Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Chee-Chai Alien franchise - Page 2

Re: Chee-Chai Alien franchise

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-01-26 18:09:12
Damn, no codes in my Gameshark book.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-01-26 18:35:16

Maybe you could pick up one that has them…for a few dollars more. 8)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-01-26 19:19:24

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CjOAYp0.png[/img]

Reminds me of Xurkitree. And the blue critter on the right looks like a Chao.

But he might only have…

[img]http://fanaru.com/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/image/64230-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-blondie-gif.gif[/img]

A fistful of dollars.

[size=7pt]I don't really have anything to contribute, I just saw this post and couldn't help myself. The series does have a really charming style, though.[/size]

Date: 2019-01-26 23:46:24

But he might only have…

[img]http://fanaru.com/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/image/64230-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-blondie-gif.gif[/img]

A fistful of dollars.

Alright, alright, that's enough, settle down, I got it for free.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-01-27 05:12:39
I think 01xx7CC5 controls the menu you're on, including minigames. Turning it on at certain points allows you to play minigames without unlocking them. However, it is a risky code with side effects such as glitching the menu or game freezes.

If you want to play the game normally, I think vba rerecording v24 svn 480(?) and likely other builds always simulates a maximum infrared signal, so you can successfully use the menu for attracting a Chalien (with full signal reception all the time) http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/VBA.html

Physically, using the Xploder GB cheat menu interface and starting the game without entering any codes bypasses the GBC only check, but if infrared is disabled you can only work with what's unlocked which doesn't use infrared. Hope this helps.

Date: 2019-01-27 10:12:43

I think 01xx7CC5 controls the menu you're on, including minigames. Turning it on at certain points allows you to play minigames without unlocking them. However, it is a risky code with side effects such as glitching the menu or game freezes.

If you want to play the game normally, I think vba rerecording v24 svn 480(?) and likely other builds always simulates a maximum infrared signal, so you can successfully use the menu for attracting a Chalien (with full signal reception all the time) http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/VBA.html

Physically, using the Xploder GB cheat menu interface and starting the game without entering any codes bypasses the GBC only check, but if infrared is disabled you can only work with what's unlocked which doesn't use infrared. Hope this helps.

Should be able to freeze the I/O port in BGB…

Date: 2019-01-27 10:45:19

Should be able to freeze the I/O port in BGB…

Ah.. cool :)

Date: 2019-01-27 14:24:08
Well, looks like I managed to get 3 of them on the GBC one. I thought I found something that let you get more (out of 16 total?), but it ended with this weird clock thing I couldn't figure out. Anyway, got a save file with those that I will probably not use till I do more of the GBA one.

Date: 2019-01-28 10:19:21
Congrats!  :D

For the screen (weird clock thing) all you have to do is mash A and directions on the d-pad. I forgot its purpose sorry but you may need to get the ball down the hole to progress.

Each Chalien has its own container (called a "pheromone"). The Chaliens you find depend on the pheromone you're using. You need to keep catching Chaliens until a "pheromone baddie" appears to unlock the pheromone it's holding. Also you'll need to interact with the Chaliens to extract dark matter into vials until all rockets are used, and play with them in the "polariton" to unlock their minigames.

While doing all this you can expect three villains to appear, who you must beat in Kachinuki!: KuruKuru Battle and possibly other activities. Also another requirement for completion other than collecting all the Chaliens and their minigames, specifically may be to have unlocked Walker (white two-legged Chalien)'s minigame because there is a part where you must play a slightly alternative version of it to a certain point.

Hope this helps. 

Date: 2019-01-28 12:04:13
Looks like just A on its own is enough. Directional inputs didn't seem to affect it. Anyway, I kept doing it and got some of the orange things, and did a bit of the dark matter extraction. Going by your video, the next thing is to do the "Cosmo Up" pachinko thing, I take it?

Probably going to focus more on Nonono Puzzle than this (as you suggested in the OP.) Yesterday I did the thing where you move a bunch of piggy banks around a grid.

Date: 2019-01-28 13:09:13

Looks like just A on its own is enough. Directional inputs didn't seem to affect it. Anyway, I kept doing it and got some of the orange things, and did a bit of the dark matter extraction. Going by your video, the next thing is to do the "Cosmo Up" pachinko thing, I take it?

Probably going to focus more on Nonono Puzzle than this (as you suggested in the OP.) Yesterday I did the thing where you move a bunch of piggy banks around a grid.

I see, cool. :) (re:A only) Sorry I didn't know.

You seem to be on the right tracks. Yes, playing with them in the pachinko room/polariton for sufficient cosmo points unlocks the Chalien's minigame.

I see, cool. ^^ The microwave minigame?

Date: 2019-01-28 20:30:03

I see, cool. :) (re:A only) Sorry I didn't know.

You seem to be on the right tracks. Yes, playing with them in the pachinko room/polariton for sufficient cosmo points unlocks the Chalien's minigame.

I see, cool. ^^ The microwave minigame?

what version of the game are you guys using?

Date: 2019-01-28 20:34:17
The only one I could find.

Date: 2019-01-28 20:43:56

The only one I could find.
I have the JPN Rumble version, same for you?
If so, here's this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SttjJwWVaGmDzGC531hrgmpTbrJui4Rd
Apply to a JPN Rumble version ROM with MD5 of "94f4306cb0c27686661e37a96eef730b" to have full IR all the time.
(IPS patches are fun!)

Date: 2019-01-28 20:59:40
That's the MD5 value alright! Thanks, I'll be trying this! :D