Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Non-Core Game Glitch Discussion

Using Pokemon Stadium 2 to Stabilize Q Trick Hybrids. - Page 2

Re: How to take REAL advantage of the Q Trick

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-11-26 00:18:29

ITS UPDATING TIME!

I finally made a video after several long hours of pain and torment! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codkIvjMUt4

nice video! :)

Re: How to take REAL advantage of the Q Trick

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-11-30 20:27:34
I'm working on a new video now just showing off animations for attacks certain pokemon wouldn't normally know.

If you have any requests for certain pokemon with attacks they normally wouldn't know, then request them here please and I'll see what I can do.

Re: Using Pokemon Stadium 2 to Stabilize Q Trick Hybrids.

Posted by: lolwut
Date: 2009-12-05 18:08:11
Hello guys.
I recently decided to play pokémon again and I just stumbled upon this site. It's awesome I must say, but I still have a question about the Q glitch.

Let's suppose I want to get a Pikachu with the move Fly from a Pidgey and I do the q trick.
Does Pikachu get the DVs from the Pidgey or does it keep its own DVs
- if it doesn't evolve
- if it evolves to Raichu
- if it turns to a normal Pokémon in Pokémon Stadium 2
?

Help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-05 18:31:04
That's pretty amazing Glisp. The flying Onix sort of reminds me of the flying Golem my brother saw on his stadium 1, when it used Metronome. Was a laugh. But you can already see Pikachu on a surfboard, on stadium with the use of Pokemon Yellow. But to see moves that Pokemon wouldn't use, my brother used an GG/AR, and taught his Ditto Firepunch. If I had to "prove" something to someone I'd go crazy, since all that work would be put into nothing but, nice work by the way. Keep up the amazement.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-05 18:45:14
Welcome to GCL lolwut.

Unfortunately, exactly how the Q-trick works is not an area of my expertise- I've never even done Q-trick. I'm sure, however, that Glisp or some others will be able to help you.

Date: 2009-12-05 18:50:01
I haven't tried either. I was sure the Q-Glitch was on Yellow, or am I thinking of something else.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-05 18:52:48
I think it's actually on all three Generation I games.

Date: 2009-12-05 18:58:39
Well, I've only found Q in Yellow when I was researching Female Symbol, and her Superglitch triggered off a Death Trainer with a level 0 Q with HP that would never drop. If this can stable the hybirds stable, then you can teach them everything.

Date: 2009-12-07 20:10:19
Charizard 'M is Q's Red and Blue Equivilant. Interestingly though, while they both are very different in terms of type, level up moves, and sprite data, They both possess the same abilities right down to the very last one. That means the Q trick works in All Generation I games, not just Yellow and that in all Generation 1 games, any Pokemon in your party below Q or Charizard 'M will be invisible. The invisibility also goes for the PC as well.

Also, there is a way to get Q without any problems. It requires you to catch another pokemon. At level 7 (or was it 9), this pokemon will evolve into Q. Its on Bulbapedia btw. Q can also be traded over to Red and Blue this way as well where it becomes a Charizard 'M.

As for your question lolwut, I have yet to find a method of getting an unevolved Pikachu to possess the Stats of another Pokemon. I have however been able to make it be able to turn into a Pidgey and teach it Fly before turning it back into a Pikachu via Pokemon Stadium 2.

The wiki article should help a little and explain it better:

http://www.glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Q_Trick

Date: 2009-12-07 20:37:49
I was thinking of maybe a wild Pikachu, or a hybird of one, but that's just my thought.

Date: 2009-12-08 09:26:52
I used my method to teach a Snorlax fly and Sky Attack recently and what's funny is that in Pokemon Stadium 2, it uses its body slam animation when it launches the attack on the second turn. If this were a game with real life violence, the opponent would be flattened to death by Snorlax's sheer weight.

For the part where Snorlax flys up into the sky, it uses its stat boosting attack animation.

Date: 2009-12-08 17:42:27
Must of been a right laugh to see. But I was thinking since there's like a hybird for most Pokemon, but no idea if there's any for Pokemon like Pikachu/Snorlax/Gloom, but what's bothered me is about the entires on the HoF, if I do find the motivation, to drag out my ROMs, and ruin the HoF, I'll get a topic about it. Say if Snorlax were to use like Fly, but it would use its Surf/Earthquake animation?

Posted by: lol wut
Date: 2009-12-09 16:25:22
SO

it's me again and I have a very essential problem. It's not totally related to the topic but I don't think it deserves an own thread. I am not sure if anybody has ever encountered this problem, so it may be interesting for you.
So I managed to do the extended Mew glitch with Ditto in my Pokémon Yellow and I actually managed to capture a 44hy in order to evolve it with a Rare Candy. Felt good. Just one problem:
It won't evolve. It will learn TM05 on level 8 but it won't become a Q. Some strange things that I could figure out:
- If I view its stats, it will play the melody of Orania City. On rare occasions it will play a somewhat calm melody that I already encountered somewhere in the storyline, but I can't remember the exact place, maybe it was the sound of the pokéflute but I'm really not sure.
- I tried to trade it to version Red. It worked and it sometimes made some parts of text invisible; but it didn't become an "a" in Red as stated in bulbapedia for example; it had the same sprite like that one on bulbapedia though. It still had the name 44hy. In the trading center, and when I viewed its stats in Red the Name changed to "à" with two random characters between à and . Also, the only move that this glitch pokémon learned was TM54 when I used Rare Candies until level ~47. Again, Bulbapedia says something different.
- The French version of Bulbapedia says that the evolution of 44hp to Q is only possible in the American version of Yellow. I am German, therefore I have the German version. Is this really true? So I won't get a Magikarp with explosion? If it's true, are there any other ways to obtain this pokemon without any cheat devices? What is different in the versions that could make this s**t possible?

If you could share any thoughts regarding the reasons for this unusual behaviour of 44hy, or even better, if you could tell me how to get Q/Charizard 'M nonetheless I I'd be really grateful.

Posted by: echinodermata
Date: 2009-12-09 20:09:15
Here's why there's differences between language versions:

Most data for glitch pokemon are read in a very orderly manner: For example, the data for a glitch pokemon with pokedex number 152 lies in memory directly after the data for pokemon #151, and 153 comes right after 152, and so on, all in a region of memory which is, of course, not language dependent.

The data for level up moves and evolutions for glitches work differently. They are read from random locations in memory (random not in the sense of 'always changing', but in the sense of 'unpredictable and disordered'). Thus, they very easily could be read language-version specific parts of memory, so that the glitch data themselves are dependent on language. By your evidence, this is indeed the case.

In other words, you're out of luck.

Date: 2009-12-10 20:28:37

Here's why there's differences between language versions:

Most data for glitch pokemon are read in a very orderly manner: For example, the data for a glitch pokemon with pokedex number 152 lies in memory directly after the data for pokemon #151, and 153 comes right after 152, and so on, all in a region of memory which is, of course, not language dependent.

The data for level up moves and evolutions for glitches work differently. They are read from random locations in memory (random not in the sense of 'always changing', but in the sense of 'unpredictable and disordered'). Thus, they very easily could be read language-version specific parts of memory, so that the glitch data themselves are dependent on language. By your evidence, this is indeed the case.

In other words, you're out of luck.

Incidentally, iirc wasn't there a Charizard 'M in Japanese Red and Green that was Equivialant the US Charizard 'M?  I'm not sure if its abilities are the same but I think that would mean in all other language versions of the game, whatever glitch pokemon occupies hex FF, would indeed have those same traits in other language versions. I feel that it is likely since Q and Charizard 'M both share the same commone ability with one another. I'm not talking about just the fact that the two both are just in Hex slot 255. I mean they have the unique ability to swap attacks between normal pokemon.

As for obtaining it……That's another thing. We were doing research on All other language versions of pokemon games, however most of that info was lost when Glitchdex 1 was disabled. As of now, Glitchdex 2 has no information on the subject or any of the pokemon for that matter. I 'm sure Abwayax has the information archived somewhere though.