Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

Recent purchases - Page 3

Re: Recent purchases

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-08-02 23:25:48

Preordered Pokeymans X and Y today. Normally I'd wait until the release date, but I was curious to see what kind of preorder bonuses they give out. Which they did.

And it was a Pokeball. Not a free shiny Pokemon. Not a free regular but awesome Pokemon. Not even a collectible figure of some sort, but just a Pokeball.

FUCKING GAMESTOP EBGAMES

To be fair, it looks like it's supposed to hold games in it (and I am going to end up needing a 3DS game case).

What a lovely piece of plastic…
Does it cost extra to pre order? Or is it the same as when it first comes out?
I'm not sure where you're at Zowayix, but always hit local game shops if you can. (it's like walking into EBGames 15 years ago, but they have more!!!)

Costs the same amount to preorder barring scenarios that in retrospect are pretty likely to happen, such as the game's price going down on the actual release date.
There aren't really any "local" (inferring the intended meaning of this word is non-global franchisey) shops here in Canberra, other than that one pre-owned style games place that probably doesn't even have a website and if I went there and asked about Pokemon XY they would most likely look at me funny. ("What? Games released in the current decade? Ain't none of that shit here" or something)

I have 2 around here. They are all pretty much the pre-owned style game stores, but the ones here also buy current games from the manufacturers and sell it for the exact, if not cheaper, price as gamestop. Since we are talking about pre orders…

http://www.whompcomic.com/2013/06/17/offered-sheepishly/

Also bought some pants today, thank god.

You lived your entire life up until today without wearing any pants?

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-08-03 01:37:26

You lived your entire life up until today without wearing any pants?

XD no, but I grew out of a lot of my pants. I was down to about 3 that fit me. (a LOT of washing during the week…)

Edit: Traded my ps2 in (piece of crap ruined all my games) and got pokemon blue… seriously why are those games so expensive?

Date: 2013-08-14 08:30:58

Just ordered the complete series of Durararararararararararararararaidon'tknowhowmanyrastherearesoI'mbeingsilly, Higurashi No Whatsitscan'trememberthepropertitlehereeither, and the remastered Blurary of Ghost in the Shell. Should be a fun next few months of being an anime-obsessed lunatic.

I thought I might quote myself here just because of how true that last part has become. I just looked at my eBay purchase history and it seems I've gone off the deep end of anime fandom. I apparently purchased the first 6 or so volumes of the Higurashi manga, the soundtrack to Higurashi's second season, the soundtrack to the answer arcs to the visual novels, and my waifu in the fanservice cafe uniform.

Hey, at least I don't have one of those body pillow with anime characters on it things. [size=2pt]Yet.[/size]

EDIT: Well, shit. Now that last statement is untrue. In my defense, they had Rena in catgirl form. I couldn't not buy one. I'm only a mortal human.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-09-01 17:21:19
I bought Deep Purple's 'Fireball' album last Thursday, which I had been looking for.

Date: 2013-09-04 22:42:19

I bought Deep Purple's 'Fireball' album last Thursday, which I had been looking for.

lmao, that reminds me of a youtube comment on Steve vai's The audience is listening. It said "the real question is, can he play smoke on the water?" XD

And recent purchases:
Overly priced school book
Overly priced school book with bullshit code to the hell in a classroom known as "mymathlab"
pens
pencils
paper
Artist Trading Card Tool
Aramark Meal Plan (I work for the bastards and yet they can't cut me any slack)
College Tuition

Preordered the upcoming Kindle Paperwhite, hopefully I can get cheaper books next time.

Edit: MEGAMAN FUCKING 3 for the NES
EDIT:EDIT: Klonoa: Empire of dreams for the GBA aaaand Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament for the GBA
EDIT EDIT EDIT: Pokemon red version (this is a gift for my sis though)

Date: 2014-07-19 22:12:43
I feel like necroposting for some reason, so here's some stupid crap I've purchased in the last few weeks.

- Some kind of Gardevoir file folder
- Fork with a Pikachu on top
- K-On! bedsheets (I was drunk or something)
- Hydreigon figurine
- Two oppai mousepads
- Some more volumes of the Higurashi manga

Wasting money on eBay is fun.

Date: 2014-07-20 07:10:17
hmm lets see since last time I posted…

Gameboy color purple
Griffoleon 2 Beyblade Hasbro
Pokemon red [Gameboy] (gift for my sis)
Bomberland [wii] (Gift for my gf)
Super Monkey Ball 2 [Gamecube] (Gift for my gf)
Legend of zelda Twilight princess [wii]
2 gamecube controllers
NES lightgun
Megaman 3 [NES]
Super Mario Bros 3 [NES]
Gameshark MX [Gameboy]
Soldering iron
Steam games
Bus Gamer by Kazuya Minekura [Manga]
Super Paper Mario [Wii] (gift for my gf)

that's as much as i remember, lately all i've purchased is food for my gf and I.

Zowayix, i want to see this fork, and i want to know how much you spent on this said fork.

Date: 2014-07-20 15:29:06
A couple weeks ago I bought REM's 'Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage' compilation album.

40 songs for $10.

Awwwwww yeah.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-08-10 22:03:27
[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTA3WDUxOQ==/z/opoAAMXQlgtRpS-7/$T2eC16ZHJHkFFljZMjqKBRpS-7cQHw~~60_35.JPG[/img]

Date: 2014-08-11 15:07:01
Why.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-08-11 16:32:26
To match my Fluttershy GBA, of course.

Date: 2014-08-12 05:01:08

Zowayix, i want to see this fork, and i want to know how much you spent on this said fork.

$12.08 AUD + $3.23 postage, though by asking me you probably jinxed it which is why it hasn't shown up yet even after a month and 5 days since I purchased it. So, to avoid this happening again, I'm only going to post about things that have arrived successfully.

Starting with THE BEST MUG EVER
[img width=800]http://i.imgur.com/OJ9aO7Q.jpg[/img]

Also, this.
[img]http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/netacube/imgs/e/b/eb127ae9.jpg[/img]
Mostly a drunk purchase, but it may well turn out to be more effective than my current electric razor and I may finally be free of this stereotypical neckbeard. Who knows.

On the CD front, to be actually relevant to this topic's original intention:
- X-Treme Hard Compilation 7
- M-Project vs. DJ Sharpnel - Xtreme Warfare EP
- Bastard Pop Terrorists Vol. 17
- The Day of Hardcore Vol. 9 (the people at j-core.biz like to send me free DJ mixes with my order)
- Exit Tunes Presents Stardom 2
- Rabbit Horror 3D soundtrack (I believe the baka gaijin version is called 'Tormented', but I don't care about the actual movie behind it, I'm just here for Kenji Kawai)
- Anime House Project -some moonrunes- 2

Date: 2014-08-12 20:58:46
Zowayix, what's your poison to make you purchase this?

Date: 2014-08-13 03:05:36

Zowayix, what's your poison to make you purchase this?

Well in retrospect I was probably actually sober. But in a drunk state of mind for whatever reason, perhaps from the common cold, perhaps stress from work finally sent me insane*.

[size=5pt]*More so than usual.[/size]

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-08-13 08:19:47
I bought this game at wii shop channel recently, Freaking love it =)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/e/e3/Castlevania_The_Adventure_ReBirth_logo.jpg