Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

What operating system do you all use? - Page 5

Re: What operating system do you all use?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2008-12-19 09:49:28
I luvz t3h Ubuntu, but also have Mac OSX and Windows XP.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-12-19 11:12:10
Last time I tried Ubuntu (8.10), it was buggy and froze consistently on the laptop. Back to OpenBSD for my Unix.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-12-19 15:06:48
O_o
I have used xubuntu 7.10 or what ever the last stable release that was compatable with wubi. I couldn't get WINE to work.
I typed all the commands need for the terminal, but it didn't work XD
And I can install it again any time I want.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2008-12-19 15:56:08

Last time I tried Ubuntu (8.10), it was buggy and froze consistently on the laptop. Back to OpenBSD for my Unix.

Linux doesn't run as well on laptops.

But, for Linux, I like OpenSUSE and Gentoo Linux 2007.1.

O_o
I have used xubuntu 7.10 or what ever the last stable release that was compatable with wubi. I couldn't get WINE to work.

Seems Wubi might be causing WINE to not work, but I dunno, as I have never used Wubi before.

Date: 2008-12-19 19:51:22

But, for Linux, I like OpenSUSE and Gentoo Linux 2007.1.

O_o

Seems Wubi might be causing WINE to not work, but I dunno, as I have never used Wubi before.

WINE should work in wubi…
mayby it's because I'm on a laptop :P

Date: 2008-12-19 20:53:47
My laptop doesn't have problems…

Date: 2008-12-19 21:41:27

Maybe so, but Slax (a liveCD distro, granted) has always run smoothly on this computer.

Date: 2008-12-23 18:16:24

See, Microsoft makes laptop manufacturers make them in a way that'll only mostly work for Windows, and not for other operating systems, I believe.

Date: 2008-12-23 19:37:14

See, Microsoft makes laptop manufacturers make them in a way that'll only mostly work for Windows, and not for other operating systems, I believe.

Don?t be silly. Yes, Microsoft does use its influence like that in some cases, but that?s the exception rather than the rule, and it definitely happens a lot more with desktops than laptops.

In any case, this problem is with Ubuntu and not Unixes in general.[1] Probably a regression of some sort.

Date: 2008-12-24 01:28:30
Also, dell can have ubuntu preinstalled on there PCs

Date: 2008-12-25 04:11:20

Don?t be silly. Yes, Microsoft does use its influence like that in some cases, but that?s the exception rather than the rule, and it definitely happens a lot more with desktops than laptops.

In any case, this problem is with Ubuntu and not Unixes in general.[1] Probably a regression of some sort.

Ah… probably you're right, but I just read it somewhere a while ago.

Posted by: wesnr
Date: 2008-12-29 02:38:16
I'm Starting To Really Like Vista ALOT And I Also Love BackTrack 3 Which Is a Linux Distro [size=1]That I Use For Wireless Hacking xD[/size]

Date: 2008-12-31 10:06:22

I'm Starting To Really Like Vista ALOT

AHHHH!!!!  Who poisoned your mind???

Posted by: wesnr
Date: 2008-12-31 20:16:02
It's Really Nice….It's Just People Say A Lot Of Bad things About It That Aren't True

Date: 2008-12-31 20:21:05
Yes they are.  And Please Stop Capitalizing Every Single Word, It Gets Annoying.