Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Updating the wiki and its future - Page 3

Re: Updating the wiki and its future

Posted by: hpoké_coloradohugge
Date: 2014-06-09 16:47:33

Thanks. This is really handy :).

That sounds like a good idea, but it would take ages to collect and submit all of the data. I suggest it shouldn't be on GlitchDex, but rather a page like JPGlitchDex or ESGlitchDex then say A (hex:00) could go under JPGlitchDex/RG:000.

I really think that the GlitchDex should be wikified.

Sound's like a great idea, We could atleast start by submitting all the sprites and names, just as a start. and maybe focus on stats and other differences later when the English Glitchdex is looking more or less finished…idk, But still great idea with the separation! =)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-18 13:49:59
Is the battle Barry every day glitch fake? I tried it in Platinum via the midnight exploit from Sunday to Monday, and Barry said "Oh, it's you, (NAME). Did you battle with everyone? Don't you think it's kind of cool, though? When people talk about Pokémon, they all start smiling!" instead of his post-battle text or battling again.

It's possible that the glitch only works on Diamond/Pearl or is fake.

Edit: It's real. Bulbapedia actually mention it not working in Platinum, but not in detail.

In Platinum, Barry is intended to stay at the Survival Area outside of Saturday or Sunday, where he will say something like the text mentioned above instead of battling you. In Diamond and Pearl though, he's only supposed to be at the Fight Area on Saturday or Sunday. If the time rolls over midnight so it's Monday-Friday Barry will stay (changing the DS date directly doesn't count) and may battle you again, but it's apparent he isn't supposed to. If you reload the actual Fight Area map (via warp, Fly, Explorer Kit) on one of those days Barry will disappear.

The results of the Explorer Kit effects hinted at a new glitch, and it works. If you wait until the next day when the next day would be a Saturday or Sunday, happen to be in Barry's position, use the Explorer Kit and resurface you will be standing on top of Barry. You can just walk off him though.

Date: 2014-08-10 09:25:24
Okay. so, here are some sprites of glitch pokémon, And alot of mistakes that bulbapedia made is fixed with some sprites; like for example how #FA [ http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_(FA) ] sprite is wrong on their site. :

RED/BLUE:                  <OUTDATED LINK>
YELLOW:                    <OUTDATED LINK>
RED/GREEN (jap):      <OUTDATED LINK>
(jap yellow): <OUTDATED LINK>

[if you see some questionmarks as sprites on some pokémon is cause i wasn't able to see their sprite.]

I am currently documenting all the sprites for the spanish RBY. And after that im going to get all the French, German & Italian sprites.

Date: 2014-08-11 15:19:24
Thanks. I really appreciate this. Good luck on doing the other localizations!

Date: 2014-08-16 09:12:35
Ok, so I know like it seems like im just reposting the same links everytime, but this time it's completely new links and i even went so far to modify ALL my other replys to this topic so the old links are removed, the reason i did this is cause I fixed some sprites and some sprites was missing so i added those aswell

ANYWAYS: Im now done with the English RBY, Japanese RGY & the Spanish RBY and i will put all the links down here:

RED/BLUE: <OUTDATED LINK>
YELLOW: <OUTDATED LINK>
RED/GREEN: <OUTDATED LINK>
YELLOWjap: <OUTDATED LINK>
ROJA/AZL: <OUTDATED LINK>
AMARILLA: <OUTDATED LINK>

And, Now i'll start with the German versions. =)

Date: 2014-08-16 17:40:47
Cool. I need to download these. When you're completely done, can you put all of the sprites in a RAR or ZIP folder, please?

Date: 2015-06-21 11:10:59
Okay, i've been inactive for almost a year now and im finally getting back to some pokémon glitch hunting.
so im thinking about finally finishing all the sprites of foreign glitch pokémon.

The games i have left to get the sprites for are:

German Yellow, French Red/Blue, French Yellow, Italian Red/Blue, Italian Yellow

after that, the sprite collection is finished.

Im thinking about makeing a personal goal to actually finish this during this summer, so looking forward to that! =)

Date: 2015-06-23 06:11:10
OK. Cheers. Good luck and have fun! :)