Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Annoying problem - Page 2

Re: Annoying problem

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-03-01 11:18:11
Try this:

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-03-01 12:45:29
Hmm, command has been coming up about either after or before I put Spybot, on there to rid of any spyware Avast, can't pick up.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-03-12 13:41:59
Try avira personal

Date: 2009-03-12 19:01:44
I've tried it, and I can't just buy an anti-virus, without any money. I'm fine with avast.

Date: 2009-03-14 00:03:19
Avira personal is free FYI.

Date: 2009-03-14 02:26:53
There's no virus in my Drive C. I've done a scan there, nothing is found.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-03-14 14:11:03

Try this:
    [li]Start → Run ?regedt32?[/li]
    [li]Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce[/li]
    [li]Remove the entry that looks most like ?: REG_SZ : command /c del "C:\Program Files\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\A2HIGHIN.EXE?[/li]

I can't, the virus is smart. it disables all the registries. I could after I renable it in it with spybot. unfortunately in the registry some of the viruses hide in directories that are invisible.

Date: 2009-03-14 14:29:38

Try this:
    [li]Start → Run “regedt32”[/li]
    [li]Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce[/li]
    [li]Remove the entry that looks most like “: REG_SZ : command /c del "C:\Program Files\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\A2HIGHIN.EXE”[/li]

I can't, the virus is smart. it disables all the registries. I could after I renable it in it with spybot. unfortunately in the registry some of the viruses hide in directories that are invisible.

You have a rootkit.

Try booting in safemode.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-03-14 15:40:29

Try this:
    [li]Start → Run ?regedt32?[/li]
    [li]Remove the entry that looks most like ?: REG_SZ : command /c del "C:\Program Files\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\A2HIGHIN.EXE?[/li]

I think you?re in the wrong thread.

Posted by: wesnr
Date: 2009-03-14 19:12:13

Hmm, command has been coming up about either after or before I put Spybot, on there to rid of any spyware Avast, can't pick up.
That's Your Issue, SpyBot Uses CMD.exe Or COMMAND.COM To Update Or Something And Most Of The Time Fails At Doing What Ever It Needs To.
So I Suggest Uninstalling SB: S&D And Seeing If It Comes Up Again

Date: 2009-03-14 19:24:27
I've never had problems with Spybot, in the past and the one I've downloaded should be fine with Windows Vista.

Date: 2009-03-14 19:25:14
Trust Me The Same Thing Happened On My Cousins Computer When I Installed SB: S&D

Date: 2009-03-14 19:26:57

I've never had problems with Spybot, in the past and the one I've downloaded should be fine with Windows Vista.
Told ya Blaster.A
He didn't act exactly like I said he would…
But anyway, you btter belive him, because he's right.

Date: 2009-03-14 22:15:07
I hope you're not on about me, I'm a girl. Spybot, is helpful. Avast may not detect some malware, as some of it comes from Microsoft Lookout, which I don't have.

Date: 2009-03-14 23:33:59
I'm Pretty Sure Uninstalling SpyBot Will Fix Your Problem…You Should Get SuperAnti-Spyware It's Very Good At Finding a Lot Of Things