Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Super Smash Bros. Brawl thread - Page 5

Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl thread

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-01-21 13:32:05
OMG SUPER SNEAKY SPOILER!!!! Go to Serebii.net now for those that are reading this!!!!!!!! An image in the game showed what appears to be  Jigglypuff and (drumroll)….LUCARIO AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER! No kidding check it out!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-01-23 21:15:01
NOTICE>Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we?ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.

OH COME ON!

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-24 19:50:32
Didn't know it as that soon. The anticipation is killing me! [size=1pt]but I don't have a Wii @#^K it :P[/size]

Date: 2008-01-24 20:05:18
[size=1pt]but I don't have a Wii @#^K it :P[/size]

As my friend says,
"OOOH, DAT'S A BUMMA."

Date: 2008-01-24 20:07:01

[size=1pt]but I don't have a Wii @#^K it :P[/size]

As my friend says,
"OOOH, DAT'S A BUMMA."
Not really. ;D

Date: 2008-01-29 20:24:10
More info about Lucario is just in at Serebii.net. It has been confirmed totally by some images obtained from a Japanese video of the game (not just a tiny icon that might have been hacked), that he IS indeed in the game, w00t! There was also an image of most of the character selection screen, confirming what appears to be all but 1 character in brawl. most of the ones we didn't know were a few returning characters, including Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, and YES Jigglypuff too. However there was 1 robot-looking character from a game I do not know, you guys will definitely want to check all this out!

Date: 2008-01-30 19:32:07

More info about Lucario is just in at Serebii.net. It has been confirmed totally by some images obtained from a Japanese video of the game (not just a tiny icon that might have been hacked), that he IS indeed in the game, w00t! There was also an image of most of the character selection screen, confirming what appears to be all but 1 character in brawl. most of the ones we didn't know were a few returning characters, including Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, and YES Jigglypuff too. However there was 1 robot-looking character from a game I do not know, you guys will definitely want to check all this out!

Could the robot be R.O.B?

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-02-03 15:22:58

Could the robot be R.O.B?

I don't know who R.O.B is
but it is him.

Date: 2008-02-09 15:16:22
A certain "bdcool" on YouTube has made over 100 SSBB videos, including music of it! Also some "Klodd" has uploaded character demos! Check 'em out ;D

Date: 2008-02-29 09:50:21
Ah, yes, the sweet official page on Lucario is now open at smashbros.com :) (February 28 "???"). Considering the excellent close up snapshots and descriptions of his moves, he really DOES look like the most awesome Brawl character in my opinion! In fact, he is so awesome that I'm gonna put him in my inventory/profile whatever even though I changed it only 2 days ago! "The Aura is with me" w00t! Also, todays update shows the Spear Pillar stage from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. PS: if you REALLY want spoilers, Serebii.net now has a list of characters and stages.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-02-29 13:04:44
I changed my avatar+Personal text  because when I unlock Lucario I'm gonna use him mainly.

Date: 2008-03-01 05:54:39
Yay, the discussion's starting! Finally, because it came out about 2 damn months ago! Anyway yeah, Lucario becomes the new Mewtwo kind of. Such a cool character to use, why must his Final Smash suck so much?! Anyway, I have the entire OST. Downloaded it about a week or two after it came out.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-03-01 13:56:50

Yay, the discussion's starting! Finally, because it came out about 2 damn months ago! Anyway yeah, Lucario becomes the new Mewtwo kind of. Such a cool character to use, why must his Final Smash suck so much?! Anyway, I have the entire OST. Downloaded it about a week or two after it came out.

Sorry to ask but do you mind telling me what
an OST is?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-03 07:16:05
why must his Final Smash suck so much?!

What's wrong with Lucario's Final Smash?

Date: 2008-03-03 19:32:10
WICKED AWESOME REVELATION! [size=72pt]THE LYRICS FOR THE OPENING THEME ARE IN LATIN![/size] Yes, damn straight, Latin! Awesome huh? It shows the lyrics once you beat The Subspace Emissary as part of the credits.
Audi famam illius…
Solus in hostes ruit…
et patriam servavit.
Lyrics are also here: http://smashgamers.com/2008/02/07/super-smash-bros-brawl-main-theme-lyrics-revealed/ Kinda deep if you ask me. They well explain the nature of fighting games like this, as well as the story of SSE does. I can see why it gets all the 10/10 ratings.