Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

the chicken or the egg? - Page 1

the chicken or the egg?

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-24 19:47:19
which came first, the chicken or the egg? I personally think it was an egg laid by a dinosaur or other type of bird, that due to evolution, turned into a hatched chicken. You decide. Merry Christmas!

Re: the chicken or the egg?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-24 20:53:37

which came first, the chicken or the egg? I personally think it was an egg laid by a dinosaur or other type of bird, that due to evolution, turned into a hatched chicken. You decide. Merry Christmas!
You only say that because your a evo-creationist.
But I think the chicken came firsy.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-24 21:37:47
I voted the egg, I meant to vote for the chicken.

[size=30pt]AH FUCCCKKK!!![/size]

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-24 23:07:39
God created the chicken first.

Led, I've edited the poll so you can redo your vote.

Date: 2007-12-25 09:24:20
fix'd

It doesn't matter. God would never have created an egg first. And if you believe in evolution, the egg would have had to have been lain by a chicken. Either way, I believe a chicken came first.

Date: 2007-12-25 10:25:07
Well, if birds evolved from dinosaurs (which they did) than a dinosaur or other species of bird could have laid the egg of the more evolved chicken.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-12-28 19:03:21
It's an unanswered question.

Date: 2007-12-28 20:17:30
Another theory of mine is that some type of bird was domesticated by humans and over time, due to humanized evolution became chickinz

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-12-29 07:01:55
Chickens weren't the first creatures to lay eggs, therefore, the egg came first. Unless we're just on about eggs carrying chickens, in which case it's an egg laid by another type of bird, that due to evolution, turned into a hatched chicken.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-29 08:13:16
If you have a bird that is not counted as a chicken but is very close to being one, It lays an egg and that hatches into a chicken, then the egg came first.
Inless of course the bird mutated in a chicken during its lifetime, then the chicken came first….But what did the bird come from? An Egg?
Egg came first. Not to mention that eggs existed before chickens.

Same point as Hoggins really. Chickens are also quite a recent species if I remember, they have only been around a couple of thousand years. So Dinosaurs evolving into chickens is unlikely.

Date: 2008-01-01 19:55:53
That is what I have been saying for a while.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-01-01 20:24:20

If He didn't make the egg, then what would He have for breakfast?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-01-02 00:28:33

cereal!

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-01-02 16:19:02

cereal!

Cereal wasn't invented until recently, so God would have nothing to eat.

Date: 2008-01-02 16:26:32
He could eat at Burger King… And maybe God has all these "inventions" (such as cereal) long before they were invented and he decided to let people invent them themselves instead of naturally giving them to him.