Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

SETTLE IT! In SMASH! (SSB4 thread) - Page 1

SETTLE IT! In SMASH! (SSB4 thread)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-10-03 15:58:41
SMASHAN!

STUFF UNLOCKAN!

BUTTON MASHAN!

Anyone else played it? I got mine today and I've been having a blast so far.

[size=1pt]Also Jesus Christ Dark Pit how fucking lazy are you Sakurai.[/size]

Re: SETTLE IT! In SMASH! (SSB4 thread)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-10-03 20:43:46

[size=1pt]Also Jesus Christ Dark Pit how fucking lazy are you Sakurai.[/size]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/qZF4RPc.jpg[/img]

Wait, what am I doing here? I was supposed to wake up early like 2 hours ago to go get it now that it's released here. Time to run across the road right now and buy the fuck out of it.

Well, I should probably put some clothes on, but yeah.

Date: 2014-10-03 20:49:56
Clothes are for losers anyway.

But yeah, hurry up and get it. You won't regret it, I swear.

Date: 2014-10-03 22:28:13
I did and I am FUCKING LOVING THIS FUCK YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

Still deciding who to main, Wii Fit Trainer looks like best girl so far.

EDIT: Actually make that Zero Suit Samus.

Date: 2014-10-04 16:11:32
FUCK YER SMASH BRURS.

I'm maining Meta Knight again, since he's the character that drew me to the Kirby series.

I wish the Flying Man in EarthBound was as useful as he is in Smash.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-10-04 19:21:23

FUCK YER SMASH BRURS.

I'm maining Meta Knight again, since he's the character that drew me to the Kirby series.

I wish the Flying Man in EarthBound was as useful as he is in Smash.

>I'm maining Meta Knight again,
>I'm maining Meta Knight
>I'm ma scrub.

wut who said that?

ANYWAYS here's some steps on how to go pro
1. Pick duck hunt dog
2. Pick temple
3. Go to top right corner
4. taunt like a mother fucker
5. Continue step 4 until players chase
6. Run to invincible bottom part of temple
7. Wait till they kill each other except one
8. Kill the remaining player with your remaining lives
9. Swag
10. Look at the guys playing with you and call them scrubs
11. Once they are mad at you, pour a canister of salt on them and tell them to stop being salty
12. Once they vow to never be your friend again look at a mirror and tell yourself that they aren't mad at you, they are just strawberry jelly of your new found abilities, they hate themselves
13. repeat step 9
14. Profit

Date: 2014-10-04 19:56:06
I don't know how to use the R button.

Anyway.

Was I the only one who's surprised that the Miis are actually…not awful? Customization is a royal nightmare though, since stats (for Miis and Smashers) change super duper radically.

Smash Run is a whole 'nother bag of bullshit. HEY GUYS LOOK AT ALL THESE ENEMIES YOU BETTER BEAT 'EM ALL BUT YOU ONLY HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO DO SO AND THEY'RE GONNA FUCKING SWARM YOU SO HAVE FUN.

And then OH HEY YOU PICKED A SLOW CHARACTER WELL NOW YOU GET TO RACE SANIC CAPTAIN FALCON AND GRENNINJA AND WE'RE GONNA TOTALLY IGNORE ANY SPEED INCREASE YOU GOT.

It's cool that the Hands have some new combos and attacks. Crazy Hand ripping a hole in the universe just to spite you is awesome.

Date: 2014-10-04 21:24:39

yes bert i don't know how to use the R button

O_O i play smash with a fighting stick.

[size=1pt]scrub mcscrublord maining a banned character, probably puts smash balls on.[/size]

Date: 2014-10-04 23:50:38
Did I just seriously stay up till 6am last night playing it… This must be what being hungover is like.

[size=1pt]scrub mcscrublord maining a banned character, probably puts smash balls on.[/size]

The 3DS version?
I wouldn't play it with one anyway due to the way the controls are set up (read: actually good controls unlike other fighting games so you aren't forced to use a specialized controller), but eh. Whatever pickles your goat.

So anyway, what's everyone's opinion on customizations?
On one hand, I do believe allowing the badges would be broken as hell due to things like the heal 2% damage every second or whatever badge. On the other hand, if there was a way to limit customization to only the moves, that would have been a good idea, since then they have no reason not to make Miis usable online and Palutena doesn't suck less because her default neutral B and side B are next to useless. And the rest of the character's customized moves don't get crazy enough to be considered unbalanced.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-10-05 00:07:32
I am absolutely stunned with how much there is to do in Sm4sh. I probably put in a solid eight hours today, on top of four yesterday, getting everything unlocked and such. Even with getting unlocked, there's so much more stuff I have to do. I have yet to go into any Online Matches with random people, and I still have some of the Stadium stuff to do, too.

But, damn, there's so much to do. I can't put the game down. If I get bored of fighting in VS. mode, I'll head over to the Single Player section and either do some Stadium things, like Home Run Derby, or complete some of the challenges that are available. If none of those, I'll play a little bit of Classic mode. And I still have yet to try out every character. I'll be maining ROB again, but Pac-Man is surprisingly good. He might be my second, if not end up overtaking ROB as my main.

The controls I've surprisingly got accustomed to fairly quickly. I was a bit worried at first, having played on a Gamecube controller all my life, that I would have some trouble being as good as I was. Not a problem at all. I managed to get things down within the first few hours of playing, and now I don't feel like the controls are a hindrance at all. They're actually extremely fluid, though I do wish that R was exclusively for shielding, and L was exclusively for grabbing. I like the ability to have both be for shield, and then have another button be for grabbing.

Online play is a little slow, I've found. I've had a little bit of lag while playing matches against my friends, and I know that, if that's how it's like against friends, then against others, in For Fun or For Glory modes, will be even worse. Not really looking forward to that, but it's something I'll have to try out. The global ranking system should be interesting, too, and give me incentive to play it, even if it isn't my favorite. Hopefully the online is better on the Wii U version, which it should be.

Stages are really nice, even if there weren't any absolutely huge stages like Temple in Melee, but I'm perfectly fine with that. It's probably too much for the 3DS to handle anyway, and it keeps the action fast-paced and close together, good for getting in and out of matches. I love the addition of Omega Mode though. Being able to square off against someone without any gimmicks on any stage, without having to be restricted to a certain set of music, is really refreshing. A welcome change.

Smash Run is fun, though a little frustrating at times. I don't really like how large the map is, as, whenever there's an event going on, I can never find it and end up missing it completely. The match at the end seems really anticlimactic, too. It reminds me a bit of Kirby Air Ride's City Trial mode, which I got a lot of gameplay out of as a wee little lad.

I don't know why I just wrote a review.

Date: 2014-10-05 17:09:11

Did I just seriously stay up till 6am last night playing it… This must be what being hungover is like.

The 3DS version?
I wouldn't play it with one anyway due to the way the controls are set up (read: actually good controls unlike other fighting games so you aren't forced to use a specialized controller), but eh. Whatever pickles your goat.

no i'm on brawl until I get a wii u or a 3ds. To be honest on brawl the gamecube controller works better for me due to the constant side rolls you have to do to get good mobility (since random tripping is a thing, thus making dashes unreliable), but on Project Melee, the fight stick works wonders, especially with Lucario (for some reason he plays a lot like a street fighter character in that) But in all honesty, it's just preference, no such thing as a "perfect controller" for any game, just ones that function with that game.

And hey what you mean "Need to use a specialized controller"? There's tons of good pad players out there who go to evo and wreck stick users.

So anyway, what's everyone's opinion on customizations?
On one hand, I do believe allowing the badges would be broken as hell due to things like the heal 2% damage every second or whatever badge. On the other hand, if there was a way to limit customization to only the moves, that would have been a good idea, since then they have no reason not to make Miis usable online and Palutena doesn't suck less because her default neutral B and side B are next to useless. And the rest of the character's customized moves don't get crazy enough to be considered unbalanced.

In all honesty, I bet they aren't going to allow people to customize their character in competitive play, shit might get waaaaaayyy too unbalanced, but personally I fucking think it's the greatest idea since building a large hadron collider making computers portable! Now i can play ganondorf without him being a slower/powerful clone of captain falcon!

Date: 2014-10-05 19:54:12
>[size=1pt]Master Hand transforming into Master Core.[/size]

Holy fuckwagons I wasn't ready for that.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-10-24 00:56:07
Serebii confirmed Mewtwo.

Date: 2014-10-24 02:39:25
8 player mode is happening. Stages with Z axes are happening. Best soundtrack ever is happening. Multiplayer Stadium is happening. Native built-in tournaments are happening. Stage Builder that you can actually do stuff with is happening. FUKKEN MEWTWO DLC IS HAPPENING. You get the idea, it's all happening.

Also, the fact that Mewtwo is going to be in the 3DS version too and he's still under development means that the engine is coded to allow all sorts of arbitrary characters to be added in later. And Amiibo means you can see Peach's underpants again. My jimmies are rustled that they took that out.

So, how long will it be before someone encounters a penis on the Miiverse stage? I'll say a couple of hours after the release.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-10-24 03:07:52
Twitch Plays Smash is happening.