Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Presidential Candidate - Page 1

Presidential Candidate

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-09-05 00:01:18
[img]http://i.imgur.com/uzLrg2P.png[/img]

Yep. It's gonna be THIS kinda thread.

For me, I am a supporter of Donald Trump. I believe that his pro-constitutionalist values, anti global trade deals such as the TPP (which Gary and Clinton are in favor of) appeal to me. I mainly don't support Clinton for her hundreds of scandals and Secretary of Defense slip ups like Benghazi. Gary Johnson is ''pro second ammendment'' but yet knows nothing of firearms and thinks military standard is five rounds per magazine.

Thoughts fellas?

Re: Presidential Candidate

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-09-05 00:30:33
Hillary, in what fucked-up universe does another anti-weapon law matter to criminals? They don't follow laws. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CRIMINALS! You'll strip us of weapons and all of a sudden weapon shootings will TRIPLE because of the fact that those who pull this shit won't see retaliation fron civvies. (And you can't have my 1911. It's MY 1911, NOT YOURS.) And I would HAPPILY pay more taxes for a wall to keep out illegals. More jobs, the country can recouperate, and we can FINALLY RECOVER FINANCIALLY FROM VIETNAM.

Hillary, you're fired. (Has ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE TRUMP ACTION FIGURE VIDEO? no? Shit. Go watch it. It's fucking GREAT.)

anyway, how was your day ravioli? haven't seen you in forever.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2016-09-05 00:55:38
Voted.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-09-05 04:01:52
add this

[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/db/e0/ac/dbe0ac7f9739e2699c820edb26b3f8c0.jpg[/img]

Date: 2016-09-05 09:08:41
Didn't everybody BUT Trump and Hillary drop out? I might be wrong, but still…
Who voted for Jill?

Date: 2016-09-05 14:55:37

add this

[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/db/e0/ac/dbe0ac7f9739e2699c820edb26b3f8c0.jpg[/img]

I don't understand this. Rather than choosing for a representative you just say f**k all and complain when someone who doesn't represent your values gets elected? Not voting for something that directly affects you in a system where the people have the power to elect Government bodies should be a sin.

So basically:
>''Who are you voting for?''
>''Nobody! They are all terrible!''
>''But aren't you a liberal? Surely you should be voting for Johnson or Clinton.''
>''No!''
>2018 hits
>''Gosh I hate this President! America is so stupid!''

it makes no sense

anyway, how was your day ravioli? haven't seen you in forever.

im chillin

just some schoolwork and stuff that's got me busy.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-09-05 16:56:31
I don't like Trump for a bunch of reasons, however this is where my lack of proper English vocabulary kicks in… nyah, be tryin' anyways.

I don't personnally think Trump is constitutional, I think (believe me, it's a compliment) he is a very good actor  (in that he has the skill to make everything he does look unique, and well, people like that !).
I think he is essential to politics - but please don't quote this alone ! - in that he is a living proof that Americans  (and I believe it to also be true in France where I live) don't care about, uh, "traditional" politicians ; Trump's meetings are shows that emphasis more on the way ideas  (I mean, what he is elected for, but I don't know the word :/) are presented than the ideas themselves. I guess Trump talking in more, uh, classical ways wouldn't be as impating as he is as of now.
Because this is Internet here is a tl;dr :
Trump proves that people don't care about promises, they prefer the way they are promised.

I wouldn't vote for Trump. But hey, since I'm not American, I guess I'd have more difficulties understanding his popularity than your everyday American citizen.

Hey, people, don't mistake my words : I wouldn't vote for Trump… but not for any up there either. I casted my vote on Hillary because in my opinion, she is the "less-worst" person I'd vote for if I were forced to vote for someone.
I do like Obama, because he put many efforts in making America better, and never - at the very least it is the way it looks, right ? - never caused trouble to his citizens for his own good.
Something I don't like with Trump is that he is a superb candidate, but I doubt he would be a good president.
He kinda reminds me of the rich guy when we're in high school, the guy "highly popular because he dispenses money" (c'mon, Trump's meetings are HUGE ! Plus, he is the most important backer of Fox News).

Two last things :
Because Trump is so overhyped  (you don't know how much media over here talk about him) here in France, I can't tell much of the other candidates. But I'd like to… unfortunately my college work doesn't give me much time, so I didn't look much into that topic.

The last thing : kudos to everyone that read this whole post. Even if they didn't do it in one go.

I 'd appreciate answers - after all, this is a debate - but also for American people to answer me… and maye correct me if I made false assertions. Syntax etc. mistakes tend to drive the topic off-topic (I guess that's correct ? XD). Thanks a lot !

PS : I think I just got a feel of what Torchickens must feel when re-reading his posts before posting :D

Date: 2016-09-05 19:06:47
Yeah, long-winded posts are hard to reread, but I have a character limit of 27k characters… imposed by my DSi XL. Fun times!

Anyway, Trump has some good ideas. For example, he wants to withdraw our troops and lessen our dependence on foreign oil. This allows us (the US o' A) to heal financially and the "Great Wall of Trump" (I think that's how they think of it overseas in some areas) helps keep illegal immigrants out, which means more jobs, which means average income and average living condition rises. And Trump doesn't want to take away arms for the common population. The only reason ISIS hasn't waged a normal war (footsoldiers, vehicles, etc.) on the US is because they knowmost civilians are ARMED and CAN RETALIATE AT ANY TIME. There's a reason Brits always say "If there's one person you want in a foxhole with you, it's an American." The US population is the LARGEST VOLUNTEER ARMY IN THE WORLD. And Hillary cares not. Watch: Hillary will take our guns, and suddenly gun violence will TRIPLE. They're not gonna stop due to more laws, Hillary. They're called criminals BECAUSE THEY DON'T FOLLOW LAWS! A new law won't change that!
HILLARY, YOU'RE FIRED!

Did you know the US still hasn't paid off 13% of its debt accrued during the Civil War?

Date: 2016-09-05 22:17:13

I don't personnally think Trump is constitutional, I think (believe me, it's a compliment) he is a very good actor  (in that he has the skill to make everything he does look unique, and well, people like that !).
I think he is essential to politics - but please don't quote this alone ! - in that he is a living proof that Americans  (and I believe it to also be true in France where I live) don't care about, uh, "traditional" politicians ; Trump's meetings are shows that emphasis more on the way ideas  (I mean, what he is elected for, but I don't know the word :/) are presented than the ideas themselves.

Trump is by far the most constitutional President by speaking out against anti first and second amendment politicians.

Traditional politicians are bought out by the state and bankers. Everything that is done is influenced by people with power. Google, "George Soros", to see what I'm talking about. Obviously, people don't want these crony politicians who don't serve the people.

Hey, people, don't mistake my words : I wouldn't vote for Trump… but not for any up there either. I casted my vote on Hillary because in my opinion, she is the "less-worst" person I'd vote for if I were forced to vote for someone.
I do like Obama, because he put many efforts in making America better, and never - at the very least it is the way it looks, right ? - never caused trouble to his citizens for his own good.
Something I don't like with Trump is that he is a superb candidate, but I doubt he would be a good president.
He kinda reminds me of the rich guy when we're in high school, the guy "highly popular because he dispenses money" (c'mon, Trump's meetings are HUGE ! Plus, he is the most important backer of Fox News).

Hillary is not the "least worst." She is the worst. She does not care about the LGBTQ community, has denounced homosexuals as terrible people. And now, the democratic party is supporting the Islamists saying that not all muslims are extremists but 51% of muslims in the United States support sharia law. She wants terrible global trade deals such as the TPP which would cripple our economy much like how the EU crippled Spain's economy. Not to mention she has gotten 30 million from big wall street bankers who are the same people who staged the war in Ukraine and created the Libyan vacuum for Isis to form.

Obama is a giant moron who increased our national debt by 9 trillion dollars, only a few trillion away from bankrupting the country. The unemployment rate is skyrocketing and we aren't as big as we were in trade as we were 30 years ago.

Trump isn't popular because he dispenses money. He funds his own campaign, no funder gives him money. Trump is popular because he wants to make America how it used to be in the 80's.

By the way, Fox news is funded by the democrats, and constantly bashes Trump every god damn day. They support people like Ted Cruz.

Two last things :
Because Trump is so overhyped  (you don't know how much media over here talk about him) here in France, I can't tell much of the other candidates. But I'd like to… unfortunately my college work doesn't give me much time, so I didn't look much into that topic.

They can't stop talking about him in a negative light all over the world because they know he will destroy wallstreet and the globalist monopoly.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2016-09-06 23:07:21
Stein is irrelevant.

Clinton is corrupt and has bad foreign policy.

Trump is a biggovernment huckster and a populist, and also has bad foreign policy.

Johnson is the best of them. Hes not perfect but has a generally good platform and was very successful as governor. If he doesnt make the debates everyone will be worse off for it.

Date: 2016-09-07 20:00:09

Trump is a biggovernment huckster and a populist, and also has bad foreign policy.

That is the most brainwashed thing I have heard all day. He has an excellent foreign policy for Syria and VERY anti-big government and anti globalist which is why he is against huge trade unions like the TPP. Trump is NOT big-government. Do your research.

Johnson is the best of them. Hes not perfect but has a generally good platform and was very successful as governor. If he doesnt make the debates everyone will be worse off for it.

Johnson is a moron who claims he's a Libertarian but is a complete Democrat. He knows nothing of firearms and doesn't understand what the first ammendment was made for. He even got triggered because some reporter said ''illegal'', but he claimed that was inhumane and they should be called ''undocumented''. Terrible.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-09-08 02:05:39
I am sorry, but this firearms thingy has, in my opinion, outlived its usefulness. Look man, in France only policemen wear weapons… and did we ever get mass shootings like you do every year ? No !
Did firearms ever protect anyone during these shootings ?
NO ! Weapons KILL people. And it's not "A gun is not bad when put into the right hands". It must never be given to someone that has the slightest chance to misuse it. Why give it to the everyday person ? And please, tell me why Canadians - even those living right next to the USA - always have their doors unlocked.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2016-09-08 02:46:38

That is the most brainwashed thing I have heard all day.

You seem angry.

Trump is in favor of unconstitutional torture so much for the eighth amendment. He wants to ban flag burning and decrease libel protections so much for the first amendment. Hes in favor of unconstitutional spying so much for the fourth amendment. (Obamas support of warrantless wiretapping was literally the reason I voted against him in 2008. Guess Trumps happy to be in his company.)

Trump abuses eminent domain and files frivolous lawsuits to bankrupt his opponents. I guess thats not big government at all.  ::)

Trumps foreign policy at its most coherent is bomb, bomb, bomb, torture, torture, torture, spy, spy, spy. Hes willing to condemn the Iraq Warthats goodbut apparently not willing to acknowledge that problems in the Middle East have been caused by a lot more interference than just war. We didnt go to war with Iran in 1953 we just propped up the Shah, which directly led to the radical Islamic takeover in 1979, and the hostage crisis. We bomb Libya and Iraq and Syria, and kidnap people (sometimes innocent people) and torture them in Gitmo. And we wonder why people are willing to collaborate with ISIS? Our foreign policy sucks and Trump is happy to put on a tough face and keep on promoting the same failed policies the US has had for decades. Fuck that.

Johnson is a moron who claims he's a Libertarian but is a complete Democrat.

Trump was a literal Democrat for years. Hes a Hollywood elite who has the media wrapped around his finger. Why does he have the masses fawning over him? The same reason Sanders had the college students fawning over him: he tells them what they want to hear, not whats true. Populists, populists everywhere.

Talk is cheap. Ill take the guy who despite his flaws was a good 8year governor and has a polite demeanor over the juvenile who inherited his first million (Johnson earned his) and acts like a general sleazeball. Yes, Ill take the TPP and Nazi wedding cakes and a weakonguns VP over bombing, torture, spying, and overall lack of personal freedoms.

And the birther stuff is a crock.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2016-09-09 20:53:23
IIMarckus: What about Jill Stein?

Date: 2016-09-11 12:04:01

Trump is in favor of unconstitutional torture so much for the eighth amendment.

Unconstitutional torture? Trump only said that enhanced interrogation works, but didn't specify on who it was. It's not unconstitutional if you're not a US citizen.

He wants to ban flag burning and decrease libel protections so much for the first amendment.

Source? Nowhere did I find that he wants to ban flag burning on Google. As for decreasing libel protections (on the media), it's because the constant defamation of character that can be manipulated by people with large sums of money, like global bankers who's best interest is for Trump not to win. I see no problem with that. Easier to sue the slanderous media is not a problem.

Hes in favor of unconstitutional spying so much for the fourth amendment. (Obamas support of warrantless wiretapping was literally the reason I voted against him in 2008. Guess Trumps happy to be in his company.)

Source please.

Trump abuses eminent domain and files frivolous lawsuits to bankrupt his opponents. I guess thats not big government at all.  ::)

You're confusing a sleazy businessman with a position in government. Instead of actually reading what I posted, you instead try to justify your position by pointing out his job which has no power in government.

Our foreign policy sucks and Trump is happy to put on a tough face and keep on promoting the same failed policies the US has had for decades. f**k that.

https://youtu.be/XW8RqLN3Qao?t=8m52s

Trump was a literal Democrat for years. Hes a Hollywood elite who has the media wrapped around his finger. Why does he have the masses fawning over him? The same reason Sanders had the college students fawning over him: he tells them what they want to hear, not whats true. Populists, populists everywhere.

He was a Democrat for eight years, and then Republican in 2009. I like how you think that somehow he's a flip flopper because he hated Bush. He does NOT have the media wrapped around his finger, are you absolutely INSANE?! The media has been BASHING HIM left, right, and center. He's complained HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of times that the media favors Hillary and slanders Trump, CONSTANTLY. (Which it does), http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-hanley/money-talks-why-cnn-wants_b_8313536.html. He has the masses fawning over him because people want change, and that's what he is offering. If he doesn't deliver, well that is just the magic of representative democracy.

Talk is cheap. Ill take the guy who despite his flaws was a good 8year governor and has a polite demeanor over the juvenile who inherited his first million (Johnson earned his) and acts like a general sleazeball. Yes, Ill take the TPP and Nazi wedding cakes and a weakonguns VP over bombing, torture, spying, and overall lack of personal freedoms.

And the birther stuff is a crock.

He isn't just weak on guns, he is a complete moron who doesn't know anything about guns and thinks five rounds is the military standard. Trump is FOR personal freedoms (right to bear arms against radical tyranny) over Johnson. Oh well, the vote will go in the gutter, he can't even make it in the debates.

I am sorry, but this firearms thingy has, in my opinion, outlived its usefulness. Look man, in France only policemen wear weapons… and did we ever get mass shootings like you do every year ? No !

Uh. Yes. France gets mass shootings and bombings every year and every month.

Did firearms ever protect anyone during these shootings ?

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/

Weapons KILL people.

People kill people.

Why give it to the everyday person ? And please, tell me why Canadians - even those living right next to the USA - always have their doors unlocked.

Do you think the right to bear arms is for hunting and protection? The right to bear arms is a constitutional right for the citizens of the state to defend themselves against a tyrannical oppressive government that no longer defends the interest of the people but of themselves. The 2nd ammendment is to protect us against the government, not for bringing to a forest or hunting deer.

Do you actually think that criminals BUY guns in a store and then go kill people? No. They get it illegally because it's cheaper and less costly than buying a license.

Do some actual research before you spew what the French media tells you to think.