Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

We all have problems!!! - Page 1

We all have problems!!!

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2006-06-29 19:44:30
Everyone makes errors it cannot be helpt I used to the rules on TeamRocket'sRockin' here it''l take me some times to get used to I suffer very bad memoey so I do tend to forget quickly so sorry for be a Human I try by best but toy ou it's not even good enough.

We all have problems!!!

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-29 19:50:20

Everyone makes errors it cannot be helpt I used to the rules on TeamRocket'sRockin' here it''l take me some times to get used to I suffer very bad memoey so I do tend to forget quickly so sorry for be a Human I try by best but toy ou it's not even good enough.
write down a brief summary of the rules on a post-it note. affix note to upper-right corner of monitor.

We all have problems!!!

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2006-06-29 19:52:11
Me, I don't care if it's perfect. (I'm having a hard time changing from forums to Wikipedia)
xparasite9, no. (He and the other mods care about the rules.)
Well, I don't have anything else to say but: *In GoldenChaos' voice* CHILL PILL!!!

We all have problems!!!

Date: 2006-06-29 19:56:10
Rules are rules it's not my falut I the way I am with I had trouble with school i was picked on because I made errors I dropped out because of that so quit being a bully for once and let me sprite in peace with ot brining up my bad plast.

We all have problems!!!

Date: 2006-06-29 19:58:52
Who, me? I already told you, I don't care about perfection! (I'm a far ways off, myself.)

We all have problems!!!

Date: 2006-06-29 19:59:52
ok, now I'm DEFINITELY going to pester you since you dropped out.

We all have problems!!!

Date: 2006-06-29 20:02:33
Your try having, 17 years of Depression also a disabled father, hows that for you my mother is always out my brother has what I got so my family is not perfect.

We all have problems!!!

Date: 2006-06-29 20:10:31
Listen, all of us have some problems. I deal with being picked on to. It's best to just zone out and keep your focus entirely on one thing, whether it be your studies, or whatever task is on hand.

We all have problems!!!

Date: 2006-06-29 20:13:09
I've not been in school for 2 years I'm not going back if I went back I'll be commit suicide I can't cope with my life my self everything I'm 17 I turn 18 soon in a few weeks time so I'm never going back.

We all have problems!!!

Date: 2006-06-29 20:21:37
Well, as long as we all are confessing, I was always picked on, since I had such a bad temper. And now, I'm a bit undereducated for my age, so I'm picked on alot. I've learned that I will never fit in. (I don't care, either.)

Re: We all have problems!!!

Posted by: GoldenChaos
Date: 2006-06-29 22:32:45
Exactly what is this thread about?  I'm really confused…Which happens often…I think this might be in the wrong board.

Posted by: AnimalCrossingAddict
Date: 2006-07-01 20:12:48
Wild Missiingno, calm down. You didn't have to reveal everything.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-07-01 22:01:17

I generally believe if you stick to TRS' rules, you'll do okay here since I consider ourselves to be less strict concerning rules (although the concept of The Warn-o-meter might be a bit confusing - there's a thread on that somewhere). Basically it boils down to "universal" rules such as "no spam, no flaming, etc". You don't even need to memorize the exact wording of every rules thread - just read it over and get the basic points.

I just updated the swearing rules to make it clear as to what constitutes censor bypassing, and to state that you can use asterisks if you don't want to type the whole word out.

Date: 2006-07-03 21:03:53
I, however, disagree. replacing a vowel with an asterisk allows the person to fill in that blank and see the word. Even though it is not technically shown, the message is still conveyed.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-07-04 10:48:12

I, however, disagree. replacing a vowel with an asterisk allows the person to fill in that blank and see the word. Even though it is not technically shown, the message is still conveyed.

That is your opinion and the rules contradict you. It would generally be acceptable, for instance, if "foo" was the word in question, to replace "foo" with "f**" or "f*o".

This place is not meant for 8-year-olds. So don't try to act like it is.

Edit: So I have to prove that you are misguided? Ok.

Just because I'm not talented also I was born with Learning Difficulties don't mean you can take the p*ss out of my sprites i'm doing everything I can so don't act like this I had the same sh*t I had from school when I was younger because on what I am born with.

The "message" that is being conveyed is not offensive in any way. The offending part is the word itself, which is asterisked out. If it was a sentence, such as "You are worth less than my dog's sh*t" then it would break rules (flaming). This is just using the word as an synonym for "stuff" ("so don't act like this I had the same stuff I had from school when I was younger"). This would be perfectly acceptable.

And apparently it is allowed on TRS. So it is allowed here. We should be less strict than them.

Oh yeah, and you're a bit… harsh when you "warn" people. >.>

Hey, perhaps I should just axe the censor and say "swearing is allowed, if you can't handle it then you're at the wrong forum"?

Let me say it once more - "foo" is NOT "f*o" is not "f**" is not "***". Just because you have the "Barney Mode" (censor) switch enabled doesn't mean you shouldn't expect something that is not all asterisks. We make no attempts to be a kiddie-friendly forum and this place is aimed more towards the older spectrum.

Case closed. Wild Missingno was not breaking any rules.