Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

Kira's Sprite Thread (Open, and no scratching requests) - Page 9

Re: Random Sprite Shop (Revamps/Recolors/Demons/Ice, etc).

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-02-21 11:10:18
Hmm…I think you need to use a different shade of white…

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2010-02-21 11:32:54
It's mean to be that way but it took me ages to find the whites since I used most of them from my Candy Canes but lighter.

*Sighs* After hunting around my file, I've made edits of the sprites. I might get more when GIMP isn't freezing on it start up, and my Vista being a total jackass when I load any of my files (they tend to "crash" because Vista is an ass).

[IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/KrystalDragonSin/YellowMarowakrevampedit.png[/img]
[IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/KrystalDragonSin/RBMarowakrevampedit.png[/img]

Date: 2010-02-21 12:43:47
I didn't mean anything mean about it. I was just implying that on the previous ones, all I could see was the eyes…

Date: 2010-02-21 12:46:25
Is it me or am I the only one who can see the lighter shades? I have bad eyes and I can still see them. I'm growing either near-sighted, because I can't see past my bedroom door. While Vista is behaving itself, I'm going to try another revamp when it doesn't keep moving to my file when I'm typing. Also I made these recolors a few weeks back, never posted them.

Lopunny as Mismagius (Mismagius is my favorite Ghost Pokemon).
[IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/KrystalDragonSin/LopunnyasMismagius.png[/img]

Swellow as Honchkrow
[IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/KrystalDragonSin/SwellowasHonchkrow.png[/img]

I know this one isn't perfect, but it's taken me an hour to put this one together. I did the best I could.

[IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/KrystalDragonSin/RBBlastoiserevamp.png[/img]

Yeah, uh this one drove me mad to complete. It isn't too bad, but it's an ugly fucker either way.

[IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/KrystalDragonSin/RBVenusaurrevamp.png[/img]

Date: 2010-02-22 07:31:40
Sigh, more revamps from me as soon as Vista stops crashing everything.

Date: 2010-02-22 18:27:54
Geez, all these revamps are making me think of the old days in my childhood…*eyes tearing*

Date: 2010-02-22 19:31:39
Well, I made this one, but haven't had the motivation to make more. Sadly I couldn't do much with this one, since the body had hardly any other shades.

[IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/KrystalDragonSin/RBPoliwrathrevamp.png[/img]

Date: 2010-02-22 20:03:41
Lulz. The R/B sprite for Poliwrath makes it look like it's trying to be a Power Ranger. (The sprite itsef, not the re-color)

Date: 2010-02-22 20:09:48
:XD: So it does. I found it such a pain in the ass as it has so little shades.

Date: 2010-02-24 09:51:18
Okay, my motivation levels are through the floor, as my family and myself are going through a hard time, as on Sunday would of been my brother's 30th birthday, so I'm struggling to keep myself active (well my mind active so I don't feel like I do), to keep my mind off the four days that remain, so all I have for support this year is my family, as none of my friend's can't be on the day for me, as they're busy, so another rough year. I might get another revamp under way.

[IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/KrystalDragonSin/RBNidokingrevamp.png[/img]

Post Edit: I have a lot of bad news. My laptop has suffered some sort of a major problem and I had no choice but to do a System Recovery, so all my personal data has been lost, (spites, music, pictures, videos, links), everything I had is gone. I asked for help with the Update problem, and I never got any, so when I restarted my laptop it wouldn't start up I had a blue screen of death (couldn't get the code/cause of error it went off quickly), as I couldn't even get into Safe Mode, so suffered two/three blue screens of death, and was left with no choice but to do a System Recovery, so I may not be able to sprite for quite sometime.

Re: Random Sprite Shop (Not Accpeting Requests At This Time. Sorry guys.).

Date: 2010-02-24 18:49:33
I'm sorry to hear that.
I had to go through a System Recovery myself last year.

Date: 2010-02-24 20:58:58
*Sighs* All my personal stuff is gone, even my ROMs where I'd gotten the Lucario Rank on Mystery Dungeon. Most of my stuff is still left on my parent's computer, (but most of my stuff had been updated, where I managed to save a few things but not much of it). I knew this would happen, I asked for help, my problem grew bad, and left me with nothing. I hate Vista so damn much. My cousin is coming Saturday, so I'll see if he can turn my laptop to Windows XP, and see if he can revive my PC so I can get my Dead Space Original Soundtrack music, but lost Siren: Forbidden Sire, Parasite Eve movies. I don't know when I'll be spriting again, (I've lost my HGSS sprites and HGSS Trainers). After the restore, Windows Defender returns, Windows Update works. Before my problem grew like it did, a few hours ago, that I couldn't get to the Microsoft website, where I would keep getting "Cannot find server"/Problem Loading Page, but I think I can get there now. I am very disapointed for what's happened, as I knew I'd get a blue screen of death with Vista, but I did. I tried to run Windows - it restarted/blue screen of death, tried Safe Mode - blue screen of death. So, at the moment I have no music (which is rather boring), and nothing to do.

Date: 2010-02-24 21:08:32
I see…but you're making a wise choice by going with XP.

Date: 2010-02-24 21:17:27
I haven't got a choice. My computer is XP (which is dead), and a laptop with hardly anything left, from the fact Vista is shit, and I had no choice as my laptop had Vista as the operating system, and now I've painfully made a hard choice, either lose everything, or let it end up like my computer. If anyone has requests, feel free to leave them as like a queue list, until I get most of my stuff back. Took me two days to complete my Silent Hill Soundtracks, I don't think I can get the Fan Soundtracks anymore. I feel like a part of me has been…removed. Ugh, at the moment to keep myself "entertained", is re-downloading Silent Hill's first soundtrack (already have the whole lot on my parent's computer, but I'm too disappointed/tired to sit there for hours sending stuff over. The thing is, if my PC was alive, I would of used that Easy Transfer (on Vista, it allows you to send everything to the current system to another system) without losing anything, but I didn't risk it with my parent's computer as I didn't want to "taint" their computer, where I'm sure I had Conficker (couldn't find it anywhere, but would explain why Windows Defender was offline and the Updates not working at that time). Yeah, so feel free to leave any requests, and when I get some of my sprites back, I'll try and get on the request(s).

Note: I stil create Trainer Cards, just haven't had the ideas to make any, but again leave any requests anyone has, and I'll get the sprites/cards done when I can get to my old files on my parents computer.

Date: 2010-02-28 22:09:57
Okay, a bit of news, when my cousin returns from his trip to America, he's going to bring back my PC, and get him to turn both (if not already turned it into Windows 7) to do the same with my laptop as after the very heavy loss, as he said since my laptop is Vista Home Basic, it didn't have an option to be able to back-up my stuff before the virus really did some damage, so when he returns, and backs-up all my shit (so if I lose 'em again, I'll have them on CD), I should be able to sprite again. Trainer Cards I still make, but might take a while for me to get back into spiting as the loss of my data has left me feeling useless for not knowing how to get Windows Updates to work at that time (they're working now since the recovery), but I can sprite but my parent's PC is dead slow, and if Chaos you have a request feel free to post it, I might be able to create the sprite on my parent's PC (most of my sprites are still there, well from my old laptop not this one, and as for Trainer Cards, is a maybe if I can create one), so a little bit of good news, so when he returns, I should be back on track (hopefully).