Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

New DSi model annouced - Page 3

Re: New DSi model annouced

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-10-31 11:51:06
is homebrew on dsi worth it? have they made it a homebrew version yet?(the hackers and nerds)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-10-31 11:52:08

is homebrew on dsi worth it? have they made it a homebrew version yet?(the hackers and nerds)

They are making progress, but nothing major yet.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/10/nintendo-dsi-xl/
Go there for pictures and info.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-10-31 12:22:10

what if I like both?

If you have enough funds, then get both. If not, then get the DS Lite (and a warranty - they may be smaller, but they're also more fragile) and start saving for when the DSi can become a phone (you know that it's going to happen.) Both are good investments - the DS Lite for the backwards compatibility, the DSi for everything else.

Date: 2009-10-31 12:55:54
Or just trade the old DSi in when an upgrade comes out.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-11-04 19:07:43
Wow this is sooo lame. I like the original DSI better. :P Definatley not buying the new one. Hopefully nobody buys it for me for christmas or something dumb.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-11-06 15:25:14
yay i like your avitar

yeah but I agree with you on that…

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-11-09 20:06:56

The DSi XL will feature 4.5 inch screens, a bigger battery for more battery life, a normal stylus, and a pen stylus. It will be somewhat thicker than the DSi and will have five bundled apps. (Brain Age Math, Literature, Sudoku, Browser, and Flipnote Studio) It will come in three colors, Wine Red, Dusky Brown, and Creamy White. I'm happy for it. It comes out in the UK and US in the first quarter of 2010. So the question is, do you like bigger or slimmer portable gaming models? (Also a DSi XL discussion thread.)

With thicker it better have the GBA slot.

This. You know they won't because Nintendo doesn't really care what we want. Its what THEY want that matters.

Date: 2009-11-09 20:19:55

The DSi XL will feature 4.5 inch screens, a bigger battery for more battery life, a normal stylus, and a pen stylus. It will be somewhat thicker than the DSi and will have five bundled apps. (Brain Age Math, Literature, Sudoku, Browser, and Flipnote Studio) It will come in three colors, Wine Red, Dusky Brown, and Creamy White. I'm happy for it. It comes out in the UK and US in the first quarter of 2010. So the question is, do you like bigger or slimmer portable gaming models? (Also a DSi XL discussion thread.)

This. You know they won't because Nintendo doesn't really care what we want. Its what THEY want that matters.

Right. It's just a quick cash-in.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-11-11 16:45:52

Right. It's just a quick cash-in.

True :|
Oh well…I probably wont buy it :P I found my DS Lite recently Im so pumped! :D Screw the new stuff!

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-11-12 20:41:41
Meh, I should probaly wait longer and see where Nintendo is going next with their systems before I buy any new DS models. I am still sitting on my DS Phat (original)! Its getting less battery life in its old age, so I will need a newer model eventually….