Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

2012 - Page 1

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-29 18:05:52
So, if you haven't heard about the apocalypse of Earth as Mayan prophecy foretells, oh well.

I think it's a load of dung. Really. If it weren't the Mayans we were talking about, everybody on the planet would too.

But it is, so now some are peeing their britches about how the world will end 12/21/12. And the best part is that it's based off a calendar. Seriously! The Mayans thought that their calendar only went a certain length, and that when it ended, the Sun would get sucked into the center of the galaxy and we would all drown due to massive flooding.

Ha.

If the Sun DID get sucked into the center of the galaxy, we would freeze before any of that junk happened. Wait, no, we would freeze AFTER we collided with all the other planets, which would probably be instantaneous. Of course, the Sun would probably crash into one of the planets, so we have 7 planets and their moons, a few asteroid belts and a few dwarf planets to worry about.

Even more Ha.

The thing is, there is this 'Dark Matter' that the Mayans had no idea about, which keeps our whole galaxy in check and prevents it from imploding via Black Hole.

Those silly Mayans and their Neo beliefs.

What do YOU think?

Re: 2012

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-29 18:17:59
This is why Mayan's should go back to school and learn science.

Date: 2009-05-29 18:19:05
Although they were WAY ahead of all civilization at the time.

Date: 2009-05-29 18:20:34

Although they were WAY ahead of all civilization at the time.

Yes, they were way ahead from civilization, but not science.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-05-29 18:43:58
This is what is going to happen in 2012

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-05-29 18:47:17

Dark Matter
Don't be too sure about dark matter. It's merely theoretical.

Date: 2009-05-29 19:07:24

NOTHING! ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-05-31 17:36:19
Technically, nobody knows. It could happen in a year or a zillion years. Ok, I'm not getting up and "preaching" or whatever (I do believe this), but the Bible mentions that no one will know the exact day or the hour of Christ's return and then the world being destroyed and the kingdom of heaven reigning afterwards. So I guess the world could end anytime really. We can make estimated guesses however, like if some world leader gets up and claims that he can bring total world peace and turns out to be the anti-christ, well you can figure something will probably happen possibly soon :XD:.

Date: 2009-05-31 19:19:50

Technically, nobody knows. It could happen in a year or a zillion years. Ok, I'm not getting up and "preaching" or whatever (I do believe this), but the Bible mentions that no one will know the exact day or the hour of Christ's return and then the world being destroyed and the kingdom of heaven reigning afterwards. So I guess the world could end anytime really. We can make estimated guesses however, like if some world leader gets up and claims that he can bring total world peace and turns out to be the anti-christ, well you can figure something will probably happen possibly soon :XD:.

OMG Commies!

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-31 21:06:16

Epic win! Just to be on the safe side, I should get laid now shouldn't I? *Shot*

Date: 2009-06-02 15:00:59
How about ya'lls just give me your money. You won't need it anyway.

Date: 2009-06-02 17:38:47
In 2012, I'm voting for Sarah Palin because the world is ending anyway!

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-02 19:33:13
No one knows exactly what will happen in 4 years time. The world ends, the world end. The world might end for the better, but no one knows what will happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-06-04 15:29:17

Dark Matter
Don't be too sure about dark matter. It's merely theoretical.

Yes I agree, we still don't even know whether light is a wave or a particle, some people say a light emits photons so it must also emit anti-photons. Anti-electrons or positrons exist because people use a radiotheraputical (sp?) like a glucose that emits radioactive particles for a PET scan, the anti-electrons exist because they implode (annihilate the electrons) and turn back to energy.

But we can't say they're are anti-photons because we still don't know, and even that goes down to even deeper stuff like gluons  quarks blah blah, I wouldn't worry about the theory, even if we do die it'd probably be in our sleep

Date: 2009-06-04 15:36:19
The rub is that they actually believe that we would die of flooding.