Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Global Warming, Oil, Gas Prices, Alternate Resources, etc. - Page 3

Re: Global Warming, Oil, Gas Prices, Alternate Resources, etc.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-05-10 11:20:06
Sounds like the same idea as the water wheel.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-05-10 11:20:31
Water wheel?

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-05-10 11:27:09
It goes next to a river, and when the river goes by, it turns the wheel, generating power. It is actually portrayed in a Pikachu short.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-05-10 17:17:21

It goes next to a river, and when the river goes by, it turns the wheel, generating power. It is actually portrayed in a Pikachu short.

It was also used for 100+ years in mills. Where do you think clothing came from in the 1800's?

Also, Hydroelectricity is something that I like. And if the Cape Wind projects doesn't go through, I'll be pissed.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-05-15 19:46:27
Wow. I came back to this thread, and found new users, and some retardedness (and a combination of the two).

Posted by: yinyang147
Date: 2008-05-15 22:26:40

Deo: Brilliant. Wind and solar power has 0 carbon emmisions, costs barely anything, and is renewable.

Why the hell there hasn't been anything done about this is beyond me.

Maybe because it's not always gonna be windy or sunny. That, or our system of government doesn't give a flying ****. Or a more sensible 3rd reason.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-05-16 18:49:23

Deo: Brilliant. Wind and solar power has 0 carbon emmisions, costs barely anything, and is renewable.

Why the hell there hasn't been anything done about this is beyond me.

Maybe because it's not always gonna be windy or sunny. That, or our system of government doesn't give a flying ****. Or a more sensible 3rd reason.

Its not always going to be windy and sunny. But in places like Arizona, it's sunny a hell of a lot. and I know that in Boston, the average wind speed per day is 5 MPH. So put wind and solar in the locations that are best for it.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-05-17 00:45:44
I agree, wind and solar power andgood energy sources, although solar panels still have issues storing vast amounts of power at a time for those rainy days.

Some people are starting to harness lightning bolts for energy. They've only been able to capture a tiny amount of the energy at a time though.

Posted by: yinyang147
Date: 2008-06-04 18:00:49

Some people are starting to harness lightning bolts for energy. They've only been able to capture a tiny amount of the energy at a time though.

We can put a man on the moon, connect every computer in the world together, and play Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but we can't capture 1.21 gigawatts? *shot*