Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Branching out. - Page 3

Re: missigno

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-14 10:37:54

did they popesly make missigno  :???: :???: :???: :???:

It's definitely possible. Unlike other glitch Pokemon, Missingno. has some aspects that are physically defined by the game's code.

Re: Branching out.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-03-14 18:32:19

did they popesly make missigno  :???: :???: :???: :???:

It's definitely possible. Unlike other glitch Pokemon, Missingno. has some aspects that are physically defined by the game's code.

I made a post on Bulbagarden that argues otherwise. I'd link to it here but I'm having trouble getting on BMG, so…

Re: Branching out.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-14 21:08:56
Was it this one? I remember that. We can definitely agree that his effects, like item duplication and things, were probably unintentional. But Missingno. as an entity was definitely created, whether as a filler or sprite placeholder (eg fossils) or something else. Or it's just as likely they planned for more Pokemon and then scrapped them, like you said.