Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

Recent purchases - Page 2

Re: Recent purchases

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-10 12:43:11
Just ordered the complete series of Durararararararararararararararaidon'tknowhowmanyrastherearesoI'mbeingsilly, Higurashi No Whatsitscan'trememberthepropertitlehereeither, and the remastered Blurary of Ghost in the Shell. Should be a fun next few months of being an anime-obsessed lunatic.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-06-23 14:26:22
Sold Playstation 1, broken nintendo ds lite, oddworld munch's oddyssee for the gameboy advance, bought a famitwin, extra controller, and super bomberman for the Super Nintendo.

I'm just going to put this here

Media Wish list

Wishing to sell list

Debating about selling

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-06-23 21:39:31
There was this music expo near where I live last week so I went and bought some stuff:
Sweet - The Best of Sweet
Meat Loaf - Welcome to the Neighborhood
The Wildhearts - The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed!
The Clash - Sandinista!

Later in the week, I bought RATM's The Battle of Los Angeles album and Boston's Greatest Hits.

Date: 2013-07-23 15:26:47
I bought the movies The Road Warrior and Red Heat, and a surprisingly decent licensed game for the NES (Godzilla: Monster of Monsters).

Date: 2013-07-27 22:17:04
Well…it wasn't a purchase, but I got my Legend of Legaia Disk cleaned for free at a local game shop. (thanks to coupons)

Posted by: Thanathan
Date: 2013-07-28 01:37:57
Got Terraria on Steam, some Kind of Mangas an Pokemon  Colosseum 8D

Date: 2013-07-28 02:26:52
For some reason I never realised Steam would be a valid point of discussion for this thread. Though if I mentioned every single thing I buy on Steam, I would probably end up flooding the thread. So I guess I'll just mention some highlights:

- To the Moon. See also: http://steamcommunity.com/id/zowayix/recommended/206440/. So many feels.
- Every Tomb Raider game in existence
- Gundemonium Recollection just for the arranged soundtrack (I have no intention of actually playing a bullet hell game).

And in the music category I purchased the soundtrack to Ys 1 + 2 Chronicles even though I could have just taken the music files from Steam and saved myself a few tens of dollars. I make a whole lot of sense sometimes.

Date: 2013-07-28 03:11:29
Oh I did buy something. I bought a ps1 memory card, because the dudes at the shop held and set aside my ps2 when I left it there on accident. Although it was a waste seeing that the ps2 won't read the disk even though it was cleaned….

I like steam for what it is, but I feel that old games are best played on the original consoles, except the NES frontloader if you suffer from epilepsy (seriously, games tend to flash a LOT, and that system is so bright on the t.v. screen)

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-07-28 03:26:24
I bought a Razer Megalodon headset, the better to hear you with, my dear…

And I completely missed the steam summer sales while playing modded XCom in offline mode.

Also, got my friend a copy of Fraps so we could record together, though that's more of a gift than a purchase.

Still need better editing software. I've been switching between 30 day trials and windows movie maker, and I'd like to end that cycle (running out of new trials to take advantage of…), so if anyone has good recommendation of free editing software, that'd be helpful.

Date: 2013-07-28 07:14:33

Still need better editing software. I've been switching between 30 day trials and windows movie maker, and I'd like to end that cycle (running out of new trials to take advantage of…), so if anyone has good recommendation of free editing software, that'd be helpful.

I'd recommend Kdenlive, but you seem to be an exclusively Windows user (it's only for Linux and maybe BSD at the moment from what I know).

Date: 2013-07-31 15:49:01
Had a good day today:
1. Dio - Lock Up the Wolves (been looking for this for a while)
2. Honeymoon Suite - Best of
3. The Proclaimers - Sunshine on Leith
4. All the Lethal Weapon movies.

Date: 2013-08-01 03:52:34
Preordered Pokeymans X and Y today. Normally I'd wait until the release date, but I was curious to see what kind of preorder bonuses they give out. Which they did.

And it was a Pokeball. Not a free shiny Pokemon. Not a free regular but awesome Pokemon. Not even a collectible figure of some sort, but just a Pokeball.

FUCKING GAMESTOP EBGAMES

To be fair, it looks like it's supposed to hold games in it (and I am going to end up needing a 3DS game case).

Date: 2013-08-01 16:56:24

Preordered Pokeymans X and Y today. Normally I'd wait until the release date, but I was curious to see what kind of preorder bonuses they give out. Which they did.

And it was a Pokeball. Not a free shiny Pokemon. Not a free regular but awesome Pokemon. Not even a collectible figure of some sort, but just a Pokeball.

FUCKING GAMESTOP EBGAMES

To be fair, it looks like it's supposed to hold games in it (and I am going to end up needing a 3DS game case).

What a lovely piece of plastic…
Does it cost extra to pre order? Or is it the same as when it first comes out?
I'm not sure where you're at Zowayix, but always hit local game shops if you can. (it's like walking into EBGames 15 years ago, but they have more!!!)

I purchased some non-slip shoes for work, nothing too exciting.
Whoever purchases this wins the game.

Date: 2013-08-02 03:27:52

FUCKING GAMESTOP EBGAMES

I'm not sure where you're at Zowayix, but always hit local game shops if you can. (it's like walking into EBGames 15 years ago, but they have more!!!)

Costs the same amount to preorder barring scenarios that in retrospect are pretty likely to happen, such as the game's price going down on the actual release date.
There aren't really any "local" (inferring the intended meaning of this word is non-global franchisey) shops here in Canberra, other than that one pre-owned style games place that probably doesn't even have a website and if I went there and asked about Pokemon XY they would most likely look at me funny. ("What? Games released in the current decade? Ain't none of that shit here" or something)

Date: 2013-08-02 14:25:03

FUCKING GAMESTOP EBGAMES

Costs the same amount to preorder barring scenarios that in retrospect are pretty likely to happen, such as the game's price going down on the actual release date.
There aren't really any "local" (inferring the intended meaning of this word is non-global franchisey) shops here in Canberra, other than that one pre-owned style games place that probably doesn't even have a website and if I went there and asked about Pokemon XY they would most likely look at me funny. ("What? Games released in the current decade? Ain't none of that shit here" or something)

I have 2 around here. They are all pretty much the pre-owned style game stores, but the ones here also buy current games from the manufacturers and sell it for the exact, if not cheaper, price as gamestop. Since we are talking about pre orders…

http://www.whompcomic.com/2013/06/17/offered-sheepishly/

Also bought some pants today, thank god.