Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Greatest Game EVER? - Page 2

Re: Greatest Game EVER?

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-06-23 19:21:15
I've never been able to get into that game. I have all four discs in near mint condition, all except for the first one. One small gash prevented the disc from getting past the first dungeon. And now that I'm old enough to know how and have the stuff to fix it, my PS2 breaks. I take that to a guy who says he can fix it. Turns out he was moving…  to Tennessee…

Posted by: Krisp
Date: 2009-06-26 20:22:43
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is the greatest game ever. It was my first video (it came with my Genesis) and has always been my favorite. The graphics, the levels, the music….they're all so beautiful. My favorite zones are Metropolis Zone, Hill Top Zone, and Mystic Cave Zone.

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2009-06-26 20:30:56
The best game for me would have to be…Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  I don't have it, but I have played it, and I think that it is really fun.  My favorite character would probably be Link.

Posted by: BLMNDEF
Date: 2009-07-20 15:11:05
Pokemon Gold, my first game evah. I just love nostalgia.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-07-20 22:16:14
I don't really have anything I can call the greatest game at the moment. Still, Pokemon Platinum manages to consistently steal a significant portion of my life away, so it must be doing something right.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-07-20 22:25:18
Pokemon Red was my first game ever (and probably the only reason why I started playing video games), so I guess it gets my vote.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-23 18:33:16
I like pokemon, but I wouldn't consider it the BEST game ever…
Pokemon just gets addicting to me and not what I call fun.

Posted by: Inquisitor
Date: 2009-08-17 02:43:23
I'm 15 years old so yeah I don't even know why I still play pokemon (But I'm ONLY interested in completing the pokedex and finding glitches anyway, never cared about the storyline and such).

My favourite games are command & conquer and doom, so I guess my favourite is command & conquer. There's nothing better than it IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3RH9_g7P14

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-17 03:30:48
Half-Life 2 just might end up becoming my favorite game of all time. Maybe.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-22 10:45:05
Hangman Super Mario 64 Mugen, a fully customizable fighting game for your computer. More information can be found here.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-08-22 14:51:52
I know what mugen is jolteon!
Can you help me download a character?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-23 05:53:53
Check your inbox.

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2009-08-23 10:52:53
Hmm… it's a toss-up between Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy VI…

I'm going to say… Final Fantasy VII… it was my 14th birthday present, back in 1998… I played it almost nonstop when I first got it… ^_^

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-08-23 11:19:31
Hmm, I have so many favorites… When I'd gotten Saints Row 2 for Xmas last year for the 360, I played it non-stop, but I have so many. I would say Guild Wars 2, but that isn't out yet. The trailer was awesome. Hmm, the best game I've played would be Silent Hill: Homecoming. The feel of the fear has come back in this game! The graphics are brilliant, the mysteries, as well as monsters, are back the weapons are just right, unlike the RE games that have gone down hill. So, I say Silent Hill: Homecoming. The feel of Silent Hill has been revived in this game, that's for sure. SH: SM, is gonna suck so, SH: Homecoming is brilliant.

Posted by: Wild GHOST
Date: 2009-08-31 19:19:44
Hm… This is a rather tough decision, actually!
I've been playing quite a lot of Team Fortress 2 as of late and I do enjoy it quite a bit. It also helps that Valve is pretty much the best company ever when it comes to giving back to the players; they've released several -huge- updates since the game was released back in 2007, and with each update they went out of their way to include at least one player-made map. If you can get a good team going then it's also very fun to play! Even on a small server with only three or four players, you can just forget about serious play and spend the time talking.

That aside, I'm also a very big fan of the Tales series of RPGs. The battle system is simply amazing and the storylines will have you hooked! If I wasn't short on money right now, I'd pick up Tales of Vesperia and continue playing through; Tales of the Abyss is the most recent one I have, and after playing through it with a very close friend before she returned to her home out-of-state I just can't play it alone. I've been playing through Symphonia for the fifth or sixth time now, and although the lack of a free-run skill makes the battles feel more linear and little to no Mystic Artes make things a little less exciting I'm still enjoying it!

Changing gears yet again, I highly recommend Psychonauts. It's a fun little game with an amazing story, and you're really missing out if you haven't played it. If you don't believe me, just check out this video of a level titled "The Milkman Conspiracy."