Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Crazy GS Experiences on rby roms - Page 3

Re: Crazy GS Experiences on rby roms

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-06-02 17:34:01

The Always Wild Pokemon code for Yellow.

010156D0 (note that one side effect is that random Pokémon battles are disabled, you can bypass that by activating the code when the battle starts though.)

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-06-03 09:59:03
Um… I tried it with 01fed7cf, and look at what happened…

Date: 2010-06-03 11:01:04

Um… I tried it with 01fed7cf, and look at what happened…

Darn lol, well I suppose what you could do is activate 01FED7CF only after a normal battle (e.g. with Pidgey) fully loads. That way you will obtain the glitch Pokémon after capturing 'the pidgey', it will likely change colour to the palette of the glitch Pokémon as soon as you throw the ball.

Date: 2010-06-03 11:17:17
Figures.

BTW, do you have any REALLY (I know, most were fun) interesting Yellow GS codes that produce really strange effects?

Posted by: Sonikku1011
Date: 2010-06-04 02:38:21
Ahem, sorry to but in but do you guys have a big list of all these codes? I wouldn't mind trying them on my actual cart. Also sorry if I overlooked the codes… (yes I know it's risky, but I basically don't have a save on my Yellow due to my GS Pro, so it doesn't matter. Plus I am curious.  :P)

Date: 2010-06-04 09:22:23
Mmm…I'll try to compile a list for you. It might be a bit, so hold on :P

Date: 2010-06-10 09:54:37

Ahem, sorry to but in but do you guys have a big list of all these codes? I wouldn't mind trying them on my actual cart. Also sorry if I overlooked the codes… (yes I know it's risky, but I basically don't have a save on my Yellow due to my GS Pro, so it doesn't matter. Plus I am curious.  :P)

As you probably already know, you can find many codes for Generation I and Generation II in our Gameshark Codes archive, see here: http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Pok%C3%A9mon_Gameshark_Codes

Here are the few I posted earlier as well, some of which have not been added yet.

010E3DCD - Title Pikachu triggers a flashing lights effect (Yellow)
01877EE5 - Start the game immediately (Yellow)
01877FE5 - Start the game immediately (Red/Blue - untested)
01XX5ED3 - Map modifier (Red/Blue)
01XX5DD3 - Map modifier (Yellow)

Sounds modifier (Make your own glitch music/stop all sounds) (Red/Blue):
01XX2BC0, 01XX2CC0, 01XX2DC0, 01XX2EC0

Sounds modifier (Make your own glitch music/stop all sounds) (Yellow):
01XX2AC0, 01XX2BC0, 01XX2CC0, 01XX2DC0

01XX05D0 - Pokémon you are viewing in party modifier (Gold/Silver)

Posted by: Redstar
Date: 2010-07-25 19:46:15
[img]http://glitchcity.info/wiki/images/3/38/Unused_town.png[/img] - Blank data for a 12th town.

12th city above the Indigo Plateau? As in, Cloud City?

Date: 2010-07-26 05:45:52

[img]http://glitchcity.info/wiki/images/3/38/Unused_town.png[/img] - Blank data for a 12th town.

12th city above the Indigo Plateau? As in, Cloud City?

I just had a quick Google search, do you mean this?
Get to Viridian city then get over the bush by cutting it down, walk 6 feet forward and a ghost will pick you up and take you to Cloud City. In cloud city move the boulkders into the hole 5 times you will get 30 pokemon each time. There will also be a pokeball that will be where the 30 pokemon each time will be. Thats all! I don't know if it works.

I'm not sure if those old Cloud City rumours have any relationship with this location. The reason why it appears to be north of Indigo Plateau is because its co-ordinates are undefined, so the game manages co-ordinates of 0,0. In Pokémon Red and Blue, the y co-ordinate is managed differently and in that sense, a higher value will give what we see as a lower y value. The same applies to its location name, Pallet Town has a value of 00, which explains why this empty location appears as a 'second pallet town'.

An interesting thing though; an unused flag allows you to check this location on the 'areas you can fly'. It will let you select this location, but the game will freeze if you choose to fly to it.

Posted by: Redstar
Date: 2010-07-26 05:59:34

I just had a quick Google search, do you mean this?
Get to Viridian city then get over the bush by cutting it down, walk 6 feet forward and a ghost will pick you up and take you to Cloud City. In cloud city move the boulkders into the hole 5 times you will get 30 pokemon each time. There will also be a pokeball that will be where the 30 pokemon each time will be. Thats all! I don't know if it works.

There were several distinct rumors involving secret/hidden cities. Some of the more popular names were Cloud City, the PokeGod Factory, Pokemon/PokeGod Island (beyond the barrier of Route 20 and 21), and Brick Town (above Mt. Moon). The exact version I'm referring to is:

There are such things as pokegods. To get them beat the Elite Four 30 times without talking to anyone in between the nurse in the pokecentre at Indigo Platue or what ever it is, and the riv . On the thirtith times Professer Oak will say "I'm getting tired of this" and he will let you walk around the hall of fame which leads to a new city where people will swap pokegods.

Cloud City and Pokemon/PokeGod Factory were names sometimes used for this location above the Plateau. I realize there's very little if any connection between the old rumors and this single anomaly, but it is an interesting coincidence.