Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Greatest Game EVER? - Page 1

Greatest Game EVER?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-23 20:19:18
For you, what is it and why?

Re: Greatest Game EVER?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-04-23 20:22:10
SSX Tricky.  It single-handedly got me into gaming.  It was the peak of the SSX series, and plus – Run-DMC is just plain awesome.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-08 23:14:54
Final Fantasy Tactics. the first one for the psone. Read this and you'll understand why. And, before you ask, YES you can turn the music off. The player's near the bottom.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-05-09 00:48:34
Does it have to be just one? If so, I guess I would say Shadow of the Colossus.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-09 01:00:09
Right now it's God of War.. but if I get my hand on that game
(Shadow of Colussus) God of War will be in second.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-05-09 14:16:35
Aggh… Hard to decide; I am debating between the Pokemon series or the Warcraft series.
Pokemon basically introduced me to the world of gaming.
Warcraft has a stroyline that intrigues me, and I just consider it epic.

I'm just going to say both of those for me… And out of those series? Pokemon Red, Warcraft III and WoW.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-05-09 22:55:02
Pok?mon got me into RPGs, Crash Bandicoot got me into platformers and Gran Turismo got me into racing, so all 3, I guess. But if I had to choose one, it would be Crash Bandicoot.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-10 11:50:47
Megaman X(4), Pokemon and the Lego _______ series.

Yeah.

Date: 2009-05-10 12:21:07
Pokemon was what had me into RPGs, Rhythm Heaven is probably the best music game ever, and Super Mario 64 is my all time favorite.

Posted by: JRorrim
Date: 2009-06-20 02:12:17
Tuff question….hmmm I'm gonna break the rules and pick 2 I'd say shadow of the colossus and pokemon crystal

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-20 02:56:03
It's spelt tough, and my favorite game series are Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and the Forbidden Siren series. Silent Hill is what got me hooked into survival horror, like RE and Forbidden Siren. Forbidden Siren, is my favorite, it has awesome music, Forbidden Siren 2, kicks ass for the Shibito are more smarter and stronger, but the Yamibito and the Kou-Yamibito, are bitches to beat, as the Kou-Yamibito have these giant faces that shields them, and they let off Black Fog and it's a nightmare to see where you are going, and their weakness is light, they hate light to blind them and shoot them in the back is how to kill 'em. But you can stun them/kill them with a headshot, but the Yamibito, are strong and takes a few bullets/hits to take them down. If you don't kill a Yamirei, before you take down a Yamibito, they will be brought back to life, as for the Shiryos, they can resurrect Shibitos, so kill them with the flashlight. The Yamireis are little buggers but they hate light just as much as the Yamibito, so do the Shiryos, but still the Siren Series has my vote.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-06-20 03:41:43
I'd have to say Rhythm Heaven. 50 rhythmic minigames, 8 "Guitar Lessons", and a "Battle of the Bands" mode. I am heavy laden with happiness.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-20 04:08:05
Super Mario Bros 3, an old game I haven't played since I was 9 years old. (Also I'd better make some more 3D Trainers.) Anyway, Halo 3 was good, but was a bit too short. Assassin's Creed was awesome, so need to get a new 360 to get the second game, and Left 4 Dead 2, this year. ^^ The Halo series are awesome, shame I suck at them.

Date: 2009-06-20 18:06:47

I'd have to say Rhythm Heaven. 50 rhythmic minigames, 8 "Guitar Lessons", and a "Battle of the Bands" mode. I am heavy laden with happiness.

Yeah. It's like heroine. If you stop, your body will suffer.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-06-23 08:44:32
Legend of Dragoon. With amazing graphics (at that time), tear dripping story line, and good music, it has to be a hit among hits.