Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

new hack!: Pokemon Amethyst version - Page 1

new hack!: Pokemon Amethyst version

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-04-01 15:27:57
i am currently working on making a  pokemon ruby game hack. it will be based on the PokemonXD gale of darkness game, but gameboy style! there will also be 4 gyms and an Orre league along with routes between cities. i started editing the map today, later i will probably want you GCL members to help with a few things (like drawing trainer sprites or editing items or whatever). its gonna be one of the best ruby hacks when its done!!!

Re: new hack!: Pokemon Amethyst version

Date: 2007-04-02 14:13:24
okay, i know of one thing that i surely need help with. i need somebody to help with graphics drawing, cause i suck at that (the villians of the game). this includes overworld as well as trainer battle sprites. PM me if anybody wants to do that!

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-04-02 20:43:59
Hmmmm………i suck at that too,ide like to help,is it ok if i could use someone else's villian Pic's

PS:i will ask for permission of the Owner of the pic's if your ok with it ^.^

Date: 2007-04-03 13:50:11
yes, please do! i happen to have a few pics i got from ask.com, but i still have some people pics i cant find. i will send you a personnal message with further detail

(to papa doc: you might want to get elitemap from the helmeted rodent website) (i cant attach all the files at once)

Date: 2007-04-03 21:21:05
ok i reaplied to your message,do you want villain pic's from XD gale of darkness,or do you just want any Pok?mon villain pic's?

PS:i can problaby make my own.

Date: 2007-04-03 21:45:21
all of the XD villians only. (plus others like kaminkos aide chobin, and pre gym leader justy). the list is on the first PM i sent you. whew, this hacking is harder than i thought, there are lots of numbers, my head burns! i am trying to make sense of the data shown on elitemap on the right side of the page when viewing a special tile (such as people, exits, signs ect). i wish there was a book titled "pokemon game hacking for dummies", it would be just the book for me!

Date: 2007-04-03 21:47:12
damn,lol ill try to get them done ;)

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-04-04 07:35:52
Hasn't someone already made an Amethest version?
Just a little thing, if you make it worldwide hit it doesn't want to clash with someone elses…

Date: 2007-04-04 19:46:43
i looked at a lot of sites, but didnt find any other hacks like this one. anyways………NEEDED JOB #2: since i cant make signs/people/items ect… cause i dont know how to edit special tiles, i was wondering if somebody could write me a guide on how to do that in elitemap (and teach me what some of the freakn code numbers mean). i can handle it if i just knew how…………

Date: 2007-04-05 21:33:25
ok blue,send me the pics you want me to get done.

PS:my e-amil,or byt PM ;)

Date: 2007-04-07 15:49:51
i dont have any available right now, sorry bout' that. anyways im experiencing some technical difficulty with my hack. i have been resetting the level connections so that the layout is like the Orre region, but somehow some of the maps became unaccessible. it keeps saying "invalid property value" when i load certain areas. it is VERY IMPORTANT that this problem is fixed because i need to edit the maps from ruby to make them look like the areas in Orre. i need somebody who is smart with hacking or computers, like maybe Newo or Abwayax? i will send a PM with further details to anybody who can help. :)

Posted by: dmrlev2004
Date: 2007-04-15 14:38:34
i want to help… exept i've only played pokemon xd once

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-04-15 16:34:38
I can sprite some charaters for you =]
just tell me who and such

Date: 2007-04-16 14:41:48
hmmm……oh, i know what you can do syboxez, if you know how, i think i will need somebody to do some rubikon script editing for me. i understand a LITTLE bit but it is mostly lots of text i cant understand @@
(swirly eyes). example: when you are asked to choose a pokemon, i want to have only one ball to choose: Eevee  (because its the starter from xd). script editing needs to be done to make events appear in the game (like jovi goes missing in the beginning of hack).  and SCared fir3, papa doc wanted to do sprites, but he says he needs pics and cant find any. so if you know what they look like then sure! most of the people i need are villians from XD.                               

Date: 2007-04-23 22:06:41
to SCared_fir3: here is some pics to help with the spritemaking!