Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Polls

Which Windows System Do You Find Best? - Page 1

Which Windows System Do You Find Best?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-11-18 20:24:18
Okay, this has been bothering me for the last couple of years, so it's time to get this question out of my head for good. What Windows System did you guys find "better". I'd say Windows 98 was the best system I had used for 9 years. My first computer was a Windows 95 and that did okay until my mother deleted all the system files, so about a year or 2 later, we brought a Windows 98, and that had gone through so many problems, with pop-ups, viruses, spyware, death screens, but that lived for 9 years and soon died of system failure. At the time I didn't have many games for Windows 98, but I did enjoy my few years of an old game, called Star Trek Armada, where my brother and I used to love that game, we'd made a lot of friends on there and a few enemies, but was an awesome online game until the server went down about 2 maybe 3 years ago, so I'd say Windows 98 was the best system I had going in my youth, while my 98 was alive and kicking, I'd brought a Windows XP: Home Edition, and that survived for a while, until the video/graphics card/hard drive failed and it was no use, so had the 98 system for a while when we brought a Windows XP: Professional System (my parents current PC), and we've barely had any troubles with that, other than it's slow, (what Windows systems these days isn't slow), the night the hard drive died from a power failure in the house, but the last 7 years it's never fully died (well it did when my mother blew it up), so I'd say 98 was my best Windows system.

Re: Which Windows System Do You Find Best?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-11-18 20:27:32
[img]http://muryou-anime-wallpaper.net/wallpapers/previews/os-tan-788-prev.jpg[/img]

Fucking XP ftw.

Date: 2009-11-18 20:33:28
I vote XP and Vista the worst. My Vista has these pointless updates that fail to install so epic fail for Vista, and XP for the fatal death screens I kept getting.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-11-18 20:54:47
Vista was a steaming stinking flaming pile of shit, and the problems with XP were probably a driver problem or IRQ conflict.

Date: 2009-11-18 20:58:20
Windows 7 doesn't look any better, I mean if any Windows system gets infected with Conficker, it's fucked because it tends to reinfect the system hours after it was removed. I heard Windows ME was awful, as a friend of mine used it once and he said all it would do was kick off the internet, or randomly crashed.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-11-18 21:05:38
None of them.

Alright, I guess if I had to choose… tie between 2000 and XP.

Date: 2009-11-18 21:07:16
Sorry Adrian, I would of put other systems, but I haven't used anything else any but Windows. I'd still say my 98 beats my XP systems shitless.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-11-18 21:24:03
Vista. Why? It's not Windows XP. Sure, it may be a steaming stinking flaming pile of shit, but anything is better than XP (god forbid XP Professional), trust me.

Date: 2009-11-18 21:27:41
Well, oddly enough, my parent's computer is XP: Pro and that runs fine other than it's very slow. Vista, I completely fucking hate. I haven't had a death screen with it yet, but half the time whatever I have running has a habit of crashing, like Windows Media Player, Guild Wars Game Client, Firefox, my files, desktop, a lot of bloody things crash on me when I use Vista, as I have three Microsoft Office updates that keeps getting Error 646, and nothing has helped me so I had no choice but to hide the updates. Vista sucks!

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-11-18 21:45:06
No love for Windows 3.1? *shot*

Date: 2009-11-18 21:47:29
Sorry never heard of it. I'll see if I can add that.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-11-18 22:06:08
Windows XP. It just is.

Date: 2009-11-18 22:11:39
XP is terrible for the mount of problems that happen with it.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-18 22:16:00
*Dum da da dum dum*

I voted Vista. I've owned two of the choices- XP and Vista- and Vista was waaaaaaaaay faster.

Everyone is going to be like 'lol wut'.  :P

Date: 2009-11-18 22:20:59
Vista is slow, it crashes, but can be useful for Guild Wars, but everything else, is a no-go. Windows 95 didn't have much, but 98 had quite a bit to it, and ran Armada extremely well.

(Maybe my final posts before I delete my account.)