Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Pokemon Glitch Version - Page 1

Pokemon Glitch Version

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2008-07-02 21:59:58
I came up with this idea way before Pokemon GCL version came into play. So, now after many months of being lazy and posting, I've been bored enough to make this. Here are the first Glimpses, I don't want to give out the Patch as not all the Glitches are done yet.

Story: After many years of roaming the land in secret the Glitches of the world have been rounded up and put in Old Hoenn as sort of a giant Reaserch Facility. Now, Prof. ???, the lead Scientist in glitching sends you out to study and document them all!

Info: Yes all the Old Glitches are here, from the 3TrainerPoke. to the wild Egg(Which does "Hatch" into other Eggs).
Expect most of the Sprites for the R/B/Y/G/S/C to be Screwy, due to size and Color restrictions.

Pictures:
[attachment=1]
Starter 1: 'M

[attachment=2]
Starter 2: Egg

[attachment=3]
Starter 3: ?

[attachment=4]
No, its not Poochyena it's A!

[attachment=5]
I don't know why Yellow Missingno. here is so small, yeah, no Two Water Guns.

[attachment=6]
Gasp! What could it be?

[attachment=7]
This is 4 4, A's Yellow version counterpart.

[attachment=8]
Vs. Rival…

Well, what do you guys think so far?

Re: Pokemon Glitch Version

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-07-02 22:10:08
for a second I thought it would be all decmarks.

Date: 2008-07-02 22:24:08

for a second I thought it would be all decmarks.

No, came real it close to that, but my sense of nostalgia took over. The Decamarks will be the majority of glitches you find you find though.

[attachment=1]
[attachment=2]

'M's dex entry, GASP! Its not Glitched!

[attachment=3]
[attachment=4]

Here's A.

[attachment=5]
[attachment=6]

Yellow Missingno. "The Yellow Pokemon" due to me not being able to think of anything better.

[attachment=7]

A's moves, No COOLTRAINER, sorry, not yet…maybe.

[attachment=8]

Yellow Missingno.'s moves, the same after all these years…

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-07-02 22:26:14
I thought Yellow Missingno was called that because it is found in Yellow Version, not because it itself is yellow?

Although "Yellow Missingno is Yellow" sounds catchy, yes

Date: 2008-07-02 22:27:50

I thought Yellow Missingno was called that because it is found in Yellow Version, not because it itself is yellow?

Although "Yellow Missingno is Yellow" sounds catchy, yes

Problem is, a Pokedex can't break the fourth wall. Even with the new upgrade. So, I decide to make it so they called it "Yellow Missingno." because its yellow.

Date: 2008-07-02 22:36:41
Acknowledging that glitches exist, in itself, breaks the fourth wall.

Date: 2008-07-02 22:46:08

Good point. I'll fix that tomorrow. In the meantime, what to replace the Regi's with…at First I wanted to use the "FF" hex Glitches, but now they Replace the Weather Trio. (Charizard 'M- Groundon, Q- Kyogre, Rayquaza- ????? (255)). Now, I'm thinking the PokeManiac group of Glitches, any suggestions?

Date: 2008-07-02 22:52:04

Good point. I'll fix that tomorrow.

And how do you plan to do this?

Date: 2008-07-02 22:56:00

And how do you plan to do this?

Via the program YAPE, it allows me to edit Pokedex data. Heck, I'll fix it now, I got time.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-07-02 23:03:48
I have a suggestion. For MissingNo. and other glitches in R/B, use the SGB sprite versions of them.

Date: 2008-07-02 23:05:57

I have a suggestion. For MissingNo. and other glitches in R/B, use the SGB sprite versions of them.

Wait, I don't understand, hacking THAT well yet, please explain what the SGB sprite is, or at least give a link that explains. (This is probably something really obvious.)

EDIT: Forget it, found out what it is.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-07-02 23:20:18
Yeah, it's just a gameboy that shows some Game Boy Games in full color.  It's there in VBA underneath Gameboy. Set it to SGB2 and open a ROM.

Date: 2008-07-02 23:24:49

Yeah, it's just a gameboy that shows some Game Boy Games in full color.  It's there in VBA underneath Gameboy. Set it to SGB2 and open a ROM.

Yes, this will really help! I'll surely get to be able to start cranking out sprites tomorrow. Thank you.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-03 10:29:20
I'm hoping you complete it, and have a download link available soon. I am so desperate to play this.

Date: 2008-07-03 11:43:18

I'm hoping you complete it, and have a download link available soon. I am so desperate to play this.

I'll have it done, soon, the Map doesn't need much Editing, except for Ever Grande, which is becoming Glitch City. Stuff:

1. I hope the Some Staff doesn't mind if I use them as the Elite 4.\
2. Some help needed with Advance Text, how do you edit the text beyond route 101? Because that's as far as it goes on the list…