Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

Recent purchases - Page 1

Recent purchases

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-04-23 22:14:13
Talk about music/film/vidya you bought recently.

I bought Nazareth's Big Dogz album and RATM's self-titled and Evil Empire albums a couple days ago.

Re: Recent purchases

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-04-24 00:37:39
I recently bought the Immortal Heroes expansion to the Ascension deckbuilding game (which I highly recommend) and preordered a booster box for the upcoming MTG expansion Dragon's Maze.

Date: 2013-04-24 15:18:49
I bought Hot Shots: Part Deux and True Lies (starring AHNULD) today.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-04-26 22:30:17
Iron maiden - number of the beast, and Iron Maiden - Maiden Japan on LP records.

Date: 2013-04-27 15:23:51

Iron maiden - number of the beast, and Iron Maiden - Maiden Japan on LP records.

If you don't have it, you should get Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It's an amazing album.

Date: 2013-04-27 17:24:29

If you don't have it, you should get Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It's an amazing album.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. It's harder to get maiden around here though. Most of the local record stores won't carry them, and the ones that do usually have the extremely common albums. I got those two on a yard sale for a buck, and they both are scratch free.

do video games count here? I got a frontloader NES, 2 controllers, and 4 games. Tetris, Skate or die, To the earth, and the other game isn't even worth mentioning. The best part is that all of that was only 70 dollars. Thank you local game stores that aren't gamestop :).

Date: 2013-04-27 20:29:41

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. It's harder to get maiden around here though. Most of the local record stores won't carry them, and the ones that do usually have the extremely common albums. I got those two on a yard sale for a buck, and they both are scratch free.

do video games count here? I got a frontloader NES, 2 controllers, and 4 games. Tetris, Skate or die, To the earth, and the other game isn't even worth mentioning. The best part is that all of that was only 70 dollars. Thank you local game stores that aren't gamestop :).

Where do you live? I'm in Canada, and the music stores near me love Maiden. There's often several areas on shelves for IM since they've released so much shit.

Video games count here, hence the "vidya" in the first post.

Date: 2013-04-27 22:13:53

Where do you live? I'm in Canada, and the music stores near me love Maiden. There's often several areas on shelves for IM since they've released so much shit.

Video games count here, hence the "vidya" in the first post.

odd enough I live in Tennessee, about a half hour drive to Nashville. The record shops here are all individually owned, but the catch is that most the owners are heavy into Christianity. There is a new record shop that just opened up that carries Maiden, but they ask a little much for the LP record albums. Besides, I'm tight on cash and should be saving.

Date: 2013-04-30 15:40:36
Bought the new Deep Purple album and Dan Mangan's "Oh, Fortune' album.

Date: 2013-04-30 16:59:32
Bought an N64 at a yard sale for 7 bucks. The Ac adapter was broken (cracked casing and even the PCB was cracked when I looked inside) if the console works, that would be great… but if not I can sell the controllers and get a few bucks profit.

EDIT: sold the N64 for 25, and bought Mike Tyson's Punch Out for 20.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2013-05-14 10:18:09
I recently bought the game Injustice: Gods Among Us, I finally finished story mode and have moved on to the classic battle mode and missions, though I haven't been playing it much. :V It also came bundled with Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe but I have yet to play that.

Date: 2013-06-01 21:57:11
Bought a Playstation 1 without the cables or controllers for $15 (it was originally $30 but I haggled them down), bought the cables and controllers for $15 (…at a store that sold the whole package for 30) and the game Klonoa: Door to Phantomile for $30.

(30 dollars for this game is a pretty good deal, look at the usual list prices on ebay)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-06-03 06:43:12
BOOSTER BOX UPDATE: BULK RARES FOR DAYS [img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-gonk.gif[/img]

*ahem* Also, I got a Dreamcast, two controllers, and some games.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-03 07:03:46
Recently purchased Super Pokemon Rumble (haven't gotten around to playing it), a whole bunch of Exit Trance CDs (have gotten around to playing them, one of them remixed the second Death Note ending theme and doesn't afraid of anything), something called a "Hime Trance 2" which had some more remixes of silly things, the soundtrack to American McGee's Alice, and while scouring eBay for items with no bids for <=99 cents I ended up winning Mixmag Presents: The Global House Experience (the disc is damaged as fuck, I haven't gotten around to attempting to restore it).

And some Pikachu slippers, I don't know if that fits in the vidya banner or not because they're vidya memorabilia.

So, kids; always remember: Having lots of money is fun.

Date: 2013-06-09 22:12:03
Bought a playstation 2 slim. Thank god the hack works…now to find a decent dvd disk drive to backup my games.