Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

Using Pokemon Stadium 2 to Stabilize Q Trick Hybrids. - Page 1

Using Pokemon Stadium 2 to Stabilize Q Trick Hybrids.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-09-22 20:43:04
Now most of you know how the attack swapping effect works and how unstable hybrids are made. You also know that a Pokémon must be evolved for it to permanently maintain its new form. However, I thought about the fact "What if the Pokémon you want to swap attacks to Pokémon that can't evolve?"

In Pokémon Stadium 2 the Pokémon will be shown as it's original form. This means that any normal Pokémon turned into Charizard 'M and Qs will be turned back to normal as well as any unstable hybrids as well.

Now this may seem like a bad thing but actually one could use this to their advantage. Let's say I wanted a Mewtwo to know Fly. I'd do the Q trick with a Pokémon compatible with the TM Fly.

For this to work you need to turn the Mewtwo into a Pidgey. After this Teach the Pidgey (Mewtwo) Fly. After this, load your game onto Pokémon Stadium 2 and go to the lab and view your Pokémon PC. In there you will notice that the Mewtwo you turned into a Pidgey will be a Mewtwo. If you look at its stats, the Mewtwo will have the attack fly among its moveset. Exit the lab and when it asks you if you want save, select yes and the data will be saved to your game cart via Transfer pak.

Afterwords, on  your cart you should have a Flying Mewtwo that is completely stable and will most likely be able to be transferred over Game Link to GSC with ease since it is no longer a hybrid.

There you have it and I hope this information was useful. I tested it on my Copies of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Stadium 2 and it should work providing I'm not forgetting a step.

Edit: I wasn't entirely sure if you guys knew about this or not. I'm assuming yes but if not here you go.

Edit 2: Made a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codkIvjMUt4

Re: How to take REAL advantage of the Q Trick

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-09-22 21:29:32
Cool idea!  Have you tried it out yet?

Date: 2009-09-22 21:33:29
Yeah I actually have. Numerous times. I got a flying Onyx by turning it into a Fearow.
I got a Fire Blasting, Mega Kicking, and Mega Punching Ditto by turning the Ditto into a Charizard 'M
I turned a Magnaton into a Charizard 'M and Taught it Fire Blast and some other attack I forgot.
I got a flying and Surfing Pikachu by turning it into a Pidgey and then into a Kangaskhan. (that one was fun!)

As with all of these I turned the Pokémon back into their original selves Via Pokémon Stadium 2.

The list goes on from there too.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-09-25 19:26:38
Yeah, I will have to try this out! I like that idea of a surfing and flying Pikachu in reference to the Pokémon cards. I need to make a Magikarp with pwnage moves!

Date: 2009-09-25 23:57:22
What's probably the most entertaining thing is watching a Gyarados use Mega Kick in Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2. Actually just about any Pokémon with attacks they aren't supposed to have are entertaining either way you slice it. Ususally, these animations make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Sadly, I'm not sure what happened to my Red version, I have a Yellow version still but my red version was my favorite.

I actually own three transfer packs btw. (usless information but cool.)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-09-26 02:13:16

What's probably the most entertaining thing is watching a Gyarados use Mega Kick in Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2. Actually just about any Pokémon with attacks they aren't supposed to have are entertaining either way you slice it. Ususally, these animations make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Youtube video or it didn't happen.

Date: 2009-09-26 18:17:53
Unfortunately, I have no way of recording a youtube video for my television. Even if I did I've lost my red version with no way of finding one. I'd do it on an emulator but I don't think N64 emulators support transfer pak yet.

Finding a rom of Pokémon Stadium 2 is difficult for me because the larger roms are usually on rom sites that don't allow you to resume downloads after you pause them in Firefox. They just come up with an error saying that the download failed and when I restart the download it finishes instantly but prematurely making the file useless.

You do know that there are people here that can prove it for me right? Anyways, why should I prove this if I don't have the proper equipment. Let an admin or someone do it if you don't believe me. I'm very limited in what I can and can't show you at this current point in time.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-09-26 19:22:37

Unfortunately, I have no way of recording a youtube video for my television. Even if I did I've lost my red version with no way of finding one. I'd do it on an emulator but I don't think N64 emulators support transfer pak yet.

Project64 does support transfer paks, you just need to find the right input plugin.

Date: 2009-09-26 19:36:07
:-\hm…. Interesting. how exactly does it work may I ask? Does it read GB rom files rather than the actual Carts or do you need to purchase a special USB addon to allow it to play carts.

Actually, they don't actually use nonsensical animations per say. They just use animations that seem very odd. Try using a Mewtwo with Fly in Pokémon Stadium 1 or 2 for instance and he'll do some kind of DragonBall Z style teleportation dashing attack and if I remember correctly, you can just briefly see the opponent on screen. My memory is a little rusty though.

The Gyarados just spits the punch at the opponent. Ever saw a Fearow or Gyarados do dig. If you haven't then you aren't missing out on it (although Gyrarados' ememse size makes part of it stick out of the ground a little from what I remember.)

Like I said, try it yourself if you don't believe me.

I can't do it at the moment and my reasons are already stated above.

Date: 2009-10-16 23:25:48
Good news everyone! (No it isn't Tachi knows how to cough like a penis. *shot*) I got another Red version. Now all I need for the neccesary supplies is my copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 (I seem to have misplaced it at this time.) and a Dazzle. ( a thing that records directly from a television set. Expensive yes, but my dad will buy me just about anything.)

Posted by: Ashandmisty
Date: 2009-10-30 13:47:55
Hmm…I would kill to see a video.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-30 14:11:58

Project64 does support transfer paks, you just need to find the right input plugin.

N-RAGE

Posted by: gemini
Date: 2009-10-30 15:16:39
Does this wrk with pokemon stadium 1 or does it have to be 2?

Date: 2009-10-30 17:05:19
It SORT of works in Pokemon Stadium 1 but the changes aren't permanent. the reason why the changes to the game on Stadium 2 are permanent is a circumstance very close to when you upload Missingno. or another glitch pokemon onto Pokemon stadium 2. (except for the fact they don't turn into dittos like Glitch pokemon do.)

Date: 2009-11-25 22:57:29
ITS UPDATING TIME!

I finally made a video after several long hours of pain and torment! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codkIvjMUt4