Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Global Warming, Oil, Gas Prices, Alternate Resources, etc. - Page 2

Re: Global Warming, Oil, Gas Prices, Alternate Resources, etc.

Posted by: yinyang147
Date: 2008-05-05 09:56:19
Global Warming Solution:

Drop a giant Ice Cube into the polar ice caps.

Gas price solution:

Truckers, hurry up and go on strike!

Alternative fuel solution:

Know how a grandfather clock works? Well, think about that, but in a car.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2008-05-05 12:28:06
Obviously, we're running out of crude oil. Ethanol could be a very good alternative fuel.

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-05-05 16:22:18

Global Warming Solution:

1.  That would Prolong the effects of Global Warming, not stop them.  And when it's all said and done, The world would have flooded more than if you just left it alone.  Global Warming is the Ozone in our atmosphere being destroyed, and that causes the ice caps to melt.  Besides, they'd melt anyway, and how are you going to fit an ice cube through more ice?

Gas price solution:

What do you think they've been doing?

Do you know how many people it would take to wind up a car?  It'd be so difficult, and it'd fail to get you enough power to be useful, especially when you have a better solution in front of your face in the form of electric cars. 

Seriously, even George Bush could've thought of better ideas than those.  Think your posts through before you post them, and actually have debate points next time, okay?  Not that hard to do, considering you should be doing exactly that in the first place.

Posted by: yinyang147
Date: 2008-05-05 16:30:40

Global Warming Solution:

1.  That would Prolong the effects of Global Warming, not stop them.  And when it's all said and done, The world would have flooded more than if you just left it alone.  Global Warming is the Ozone in our atmosphere being destroyed, and that causes the ice caps to melt.  Besides, they'd melt anyway, and how are you going to fit an ice cube through more ice?

Gas price solution:

What do you think they've been doing?

Do you know how many people it would take to wind up a car?  It'd be so difficult, and it'd fail to get you enough power to be useful, especially when you have a better solution in front of your face in the form of electric cars. 

Seriously, even George Bush could've thought of better ideas than those.  Think your posts through before you post them, and actually have debate points next time, okay?  Not that hard to do, considering you should be doing exactly that in the first place.

1. Ok, a dumb idea.

2. I've seen nothing about it on the news, other than they were planning to (if they did already, I gotta start being in the loop.)

3. I meant that it would be powered by whatever spins in the car (i.e. The fans from the AC, the wheels, etc.). Another dumb idea, but it might be perfected one day.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-05-05 19:45:53

Either that, or the Earths core is heating up.

Um… No. That's just not true.

Obviously, we're running out of crude oil. Ethanol could be a very good alternative fuel.

No it can't. Ethanol is a shitty alternative fuel. Actually, its not that bad, but its Ethanol from corn thats a shitty idea. And because thats the only type of Ethanol being talked about right now… Of course, your smart and could be talking about non corn Ethanol, which is fine. But if your not, then the idea flat out sucks. I can explain at a later date.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-05-06 14:11:24
OZONE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH GLOBAL WARMING… Just so you know…

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-05-07 17:27:10

Either that, or the Earths core is heating up.

Or, you know, it could actually be our fault in pollution like all the intelligent people are saying.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-05-08 12:17:39
I don't have pollution. My laptop runs on it's own power unless it needs charging. Everyone! Switch to laptops!

Posted by: Deokishisu
Date: 2008-05-08 23:37:40
An easy way to save the environment and make a ton of electricity at the same time is to put a couple thousand windmills on barges out in the ocean.
Or instead of windmills you can use solar panels out in tropical locations.  Better yet, build friggin huge solar arrays out in deserts in Africa and Southern California.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-05-09 16:21:47
Deo: Brilliant. Wind and solar power has 0 carbon emmisions, costs barely anything, and is renewable.

Why the hell there hasn't been anything done about this is beyond me.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-05-09 17:48:25

I don't have pollution. My laptop runs on it's own power unless it needs charging. Everyone! Switch to laptops!

You have pollution. Please stop being a fucking idiot.  Your laptop uses power, and that power comes from the power grid.  The making of this power causes pollution. You make pollution, end of story.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-05-09 22:50:18
Laptops do use significantly less power than desktops though, because they're designed for portability and long battery life.

There are some interesting power ideas out there… for example, using a bunch of mirrors in the Libyan Desert to reflect heat towards a thermal-powered generator.

Date: 2008-05-10 03:13:22
Yeah! That's what I meant! I just can't get words out correctly sometimes.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-05-10 10:51:21
I think Tidal or Wave power could provide a lot of energy, the sea is massive and has a lot of energy.

Date: 2008-05-10 11:17:39
Hmm.. You know what? That just might work. If only people outside of here would follow that idea.