Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Greatest Game EVER? - Page 3

Re: Greatest Game EVER?

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2010-07-09 05:36:09
Pokemon red and crystal. God of War 1 and 2 (need 3). And Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Mortal Kombat Deception, and Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2010-07-09 10:06:42
Legend of Legaia. Too bad most people haven't heard of it.

Also Cave Story and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-07-10 07:16:01
Papa Doc, why did you bump? -_-

My favorites would have to be Metal Slug 7 (Blasts and blood, anyone?), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (That game is addictive as hell), Super Mario Bros. (Nostalgia FTW), The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Nice graphics, and it's just epic), and Pokemon HeartGold (GB sounds makes me nostalga over the whole damn game).

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-07-10 12:51:14

Papa Doc, why did you bump? -_-

My favorites would have to be Metal Slug 7 (Blasts and blood, anyone?), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (That game is addictive as hell), Super Mario Bros. (Nostalgia FTW), The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Nice graphics, and it's just epic), and Pokemon HeartGold (GB sounds makes me nostalga over the whole damn game).

Why not? I mean I like the Pokemon series, ACWW and all 3 of the Super Smash Bros games

Date: 2010-07-10 19:16:11
Smb is the shit I forgot to mention those! Anyone here ever play Adventure Island, its like mario but you collect fruit, ride a skateboard, fight a rhino, and you get to ride different dinosaurs, pretty badass!

Date: 2010-08-09 17:10:50
…That sounds more like a gangster Donkey Kong *shot*

I'd have to say the Guitar Hero games, the FATE games, the already listed games from my other post, and Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.

Date: 2010-08-11 00:41:32
Haha for real. Donkey Kong Country number 2 is the shit.

Date: 2010-08-11 04:13:31
No kidding.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2010-08-15 18:41:47
I'd openly have to say that Red Dead Redemption is the best game I've ever played. I enjoyed every minute of it and it's still fun despite me beating the story.

Date: 2010-09-05 17:44:51
Red Dead isn't bad, it's just somewhat overrated. Besides that, it's great!

Posted by: playon999
Date: 2010-09-28 18:31:26
FFIV

best. game. ever.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2010-10-13 03:13:35

Legend of Legaia. Too bad most people haven't heard of it.
I have to agree with you, this game was my first RPG on the PS1. I love this game, definitely one of the top games on my list. But the greatest, damn hmm… i'd have to say Sonic 3K since I am a huge Sonic/Sega fanboy.  :P

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2010-10-13 09:48:48
I've lost track on the games I found the greatest. I would say, Halo: Reach, but fuck, I found it a bit hard since I'm not used to playing on Normal Difficulty, semi-used to Heroic, on Halo, but Normal on Halo 3: OSDT, is like playing on Legendary. At the moment, I'd say Dragon Age: Origins, as that has a feel of Guild Wars, and World of Warcraft into one.

Posted by: 46664
Date: 2011-11-11 15:02:33
Sonic 3 and Knuckles

*runs for cover*

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-11-16 08:09:37
My favourite obscure game is Tomato Adventure, an RPG which AlphaDream made before Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Really, when it got going I really liked it better than the spiritual sequel! Shame there's no fan translation for it.