Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Pokemon Glitch Version - Page 3

Re: Pokemon Glitch Version

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2008-08-13 13:47:40
Hey, can I be a gym leader or elite 4 member ?

My sprite should look like the average "hacker" type :p

Also, maybe you should release this under the CBRH label ?

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-08-13 14:19:26
Yeah, can I be a gym leader too?
The game looks really good, considering it's about the glitches that started the WHOLE thing about… well… glitches!
I have been having problems with Advance Text too, you can only edit Littleroot Town, and not all of it in fact  :P
either my sprite should be a floating eye or a sprite that looks like Cloud from Final Fantasy, y'know, spiky blonde hair, no sword though

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2008-08-22 15:06:46
Okay, because of Sparta and all the downtime, I never got to see all these other posts, until I update again, Posting is on Hold. It won't be on hold when I post here again.

Date: 2009-01-23 18:38:00
JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW.

I'm continuing with this, which is why I've been more in active. Few things,

*The game is based off Fire Red now.
*Due to my now ability to Text edit, the hack is better.
*Gym Leaders are as follows:

1.Fivex
2.:56 Error
3.?????(000)
4.Wack0
5.Boxman
6.Gawaxay
7.IIMarckus
8.Silhouette (The leader of this game's evil team, Majestic)
E4(1).XParasite9
E4(2).Zach
E4(3).GARY 'M 9
E4(4). Newo
Champion.Abwayax

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-23 19:48:43

1.Fivex
3.?????(000)
4.Wack0
5.Boxman
6.Gawaxay
7.IIMarckus
E4(1).XParasite9
E4(2).Zach
E4(3).GARY 'M 9
E4(4). Newo
Champion.Abwayax

You do know that AM 1.93 has a table of all the text so you can use something like Translahextion to get ALL special characters in the game like ? and stuff like if someone wants to say "NO ?BERS IN THIS FIGHT"

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-01-24 03:42:05

1.Fivex
3.?????(000)
4.Wack0
5.Boxman
6.Gawaxay
7.IIMarckus
E4(1).XParasite9
E4(2).Zach
E4(3).GARY 'M 9
E4(4). Newo
Champion.Abwayax

Why am I only gym leader #1?

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-01-24 06:16:36
If you want, I can make Pok?dex entries for the Glitch Pok?mon.

'M: Because of its body structure, it is said to be related to Missingno..  It can mysteriously evolve into Kangaskhan.

Missingno.: The first discovered and best known of all Glitch Pok?mon.  Five different formes have been confirmed. *this includes Yellow Missingno.*

.4: It travels in swarms and makes unintelligible beeping sounds.  As it is always overactive, it can randomly explode.

A: In order to evade capture, it can fly up to Mach 3, and even Transform into something else.  It is said to share a relation with PkMn.

?: It makes itself invisible to avoid detection.  It seems unable to do this to flee battles, however.

Egg: It has been confirmed by researchers that it can hatch into another egg.  It will hatch over 300,000 times in its lifetime.

3TrainerPok?: Its ability to evolve into Kangaskhan has sparked researchers to investigate possible relations to 'M.  Said research is still underway.

And so forth.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-01-24 07:39:01
You know, that might work actually. Let's see what Boxman thinks.

Date: 2009-01-24 14:53:08

'M: Because of its body structure, it is said to be related to Missingno..  It can mysteriously evolve into Kangaskhan.

Missingno.: The first discovered and best known of all Glitch Pok?mon.  Five different formes have been confirmed. *this includes Yellow Missingno.*

.4: It travels in swarms and makes unintelligible beeping sounds.  As it is always overactive, it can randomly explode.

A: In order to evade capture, it can fly up to Mach 3, and even Transform into something else.  It is said to share a relation with PkMn.

?: It makes itself invisible to avoid detection.  It seems unable to do this to flee battles, however.

Egg: It has been confirmed by researchers that it can hatch into another egg.  It will hatch over 300,000 times in its lifetime.

3TrainerPok?: Its ability to evolve into Kangaskhan has sparked researchers to investigate possible relations to 'M.  Said research is still underway.

And so forth.

Done deal.

Just post them here and I'll put them in. Oh, and just to let you know now, the three ????? are separate. Thus, a different entry will be needed for each.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-01-24 15:10:02
Isn't the "Forme" spelling only used for legendaries?

Date: 2009-01-24 15:41:33

I thought it was used for Rotom as well…

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-01-24 16:53:23

I thought it was used for Rotom as well…
It is.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-01-24 21:07:13

And so forth.

Done deal.

Just post them here and I'll put them in. Oh, and just to let you know now, the three ????? are separate. Thus, a different entry will be needed for each.

Alrighty, then.

This post will also include the ones I've already posted, for convenience.

????? (#252): It was first discovered deep within a volcanic mountain.  Its goldish hue has sparked the interests of miners.

????? (#254): Despite its diminutive appearance, it is astoundingly heavy.  How it manages to move is an unsolved mystery.

????? (#255): It is the third discovered variety of ?????.  It is mind-bendingly large and heavy.

(Pokemon dollar sign Glitch Pokemon): It is extraordinarily powerful, yet painfully slow.  It prefers to let its victims approach it before it strikes.

a: A study of its body composition has discovered alarming similarities to Poliwhirl.  This has sparked the interest of glitch scientists.

Charizard 'M: According to legend, it assumed the guise of a Charizard in order to gain respect.  Its true form is unknown.

h Poke: It is sometimes seen floating around old graveyards at night.  It seems to share traits with Gengar.

LM4: Because of its similarities to Poliwrath, researchers are searching for a possible link between LM4 and a.

PkMn: It seems to be a close relative of A.  However, it seems incapable of learning as many moves as A does.

PokeWTrainer: It seems to be popular among hikers and miners.  It is said to live in the mountains.

Small u: It is usually found in abandoned mines.  It is immensely shy, and has almost never been seen.

p T: Normally found in deserts and other arid locales.  It loves doing tricks, and is popular among circus performers.

??: It soars through the air at blinding speeds and roosts only on mountains.  It is said to be responsible for many rockslides.

♀: It hides in tall grass in lush meadows.  If startled, it shoots spikes to attack.

4. .: A mystical Pok?mon that exudes a gentle aura. Has the ability to change climate conditions.

4 4: Thorough scientific research has concluded that it shares a mysterious, unknown bond with A.  Research is still underway.

44Hy: It lounges near the water's edge.  If attacked, it fights back with psychokinetic power.

Q: Legend has it that it has the power to swap attributes among a group of other Pokemon.

7g: Upon spotting an enemy, its first instinct is to attack with psychic power.  It can usually be seen near a 44Hy's nest.

(symbols name Charizard hybrid): It is rumored to have donned the guise of a Charizard for similar reasons as Charizard 'M.  This has not yet been verified.

pPkMnp: It lashes out at percieved intruders with its fists of fury.  It is territorial to a fault, and tamable only by the best trainers.

X - x: It gives off a strong, purple aura.  Other Glitch Pokemon look up to it as a deity.

Z4: It can be seen traveling among swarms of Beedrill.  For reasons unknown, it prefers riverside nests.

———————————————–
Here, I'll explain the logic behind a few of these entries.  Don't click if you wanna figure it out on your own.

[spoiler]
.4; the random exploding bit refers to its TM28 attack.  I interpreted it as .4 exploding to let off excess energy, but it is constantly energetic, so the explosions don't KO itself.

A; Its speed stat is outstanding, hence the Mach 3.

?; the invisible bit refers to its Emerald animation where it vanishes for a second.

3TrainerPoke: It's Yellow's equivalent of 'M, hence the relation.

????? (#252): volcanic mountain bit refers to its fire/normal type.  Its goldish hue?  That's what Bulbapedia says.

????? (#254): Bulbapedia reports it as 16 inches high, and weighing over a ton.

????? (#255): Bulbapedia reports it over 400 feet high and over a ton.

(Pokemon dollar sign Glitch Pokemon): high attack, low speed.

a: Poliwhirl hybrid, hence the similarities.

h Poke: Gengar hybrid, hence the similarities.

LM4: Poliwrath hybrid

PkMn: close relative of A; both are 250 variants.  not as many moves- self-explanatory.

PokeWTrainer: The entire entry references its ground type.

Small u: Ground type.  rarely seen because I've never seen a sprite for it anywhere.

p T: First sentence references its ground type.  Second one- the circus bit references P.T. barnum, the circus guy.  P.T.  p T.  Get it?

??: The entire entry I based off of the only info on it- its two attacks, Fly and Rock Slide.

♀: first sentence I made up completely.  Second one references its Spike Cannon.

4. .: In R/B it has Dragonair's Pokedex entry.  That was Dragonair's R/B dex entry.

4 4: References that it is Yellow's A equivalent.

44Hy: References its type combo.

Q: References the famous Q glitch.

7g: References that it only starts knowing Confusion.

pPkMnp: Fists of fury=Comet Punch

X - x: It's surrounded by purple and has great stats.

Z4: First sentence- Beedrill hybrid.  Second sentence- references its evolution into Squirtle.
[/spoiler]

Date: 2009-01-25 00:05:08
Dangit.

I was supposed to finish Text Editing tonight. Yet, I spent my time buying and then playing Destroy All Humans: POTF.

Missingno. Master, Great Job! I'll know who to talk to now if I need any more Dex Entries!

Anyway, just a brief history of this Kanto in the game. As I may or may not be able to incorporate it.

In the 1940's Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, as well as the Orange Islands had long since merged into the Empire of Japan. This Empire at this time had subsequently Declared war on Orre. Along with many other countries. While Starting Strong, Japan lost after Johto was stuck by Orre's new weapon, XD001, codenamed "Little Boy". After this blow, the Empire of Japan split into 4 States, The Republic of Kanto, the People's Glorious State of Sinnoh (Communist Sinnoh), the Kingdom of Hoenn, and the United Orange Emirates. Johto was now No-Mans land, and terrorfyingly. Radiation was seeping from Johto to Kanto.

Luckily, Humans were left un-harmed. Yet the Pokemon were not, Many of them changed into new, strange "Glitches of Wildlife" or just "Glitches". At first, Glitches were poached and struggled to carry on. However, in 1972 President Red declared the Glitches were a protected species.

This made it so,  Glitches could over-populate the land. Thus making Kanto what you see today.

In 1974 President Red was Assasinated, and the Presidential office was subsiquently abolished , leaving a congress of Scientists/Trainers to rule, these 4 individuals became know as the Elite 4

Yet, who assinated Red? Most say it was MAJESTIC, an Ex-Governament organization that is disgustingly Anti-Glitch. They still vandalize Kanto to this day, under a mysterious leader, Silhouette…

Hope you guys like it, I tried to make it as historically accurate as possible.

OTHER THINGS GLITCH VERSION WILL INCLUDE:

- Many GCLF Members! Even the annoying ones like m or CrazySquid!
- A Ton of Pop Culture references!
- A New Evil Team!
- A Very Vulgar Rival and his Horny Sister!
- Glitches!
- OTher things you wouldn't think to see in a Pokemon Game!

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-01-25 04:27:52
Annoying GCL members in it? You mean like the spammiest of the spammers that are now banned due to over spamming?