Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

2.0 Final: When? Also, will ranks and badges return? - Page 3

Re: 2.0 Final: When? Also, will ranks and badges return?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-17 15:02:44
He was here, he requested his account to be deleted sometime in early spring/summer 2007.

He was on #trsrockin until the whole channel had what can only be described as a massive orgy and then later he walled off the channel and left IRC.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-17 16:06:46
Again, I'm with Abwayax's idea, as they're fair and easy to understand. even a bit easier for me to understand yet I have very bad learning disablities.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-17 17:32:38

Fixed.

4 kyu (white belt): Member.  No access to Forum Games, RPs, or the Exclusive Board.
3 kyu (yellow): Member First Class.  Access to Forum Games and RPs.
2 kyu (brown): Member+ Candidate.  Trusted on the Wiki.
1 kyu (green): Member+.  Access to Exclusive Board.  Wiki QC agent.

1 dan (black): Distinguished Member.
2 dan (black w/ green stripe): Local Mod.
3 dan (black w/ blue stripe): Global Mod.
4 dan (black w/ red stripe): Admin.
5 dan (black w/ gold stripe): Member Emeritus.  Retired users only.
6 dan (black w/ 2 gold stripes): Grand Master of Mojido (Way of the Glitch).  Forum owner only.

Stripes on all black belts (2 to 5 dan) are vertical.

Ranks are given to users by the YES vote of a majority of members of that rank.

Admins (4 dan) can give that rank to others if and only if there is a unanimous YES vote among Admins.

The Member Emeritus rank (5 dan) is awarded to a retired member if and only if both following requirements are met within 30 days:

* Retiree is Member First Class (3 kyu) or higher.
* A majority of black belts (1 to 4 dan and any visiting 5 dan) vote YES.

Well, I guess Yuzi and Sorreah are secretly "Member+ First Class" already. Pime taradox

Yuzihax is a 4 dan and Sorreah is I don't know what.  They can be promoted to Member Emeritus if and only if a majority of black belts vote YES within 30 days.

By the way, what happened to Izwyzx (sp?)  I remember seeing them a couple times on Prof. Glitch's Labs (long before I had registered) and then never again.

I'm against it, this is not a karate website.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-04-17 20:19:10

It's a nice idea. I'd like for ranks to come back, but postcount ranks encourage speedy "me too" posts and not intelligent responses.

The Grand Master likes it.  That means all of glitchdom likes it.

Also, we could give tests to go up in rank, from a simple test for 3 kyu all the way to a 200+ question pencil burner for Admin.

Date: 2009-04-17 20:42:52
You do realise he's not saying that about your karate rank system but your idea about ranks in that post right?

But as you said before, you read what you want to read and are a close minded ass.

Also:

he probably reads "Have my Gardevoirs" in every post

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-17 20:43:39
Shinji, no one is interested. I'm stucking with Abwayax's ranks. Sorry, I just laughed at that. But again, no one gives a shit about Shinji's ranks.

Date: 2009-04-18 12:08:21

It's a nice idea. I'd like for ranks to come back, but postcount ranks encourage speedy "me too" posts and not intelligent responses.

The Grand Master likes it.  That means all of glitchdom likes it.

We can dissagree, as we have rights too.
I'm with Abwayax's idea.

Date: 2009-05-26 00:14:45
I had a better idea:

Old Rank: New Grade.  Insignium.  Rights, if any.

—Failure Turtles—
Banned: Dishonorably Discharged.  A hole in your shirt and a boot to the head.  GTFO.
Burninated: Court-Martialed.  Nothing.  You're this close to complete and epic failure.

—Enlisted Grades—
GCLF User (<50 posts): Private.  One stripe.  You start here.
GCLF User (50+ posts): Corporal.  One chevron.  FC/RP access.
None: Sergeant.  Two chevrons.  Trusted on the wiki.
None: Master Sergeant.  Three chevrons.  Wiki QC agent.
Member+: Command Master Sergeant.  Three chevrons over a MissingNo.  You can post in the Exclusive Board.

—Commissioned Officers—
None: Officer Cadet.  One gold bar.  You can apply to staff.
Local Moderator: Commander.  One silver bar.  You can change anything in your board(s).  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Local Moderator: Major.  Two silver bars.  You can change anything in your board(s).  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Global Moderator: Colonel.  Two glitchy bars.  You can change anything in any board.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Global Moderator: Lieutenant General.  One star.  You can change anything in any board.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Administrator: Major General.  Two stars.  You can change anything.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Administrator: Brigadier General.  Three stars.  You can change anything.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Head Admin: General.  Four stars.  You can change anything.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Forum owner: General of the Army.  Five glitchy stars in an inverted pentagon shape.  You can change anything.

—Retired—
Departed user: Honorably Discharged in addition to last held grade.
Distinguished Member: Retired in addition to last held grade.
Distinguished Member (only the best): Glitchy Heart Recipient in addition to last held grade.

—Special—
Decamark Researcher: Intelligence Officer in addition to normal grade.
Decamark Researcher+: Intelligence Officer, 1st Class in addition to normal grade.
Crash and Burn: Weapons Development in addition to normal grade.
Oldbie: One gold (<3 yrs) or glitchy (3+ yrs) stripe for every 6 months of service.

Date: 2009-05-26 14:26:07

I had a better idea:

Old Rank: New Grade.  Insignium.  Rights, if any.

—Failure Turtles—
Banned: Dishonorably Discharged.  A hole in your shirt and a boot to the head.  GTFO.
Burninated: Court-Martialed.  Nothing.  You're this close to complete and epic failure.

—Enlisted Grades—
GCLF User (<50 posts): Private.  One stripe.  You start here.
GCLF User (50+ posts): Corporal.  One chevron.  FC/RP access.
None: Sergeant.  Two chevrons.  Trusted on the wiki.
None: Master Sergeant.  Three chevrons.  Wiki QC agent.
Member+: Command Master Sergeant.  Three chevrons over a MissingNo.  You can post in the Exclusive Board.

—Commissioned Officers—
None: Officer Cadet.  One gold bar.  You can apply to staff.
Local Moderator: Commander.  One silver bar.  You can change anything in your board(s).  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Local Moderator: Major.  Two silver bars.  You can change anything in your board(s).  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Global Moderator: Colonel.  Two glitchy bars.  You can change anything in any board.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Global Moderator: Lieutenant General.  One star.  You can change anything in any board.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Administrator: Major General.  Two stars.  You can change anything.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Administrator: Brigadier General.  Three stars.  You can change anything.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Head Admin: General.  Four stars.  You can change anything.  You cannot reverse the work of a higher grade.
Forum owner: General of the Army.  Five glitchy stars in an inverted pentagon shape.  You can change anything.

—Retired—
Departed user: Honorably Discharged in addition to last held grade.
Distinguished Member: Retired in addition to last held grade.
Distinguished Member (only the best): Glitchy Heart Recipient in addition to last held grade.

—Special—
Decamark Researcher: Intelligence Officer in addition to normal grade.
Decamark Researcher+: Intelligence Officer, 1st Class in addition to normal grade.
Crash and Burn: Weapons Development in addition to normal grade.
Oldbie: One gold (<3 yrs) or glitchy (3+ yrs) stripe for every 6 months of service.

We're not running an army here……
Still with Abwayax's idea.

Date: 2009-05-26 14:34:53
Abwayax idea's still better.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-05-26 14:43:09
@Shinji: While it is a very intricate system with many fine details, I feel the ranks are a bit redundant and would amount to a ludicrous amount of staff just to have one in each of those ranks.

Date: 2009-05-26 21:45:31

@Shinji: While it is a very intricate system with many fine details, I feel the ranks are a bit redundant and would amount to a ludicrous amount of staff just to have one in each of those ranks.

I Ditto that.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-27 23:45:03
Yeah, lets not change it, Abwayaxes idea(mine also..) is great and shouldnt be changed… Any news on 2.0?

Date: 2009-05-28 11:27:51
SMF 2.0 RC1-1 came out.  That's about it.

Date: 2009-05-28 12:26:47
Note to Abwayax: UPGRADE!  For great justice!