Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Polls

Which Windows System Do You Find Best? - Page 3

Re: Which Windows System Do You Find Best?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-11-20 20:09:20

How many times do I have to link you to the site that fixes update errors?

This one?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-11-20 20:13:19
Vista fails, all together. A lot of stuff freezes on here, Firefox freezes, WMP11 freezes, Live Messanger freezes, anything I run it crashes, plus the Updates for "Office", are fautly.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-11-20 20:24:49

I voted Windows 98 to be the best system I used and I'm sticking with it. A friend of mine and me were talking about Windows 7 about 2 weeks ago and I said I'm not paying over £400 on a bloody Windows system, where my laptop was £300, and yes we are called rip-off Britain. Windows 7 is going to be like Vista all over again. If Conficker infects Window 7 it'll render useless, because Conficker will re-infect the system hours after its removal, in the end Windows 7 is like Vista, but with a slight difference, but will no doubt still run the same as Vista - useless.
It's only 100$ for a home premium upgrade disk(Which can be used to do a clean install)

Date: 2009-11-20 20:43:13
Fivex, I'm in England, not America. Anything US related will not run on anything European, unless the machine was built to run US CDs. My parent's DVD Player runs American DVDs, but my laptop can't. I'd install XP on here, but I'd lose all my important things to me so that's a no way.

Posted by: Johnny K.
Date: 2009-11-28 16:40:25
Windows XP rocks….i know a moderator that he uses XP
and he dont like vista but i heard the windows 7 are really fast

Date: 2009-11-28 17:01:42

Fivex, I'm in England, not America. Anything US related will not run on anything European, unless the machine was built to run US CDs. My parent's DVD Player runs American DVDs, but my laptop can't. I'd install XP on here, but I'd lose all my important things to me so that's a no way.
But the european version would be the euro equivilant. And the fact it won't run us dvds but your dvd player can is just… odd. It should be the other way arround.

Date: 2009-11-28 17:06:19
I'm guessing you've never heard of  a DVD player built with something that comes form America, to run the discs. Windows 7 sucks, there's been a lot of problems reported over here in the UK about it. I KNEW it'll be a failure.

Date: 2009-11-28 19:25:48

I'm guessing you've never heard of  a DVD player built with something that comes form America, to run the discs. Windows 7 sucks, there's been a lot of problems reported over here in the UK about it. I KNEW it'll be a failure.
DVD players are built to only run NTSC(US) disks. You can run australian movies from any european DVD player because they are both PAL and it is hard to differentiate.

Date: 2009-11-28 20:38:17
Not really, US discs run on my parent's DVD player fine. Windows XP (my computer) gets worse. I keep getting these damn pop-ups, so I don't know of I'm going to get death screens again, but knowing my PC, it will.