Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

Missing? NO!'s sprite shop *in progess* - Page 2

Re: Missing? NO!'s recolors

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-02 17:49:45

Why don't you try 3Ds? I'm not sure if you remember the 3D Rayquaza, I did. I make a Shiny Version of it. Ugh, I'll have to remake some of my sprites, as lot of them have wings on them.

I vaguely remember it.

Statue Mr. Mime (BEST YET)
[attachment=1]

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-05-02 17:57:40
That is impressive, Missing. Nice job. I've finally fixed the shading troubles, on my Demons. I'm just finishing one. If you want I'll attach the 3D Rayquaza. (Shiny).

Date: 2009-05-02 21:28:11

That is impressive, Missing. Nice job. I've finally fixed the shading troubles, on my Demons. I'm just finishing one. If you want I'll attach the 3D Rayquaza. (Shiny).

Cool, thanks.

Date: 2009-05-03 09:32:19
The mirror one, is a bit…difficult. Since I have to create a dark-shaded Pokemon, then add a light version, and turn it upside down, to make it look like the Pokemon is standing on ice. I have the two, Demon and Black and Gold, sorted.

Date: 2009-05-03 10:20:14

[color=redThe mirror one, is a bit…difficult. Since I have to create a dark-shaded Pokemon, then add a light version, and turn it upside down, to make it look like the Pokemon is standing on ice. I have the two, Demon and Black and Gold, sorted.

Thanks, I have them downloaded.
How do you make 3D sprites?

Date: 2009-05-03 10:24:34
Pick a sprite, then use Pick A Color, and go to that shade of the Pokemon, then go over the outline. Here, I made this last night.

Date: 2009-05-03 10:25:23

Pick a sprite, then use Pick A Color, and go to that shade of the Pokemon, then go over the outline. Here, I made this last night.

Thanks for the tutorial.

Date: 2009-05-03 10:27:13
You're welcome. I don't know why you'd want to learn from this not so good old spriter. There are people out there better than me.

Date: 2009-05-03 11:32:09

You're welcome. I don't know why you'd want to learn from this not so good old spriter. There are people out there better than me.

You're just being modest.

EDIT: I'm working on a 3D sprite right now, it should be done by today.

Date: 2009-05-03 13:27:42
First 3D attempt.

[attachment=1]

Date: 2009-05-03 13:44:55
Not bad, but remember to around the leaves.

Date: 2009-05-03 20:20:26

Not bad, but remember to around the leaves.

I couldn't find the correct shading that would look right.

Re: Missing? NO!'s sprite shop *in progess*

Date: 2009-05-03 22:53:45
Missing, I use the colors on the sprite to create the 3D. I don't use other colors, I follow the light/dark shade of that Pokemon then I go over the outline of the sprite.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-04 15:01:54

on the sprite

He knows that. :\

Date: 2009-05-04 17:36:59

on the sprite

There were too many cross patterns near the leaves for me to figure out what one to use.