Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

My Official Resignation from GCL - Page 1

My Official Resignation from GCL

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2007-07-16 13:22:06
ACE91 here, for probably the last time. As most of you know, I was once one of GCL's most active members, and probably the most productive article writer next to Abwayax himself. But lately, I've been away from GCL for long periods of time, and I haven't written any new articles in who-knows-how-long. For the last few months I've been effectively retired from my duties as GCL Admin, but today I'm making it official.

I hereby resign from my position as GCL Admin. Most chances you won't ever see me around here again, and on the off chance that you do, I'll only be here as an ordinary member. My retirement is for various reasons, partially because I'm not very pleased with where this forum and its staff are going (and no, I won't give names or reasons, nor will I answer questions about why I think this), but mostly because I've moved on to bigger and better things. I have my own projects and plans now, which may or may not include my own website, and frankly I've gotten somewhat bored with GCL.

I've had a great time here for the years that I've been an active member of this community, and I've learned a lot by being a part of GCL. I've made a lot of great friends here too, and I think that we've built something great together. But now that we've scoured every kilobyte of our favorite classic Pokemon games and found almost every glitch that there is to find, my job here is done. There's just not enough left to find anymore, and even if there was, I'm not sure that I'd still be as enthusiastic to find it.

So now, with my glitch researching days long over, I will vanish into the obscurity from whence I came. Don't miss me too much. :P

"And with that, POW! I'm gone!"

~Ace

Re: My Official Resignation from GCL

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2007-07-16 13:29:43
I remember you quite well. You posted a couple of messages back on Pokeshine. Nonetheless, I shall trust that you were an excellent Administrator of Glitch City Laboratories, and it is a shame to see you go.

Though my best wishes for your future post-GCL, of course.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-16 13:31:36
You want to loose your Admin status?
I'll make it so…

It is a sad day. You were like a father to me….Well, maybe not
Your mark will be left forever.

Let the Q glitch be with you forever (or something)

Posted by: Locke
Date: 2007-07-16 13:32:26
Today is a sad day in Glitchdom. We'll all remember you. :'(

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-16 14:36:43
That is our first admin emerutis, goodbye ACE! Goodbye… :'( :'( Sob sob…….

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-16 17:15:48
So I'm not the only one pissed off with how this forum is going?

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2007-07-16 17:17:23
I'm quite content with GCL's Forum. There are a few things I may change, but it is good as is.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2007-07-16 17:56:29
:'( :'( *sob* :'( :'(

A lot can happen when you're playing the oboe.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-16 20:07:36
*GASP* You still have money left!

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2007-07-16 20:09:45
I'm gonna miss ya  :'(

If you do ever make a site, remember us.

*salutes*

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2007-07-16 22:23:00
Nuuuuuuuuuuuu. etc, etc

Posted by: Mist-Cailus
Date: 2007-07-16 23:23:23
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel sad you are leaving even if I do not know you, but anyway, I will miss you from my unnown presence.

Posted by: rjaguar3
Date: 2007-07-17 11:28:30
I'm sorry that GCL is losing one of its better members like this.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-07-17 15:09:10
It's a pity GCL is losing such a loyal member, farewell ACE.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-07-18 07:35:29
DX
bye ace!! we'll miss you!!!