Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Obama, Hillary, or McCain? - Page 3

Re: Obama, Hilary, or McCain?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-06-02 22:20:05
I'd definitely not supporting McCain. He's the guy who said he'd be perfectly okay spending 100 years in Iraq, a war that really has no point now (we got rid of Saddam, it's obvious he had nothing to do with al Qaeda, he didn't have any WMDs, so what?).

I'm not really political though, so I can't choose between Hillary and Obama.

Edit: Even if you don't live in the US, you should be concerned. The decisions the leaders of the most powerful nation make have the potential to affect pretty much the entire world.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-06-06 14:48:01

I'd definitely not supporting McCain. He's the guy who said he'd be perfectly okay spending 100 years in Iraq, a war that really has no point now (we got rid of Saddam, it's obvious he had nothing to do with al Qaeda, he didn't have any WMDs, so what?).

Edit: Even if you don't live in the US, you should be concerned. The decisions the leaders of the most powerful nation make have the potential to affect pretty much the entire world.

Well, the rest of America chose for you. There is no way Hillary can win the nomination.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-06-06 15:30:24
I say, no Obama! And if all you said is true about McCain, I say Hilary. But, Mcain is still second.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-06-06 15:42:29

Well, the rest of America chose for you. There is no way Hillary can win the nomination.

That, and they already announced Hillary already lost yesterday so. :\

Date: 2008-06-06 16:20:39
Then, go McCain!

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-06-06 21:32:51

I say, no Obama! And if all you said is true about McCain, I say Hilary. But, Mcain is still second.
Why not Obama?

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-06-06 22:25:09

… the comments of Barack Obama's church are not supported by him.
ARE NOT
ARE NOT
ARE NOT

It was his former pastor for a reason.
FORMER
FORMER
FORMER
As in, not current. As in, he LEFT. Try to understand this.

Date: 2008-06-07 03:15:45
I did not know.
NOT
NOT
NOT

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-06-07 19:14:04
Personally, I'm disappointed that Obama left his church. It shows that he can be swayed by political pressure, and makes his earlier defense of his pastor ring hollow.

Date: 2008-06-07 20:55:35

Personally, I'm disappointed that Obama left his church. It shows that he can be swayed by political pressure, and makes his earlier defense of his pastor ring hollow.

Your right but the reason that he left, in my option, was more because of what Rev. Right was saying. He did explain his reasons but he also asked/told Rev. Right to stop the babbling. He didn't and some of the stuff he was saying really made everyone pissed. Some of the youtube clips take out of context but some of the stuff he said, especially later in the game, were never taken out of context. So all I'm saying is that Obama had a small basis for leaving his church without looking looking like a flipfloper. Not much, but a little. 

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-06-10 16:36:28
Who gives a fuck nowadays who's president or not..
The shadow government controlling it already has someone
picked for president.. They just let us vote to make us think we are
part of it, just like what with happened with bush.

Date: 2008-06-10 17:28:50

Who gives a fuck nowadays who's president or not..
The shadow government controlling it already has someone
picked for president.. They just let us vote to make us think we are
part of it, just like what with happened with bush.

Err… no.
Every vote counts and its the people who elect the president in this country. We are one of the few countries that are not overly corrupt. Bush was elected for his second term because, regardless of how stupid this sounds, the majority of people wanted him as president. Though I will admit that when an election gets too close to call, politics and backroom deals are made to determine the next president. Cause during the 2000 election, Gore truly won the popular vote in Florida, and therefor the election. But because it was so close, there was some kind of deal, bribe or something made and hanging chads were not counted even though who the person voted for could clearly be seen while doing recounts by hand. That gave bush the election. So when it gets close, politics can interfere with what the people truly want, but when its a landslide victory, the people chose who the people want. So if everyone went out and voted for say, Obama, then he'd have a much better chance of winning the office.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-12-03 18:01:02

^Trust me, if he becomes president, all white americans will be slaves.

…Are you fucking kidding me? Give me one piece of evidence to prove that statement, and "He's black" is not even going to come fucking CLOSE to working.
he wants "mandatory" "community service"

Date: 2008-12-03 18:24:20

…Are you fucking kidding me? Give me one piece of evidence to prove that statement, and "He's black" is not even going to come fucking CLOSE to working.

Ever heard of this thing called the Congress. It prevents the President from having everything he wants. *No one make a mention of the current president*

Date: 2008-12-03 18:32:26

I lol'd.
Anyway…
Since I posted I have kinda changed my mind to obama!