Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

new hack!: Pokemon Amethyst version - Page 3

Re: new hack!: Pokemon Amethyst version

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-06-01 21:15:50
uh i tried D:

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-06-01 21:21:23
thats okay, i have a friend who loves editing sprites so, i bet we can fine tune all the sprites when you are done. try to make the other characters too.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-06-01 21:24:57
mmmkay :}

Date: 2007-06-03 18:59:11
oh yeah, hahaha!!!!!!!!!! i finally figured out how to attach a file: convert it to ips! now, to SCared fir3, simply download a pokemon ruby rom, and attach the ips! then get elitemap and you can add the trainers to the game with the P.E.T. tool!

PS: here is the ips patch creator: its very useful for getting this website to upload large files like a ROM!!!!!

Date: 2007-06-19 16:00:32
so umm…..is there anybody who knows how to script? ???

Posted by: pokeking_7_7
Date: 2007-06-24 03:52:04
Quick question what does script mean.

If it means text then use…..

Drumroll please…. Atext/Advancetext.

Date: 2007-07-02 17:26:47
scripting is editing events in the game using a program like scripted from elitemap. however it uses lots of odd commands that the computer can read as instructions on what that event does in the game. person that gives an item, a gym leader that battles you and gives you a badge when you win, the scene right after you beat the champion, signs, trainer battles, ect…. there are some people who have studied the computer commands and can make their own events happen in their ROM hacks, but I am not one of them and need somebody to help me with this in order to complete Pokemon Amethyst.

Date: 2007-10-07 14:32:08
well, its been a while since I posted….but lately I have been having a…………..loss of interest kinda. for one, I still need more skills in hacking and I don't, two, a bigger team to help with scripts, character art (actually DRAWING characters from Pokemon XD into little gameboy people) ect. and in general I have not seen much interest in this so far……………….it pains me to do so…….but I have no choice: I can't run this project. but I WON'T just throw this in the trash yet. I am going to donate this hacking idea to anybody with hacking skills. I want that person or team to take it and fufill its goal. I think it would be soooo awesome to see Pokemon XD, gameboy style. I heard there is a hacking team on GCL called CBRH or something. so can you, CBRH, help me out? make this hack as awesome as possible! you guys, or anybody who wants to, are free to claim ownership of this hack now. the original idea belongs to me though…..I am sorry to do this  :'(. well, good luck GCL members!

your fellow pal and GCL member, Bluelatios.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-10-08 16:42:00

well, its been a while since I posted….but lately I have been having a…………..loss of interest kinda. for one, I still need more skills in hacking and I don't, two, a bigger team to help with scripts, character art (actually DRAWING characters from Pokemon XD into little gameboy people) ect. and in general I have not seen much interest in this so far……………….it pains me to do so…….but I have no choice: I can't run this project. but I WON'T just throw this in the trash yet. I am going to donate this hacking idea to anybody with hacking skills. I want that person or team to take it and fufill its goal. I think it would be soooo awesome to see Pokemon XD, gameboy style. I heard there is a hacking team on GCL called CBRH or something. so can you, CBRH, help me out? make this hack as awesome as possible! you guys, or anybody who wants to, are free to claim ownership of this hack now. the original idea belongs to me though…..I am sorry to do this  :'(. well, good luck GCL members!

your fellow pal and GCL member, Bluelatios.

Well that is sad, I would try to help you, but I can't draw for shit, and I might be able to help you with scripting.

Date: 2007-10-10 17:38:07
Alright papa doc. just do whatever you can to help. If you could help spread the word around about this that would help too cause I am a bit busy with other things right now.

Edit: XD sorry, forgot about that grammer thing (Papa Doc wants me to capitalize) ehehehe….

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-10-10 18:41:39
OK I'll try, oh and remember to capitalize the start of your sentence.