Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Presidential Candidate - Page 2

Re: Presidential Candidate

Posted by: ravioli
Date: 2016-09-11 15:38:28
For more evidence that Gary Johnson is a complete moron, here is a video I'd like you to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW5gQo43ay4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiZf3WdNUCE

Jill Stein is also a moron who doesn't respect the law in any way shape or form. She's literally a neo-hippy. Good thing she has like >5%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMZBpC3YTwA

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2016-09-11 16:52:08

I am sorry, but this firearms thingy has, in my opinion, outlived its usefulness. Look man, in France only policemen wear weapons… and did we ever get mass shootings like you do every year ? No !

Uh. Yes. France gets mass shootings and bombings every year and every month.

Well, now explain me why I never heard of any this year. Research before you say that. This year we got attacked by ISIS - you didn't because you are in America. Going there is a pain for them - they didn't strike you for the same reason you don't get the immigrants we get.

Did firearms ever protect anyone during these shootings ?

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/

Weapons KILL people.

People kill people.

Let's just not make it easier for anyone to KILL eachother, shall we not ?

Why give it to the everyday person ? And please, tell me why Canadians - even those living right next to the USA - always have their doors unlocked.

Do you think the right to bear arms is for hunting and protection? The right to bear arms is a constitutional right for the citizens of the state to defend themselves against a tyrannical oppressive government that no longer defends the interest of the people but of themselves. The 2nd ammendment is to protect us against the government, not for bringing to a forest or hunting deer.

Do you actually think that criminals BUY guns in a store and then go kill people? No. They get it illegally because it's cheaper and less costly than buying a license.

Do some actual research before you spew what the French media tells you to think.

You want to defend against unjust governments with firearms ? Hold it. Please carefully follow my thoughts, okay ? I need to understand you, because you seem like a total alien to me right now - I guess our cultures are quite different.
Let's say Trump attains presidency. Let's also say that someone with a firearm shoots him because "he was only defending his own interests" (whether you think it be true or not, okay, that's just his opinion). How could you attack him, since he simply used a right given to him by the second amendement ?
Plus, c'mon, there are bodyguards and policemen to protect the president. And you'd defend against him with firearms ? I don't get it. He even has the army if he wants to (I guess I'm exaggerating on this one, but I want you to understand how much power the president has, and how much a firearm doesn't bring you to his level)

Also, I'd like you to enjoy this little demonstration of how tweaking stats enough can make them say what you want.
Here is a Google link : https://www.google.fr/search?q=mass+shootings+france&oq=mas+shootings+fr&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3j69i60l2.9933j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
I'll ignore the first link, since it is not exhaustive (plus Wikipedia is not considered by professionals as a viable source of information). Let's check the second link.
"UPDATED: FRANCE SUFFERED MORE CASUALTIES (MURDERS AND INJURIES) FROM MASS PUBLIC SHOOTINGS IN 2015 THAN THE US HAS SUFFERED DURING OBAMAS ENTIRE PRESIDENCY"

OMG IS THAT TRUE ? yep. I ain't telling it's false cause it's right. But there is a trick, people ! Behold !
Let's look at the tables in the bottom. I'll assume they are right - we need to trust something at some point.
The article's title is right by them, however notice that replacing 2015 by any other year between 2009 and 2014 won't work. And as far as we are now, it holds true for 2016.
The figures are as follow :
Total casulaties in 2015 : 532
Total casulaties between 2009 and 2015 : 540 = 532 + 8.

Wait, there were no shootings in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 ? Oh. Plus, both 2012 "mass" shootings yielded (drum roll) 4 deaths each - and no wounded.
2015 was the year we were attacked by ISIS. These stats are biased - were the deaths of the 9/11 counted as mass killings and reproached to any American ? I never heard they were.

Please, ravioli, I'm not trying to piss you off - if I did, then I failed at… well, I wanted to avoid unnerving anyone here - and I don't want you to criticize me for taking you to the word : if you meant something else, I didn't understand it. I'm generally bad at this kind of thing :P

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2016-09-16 17:39:52
Shillary has declared war on Lord Kek.

http://www.infowars.com/hillary-declares-war-on-pepe-the-frog/

She even has a post on her website about the dangers of this sinister cartoon amphibian.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer/

Please force your woman to take her pills, Slick Willy. I'd like to go find my sides at some point during the weekend.

I wish Canadian elections were this entertaining.

Date: 2016-09-16 18:33:52
Meh. Everyone makes mistakes. One of our former presidents declared (when president) that humanity was foolish to think they could change climat the slightest.
Now, he is back to being a candidate, and hammers that global warming is humanity's fault. Well. Truth changes.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-10-09 01:38:16
I am more against Hillary than I am Pro-Trump. However, no other option exists in order to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House.
I supported and voted for Bernie Sanders in the primaries. I believe that, if it wasn't for the Clinton Government Machine, that Bernie Sanders would have won the Democratic Nomination and therefore the election, defeating Trump.

However, that didn't happen.

Thanks to the Clinton camp's extensive use of Washington resources and insider information (colluding with the media to push certain narratives against Bernie Sanders, suppressing voting in certain states and at the Nevada Convention, and, at one point, suggesting they use Bernie Sanders' Jewish heritage against him), I was pushed staunchly against Hillary Clinton and have remained that way ever since.

With her multiple instances of corruption (covering up Bill Clinton's sexual assaults, colluding with the DNC to make her the nominee, Benghazi, emails as the Secretary of State, various assassinations of people Clinton despises like Seth Rich, coordinating with the PAC "Correct The Record", aimed at spinning stories and pushing anti-Trump/pro-Clinton narratives, her corporate and foreign funding, closed-door paid Wall Street speeches, the Clinton Foundation), there is simply no way I can support Clinton as President. Electing her as President would allow for this corruption to grow and establish roots, making it even harder to destroy. We cannot afford to have that happen.

From what I've seen from the Obama Administration, as well, is that they've acted as sort of an enabler to Hillary - the FBI did not recommend charges despite there being a plethora of evidence for conviction, and Loretta Lynch, Attorney General, met secretly with Bill Clinton before avoiding to press charges against Clinton for her conduct as Secretary of State. The Obama Administration's actions in regards to Clinton's corruption smell grossly of enabling and covering for Hillary simply because she's a Democrat. In simpler terms, in my view, the government as a whole is corrupt, and, in Trump's words, "totally broken". They no longer hold politicians who have broken the law accountable, solely due to that politician's party affiliation.

Trump is our opportunity for a reset button.

If Donald Trump is elected President, the Democratic Party (and probably the Republican Party as well), will be reformed. Trump has no party affiliation - he simply jumped into politics at the beginning of this election cycle and is in general an outsider to Washington politics. Electing an outsider such as Trump would force reformation from both the Democratic and Republican parties, and, hopefully, four years down the road, would lead to a much fairer, much less corrupt election in 2020. Without power in the White House, the parties would be forced to reform in order to get that power back - neither the establishment Democrats nor the establishment Republicans want Trump in the White House. If Trump was elected, there would need to be serious introspection going on in both parties about how they let President Trump happen, leading to massive reformations and a move back to honest, for-the-people politics.

Additionally, after studying this election, I kind of like Trump. I still think he's a s**t person and generally unethical, but I find myself in agreement with some of his policies. I agree with his stances on the TPP and (on some parts) immigration, along with his stance on creating American jobs (i.e. not taxing companies an exorbitant amount, forcing them overseas). I also agree with his stance about taking care of our homeless and our Veterans before taking in more refugees from overseas.

One thing that a lot of people don't understand about Donald is that, before, his job was to be a businessman and make the most money for his business. I've seen this argument brought up as a reason not to vote for him many times. From his tax return scandal to him shipping jobs overseas, he's been called a hypocrite and dishonest. I don't agree - he simply did those things because the laws allowed for it. As a businessman, it was his job to make the most money possible; shipping jobs overseas allowed him to do just that. He knows that it's a loophole and businesses exploit that. I believe that he'll close those loopholes as President - as his job, and loyalty, will not be to his businesses, but to the United States of America.

His bombastic and combative rhetoric make it difficult to support him (especially his comments regarding women, sheesh), but when looking at the alternative (Hillary Clinton), there is simply no other viable option to combat Washington corruption.

Date: 2016-10-09 05:35:05
Heh, when I see your post, I must agree with one of your ideas :
I the previous Presidential elections we had in France, none of the candidates struck me as "good candidates".
I mean, none of them looked honest to me. I was too young at that time, so I didn't think about it.
But next year there will be a presidential election - and next 28th December, I'll be 18. So I'll be voting there.
Yet I have a solid feeling that if I effectively go vote, I won't vote for the candidate that I prefer, I'm going to vote for the candidate that would be the "least bad" when in power.
I feel I'm going to vote not by conviction ("this guy is perfect !") but by elimination ("this guy is horrible… but the other is even more… welp, first guy…").

So yeah, I understand your "elect Trump to destroy everything and restart from scratch". Yet I am kind of afraid of him. You see, to me he looks like a bulldozer, which is what we want to make way for a rebuilding.
But I am afraid this bulldozer gets mad and goes on a rampage. Please, don't take this too literally. I'm just struggling with my limited vocabulary, so I'm actually surprised I made it this far in my post.
So, the problem is, he looks very unpredictable. And I don't like unpredictable things ; I fear them.
That's still my own opinion, though ! Act as you want, I'm not your parents :D

But, one last word, okay ? It's just that… I heavily disagree with Trump. Not 100%, but at least more than 50%.
So my expected reaction would be "man, why are you voting for him ? You're doing something awful.".
But no. I understand you. You want to send a message ? Go on, man, you have my entire support ! We never tried electing people like him !
And the alternative seems to be hopeless for us. So, someone has to try first. If it works, well, nice job of you ! If it doesn't, well, you will have made the rest of the world aware that it was an awful idea.

So every way I look at it, your reason to vote for Trump is 100% legit to me.
That doesn't nullify my previous posts. My opinions on him didn't shift much.

But hey, whatever the outcome of this election is, good luck for the next 4 year, 'Murica !

– A fellow (I guess ?) French soon-to-be presidential voter.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2016-10-09 14:20:52
He does come across like a bulldozer, but I think the system of Checks and Balances will be able to stop him from causing too much destruction while in office. Trump has already proven that he struggles to gain support among both political parties. I can't see either one, not even the Republicans, allowing him to push through the most destructive elements of his policy.

Democrats and Republicans will either stop him and refuse to negotiate, preventing him from passing any of his plans, or simply reform their parties in order to stop him - from the actions and words of both parties during this cycle, neither wants to be affiliated with him.

Date: 2016-10-29 18:25:45

She even has a post on her website about the dangers of this sinister cartoon amphibian.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/post/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer/

Please force your woman to take her pills, Slick Willy. I'd like to go find my sides at some point during the weekend.

>kek

You browse /pol/, don't you Bert?

Date: 2016-10-29 21:10:25

>kek

Sure do.

>Inb4 A FUCKING LEAF.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-30 03:49:21
Well, as I'm not American, I don't f***in care. But hey! Obama was a good president!

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-10-30 11:41:19
Fuck politics

Date: 2016-10-30 13:39:58

f**k politics

Politics affect you every day. You know those 50% taxes you're going to be paying in 10 years? Yeah you could have prevented that.

Well, as I'm not American, I don't f***in care. But hey! Obama was a good president!

No he wasn't. He fucked over so many people with healthcare and had so many dumb legislatures passed.

>kek

Sure do.

>Inb4 A FUCKING LEAF.

A
FUCKING
MEGANIUM
LEAF

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2016-10-30 14:16:20

f**k politics

Politics affect you every day. You know those 50% taxes you're going to be paying in 10 years? Yeah you could have prevented that.

I'm 14, no way in hell I could do anything about that. And even if I could, I hate politics because it's just throwing insults at people you disagree with nowadays.

Date: 2016-10-30 16:18:30

A
FUCKING
MEGANIUM
LEAF

Didn't see that coming. 10/10

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-31 10:24:36

I am sorry, but this firearms thingy has, in my opinion, outlived its usefulness. Look man, in France only policemen wear weapons… and did we ever get mass shootings like you do every year ? No !

Uh. Yes. France gets mass shootings and bombings every year and every month.

Well, now explain me why I never heard of any this year. Research before you say that. This year we got attacked by ISIS - you didn't because you are in America. Going there is a pain for them - they didn't strike you for the same reason you don't get the immigrants we get.

Ummm, should rest of Europe get worried? Are we next or something? Even though I live a few countries away from France… Should I be worried that ISIS (International S**t Issuing exploding all the SuperNova's and killing everyone) will drop a bomb on midnight?

Anyway, we, Non-Americans don't care about American politic crap.