Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Updating the wiki and its future - Page 2

Re: Updating the wiki and its future

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-26 19:14:38

Another thing I don't really like are the speedrunner glitches. The category doesn't have much purpose, and it's also arbitrary on what a "speedrunning glitch" is (don't get me started on the "Catch 'em All Speedrun") so I say that we should move the pages in the category to the Major/Minor Glitches.

Good point.

Same with those. What defines a "Major" Glitch and a "Minor" Glitch?

I will try to come up with some sort of solution. The next thing I'm planning to do is combine the Mew Trick and Ditto Trick page to create a "Trainer escape glitch" page and add more information, so I'll work on forming some sort of rule for categories of glitches after that.

Fun fact: The Trainer-Fly glitch is known in Japanese on Legendary Star Blob as the 'Special Encounter glitch' (Japanese: とく). That's actually a pretty good name for it, just that the talking to trade NPCs thing messes that name up, plus you don't always get a Special encounter if the last text box wasn't the start menu and you can work the glitch so you encounter an undefeated Trainer from the place you return to, not a Special stat Pokémon/Trainer.

If you don't have Red/Blue ones, I could use Bulbapedia as it has English Red/Blue glitch Pokémon sprites, though a few are wrong

yeah, but i could just gather all the English Red/Blue sprites aswell.
And Since i initially just assumed Bulbapedia had the right sprites already, I feel like checking all of them myself just to be sure that GlitchCityLaboraiories are using the sprites like they are supposed to be displayed.
And this time it won't take as long to do like the japanese sprites since now i just have to compare and see which of the bulbapedia sprites is correct already. =)

Yeah, please do that. I'd appreciate it. Sorry for not replying right away.

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2014-05-28 11:15:12
Outside of updating the Wiki, I have a question regarding the 'Interactive Tools' section on the sidebar. None of them seem to be working anymore.
I know HTML/JavaScript on a fairly decent level, and I could recreate these tools, as well as create some new ones. Should I do it, would it be of any use to someone?

Date: 2014-05-30 12:08:36

Outside of updating the Wiki, I have a question regarding the 'Interactive Tools' section on the sidebar. None of them seem to be working anymore.
I know HTML/JavaScript on a fairly decent level, and I could recreate these tools, as well as create some new ones. Should I do it, would it be of any use to someone?

That would be useful, but I suggest maybe you should email Abwayax for permission first, in case he still has the code and just hasn't re-implemented the old tools on to the site.

I have no problem with you making new tools. Go for it, if you like and I will put them on the sidebar.

Newest update: Coin Case glitches.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-30 17:17:34
I know that there are a few other things that probably would be worth having tools for - A GameShark code generator and a GameGenie code generator. 

For reference, I guess, I will add info on GameShark codes in this post, and you can read the specifics of GameGenie codes on this page.

GameShark format: BBVVYYXX, where BB is the bank, usually 01 (I don't know the details of this), VV is the value, and XXYY (note the order swap) is the address. 

EDIT: I just noticed something else: The sections for mew glitch and ditto trick aren't actually linked to the subsection.  The links should go to here and here.

Date: 2014-05-31 09:19:26
OK. Replaced with redirects. Anchors on the sidebar didn't work for some reason.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-05-31 10:39:00
Made some changes to Trainer escape glitch page.

Also, removing Snorlax doesn't require Fly or access to Lavender Town. There's a long range trainer on Route 6 and Teleport can be used.

Date: 2014-05-31 16:24:02
One of the next major updates is Evolve with an evolutionary stone. I added all the stone/item glitch Pokémon evolutions that echinodermata found. Though at least one works, I will have to verify all of them at one point. Plus due to some of them happening at levels over 100, certain evolutions may be impossible without the Pokémon being an unstable hybrid (i.e. donor byte controls the experience cap, recipient byte controls the level calculation), but being an unstable hybrid doesn't necessarily mean you can grow to a certain level.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-05-31 23:22:00
Suggestion: make the glitchmon cries stop autoplaying, or remove them entirely. >x<

Date: 2014-06-01 03:51:54
The attack stage can also be rose to 8 through the use of an X Attack or rose up to 9 through Swords Dance.

You can let the Ditto use Swords Dance to raise the attack stage to 13. 8, 10 and 12 can be achieved by Growl.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-06-01 10:05:16
For whatever reason, when on the forums the "Reference Documents" section merges with "Unused Content and Prerelease Information".  The latter's header dissapears.  It reapears when on the wiki. 

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-06-08 12:04:23

If you don't have Red/Blue ones, I could use Bulbapedia as it has English Red/Blue glitch Pokémon sprites, though a few are wrong

I Checked every glitch pokemon (Dec BF-FF) on Red and Blue and i fixed some mistakes that are present on some of the sprites that bulbapedia is using,
Do you need them aswell? cause i can send a link. =)

Date: 2014-06-08 13:15:59
Note that some sprites locate on the RAM and aren't constant.

Date: 2014-06-08 14:19:48

I Checked every glitch pokemon (Dec BF-FF) on Red and Blue and i fixed some mistakes that are present on some of the sprites that bulbapedia is using,

Yes please, that would be great.

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-06-09 09:41:46

Yes please, that would be great.

OK here is the Link: <OUTDATED LINK>

Also, I have a question aswell:

So if we are improveing the GlitchDex, is it possible to have every version of every GlitchPokémon on the list; like the English, Japanese, Frensh, Spanish and German version?

Cause there's still alot of neat things to be found in allt the other versions (language wise) of Generation 1 GlitchPokémon that I can't find being covered ever before on any other site.

Date: 2014-06-09 10:45:42
Thanks. This is really handy :).

That sounds like a good idea, but it would take ages to collect and submit all of the data. I suggest it shouldn't be on GlitchDex, but rather a page like JPGlitchDex or ESGlitchDex then say A (hex:00) could go under JPGlitchDex/RG:000.

I really think that the GlitchDex should be wikified.