Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Conficker - Page 3

Re: Conficker

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-01-21 20:06:29
No one really knows yet.

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-21 20:08:14
But it is on wiki. Wikipedia are like super heroes they tell us what is wrong, so wouldnt the antivirus company/programs already try to include it in their blocking system/ thing?

Date: 2009-01-21 20:10:09
You sound like you think Wikipedia, is always right. It isn't. So far, this worm, is no doubt the worst virus yet to be created. So, who knows what it can really do.

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-21 20:11:53
Wikipedia [shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]HAS[/glow][/shadow] to be right!

Date: 2009-01-21 20:14:14
*Sighs* They don't know much about this deadly worm, like others don't yet. I'm sure others are trying to figure out how this dangerous worm came about, who created the damn thing, and put an end. I used to worry about the MSBlast Virus, but that's small time now. This worm, is the worst that is yet to come. It has three stages, so any of the three stages, can be dangerous.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-01-22 00:45:03
Hmm, F-secure knows how many infected computers there are. How they know:
The worm connects to a diferent randomly named website each day that the hacker registers the day before. The websiteis made via a althogarithim.  F-secure figured the althogarithim out and registered a domain that the worm would use before the creator. They then counted the infected IPs. They got 3 about million infected IPs. They later figured out how to find out exactly the amount of PCs. ITcame out as about 3 infected machines for every IP adress in the world, hence, 9 million infected computers.

Date: 2009-01-22 05:25:47
There you go then. I had a real creepy dream last night about Conficker… I was just sitting at my laptop as I always do, when suddenly my Avast! anti-virus, came up with a warning, when it detects a virus/worm/trojan/malware/spyware, and I look at what got in and it was Conficker. It spread so quickly, that all my stuff was gone my laptop was completely useless when it had finished, and all I had was a blue screen of death. It was creepy.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-01-23 14:29:40

There you go then. I had a real creepy dream last night about Conficker… I was just sitting at my laptop as I always do, when suddenly my Avast! anti-virus, came up with a warning, when it detects a virus/worm/trojan/malware/spyware, and I look at what got in and it was Conficker. It spread so quickly, that all my stuff was gone my laptop was completely useless when it had finished, and all I had was a blue screen of death. It was creepy.
Wow… it doesn't do that though.
Still, it would be pretty creepy if that happened.

Date: 2009-01-23 14:32:25
I know it doesn't, but it still creeped me half to death. -_-