Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Treatment of new members - Page 2

Re: Treatment of new members

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-03-30 10:21:06
It's like I said to the other admins, before. Some people aren't as old as I am, since I'm quite old, I know a little more on other things, yet I'm very impatient, I'm willing to help newbies. Not everyone can spell perfectly, some people are from other countries, and can't speak English properly.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-03-30 19:07:01

I am quite impatient with stupid people and I am usually quick to judge.  I hardly ever try to explain things to newbies because while I'm studying hard to hopefully get into MIT, my peers only care about their penis size and how much pot they've smoked.  I'm sorry if I have offended anyone who is trying to improve.

Making an honest mistake isn't "being stupid". I'm sure people at MIT make mistakes too.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-03-30 19:19:08

I am quite impatient with stupid people and I am usually quick to judge.  I hardly ever try to explain things to newbies because while I'm studying hard to hopefully get into MIT, my peers only care about their penis size and how much pot they've smoked.  I'm sorry if I have offended anyone who is trying to improve.

Making an honest mistake isn't "being stupid". I'm sure people at MIT make mistakes too.

I'm saying that I'm impatient with stupid people, not people who make mistakes.  However, I often have trouble distinguishing the two.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-03-30 20:02:43
Just an aside: How do I get a list of "infractions" that raised my WOM?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-03-30 21:36:07

Just an aside: How do I get a list of "infractions" that raised my WOM?

I’ve PMed you with a list.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-03-31 17:57:31

I'm saying that I'm impatient with stupid people, not people who make mistakes.  However, I often have trouble distinguishing the two.

That's okay. I'm impatient with noobs too but I know if I show it then it is a sign of weakness and that I am not a nice person at all. Pretending to be nice goes a long way. You may secretly hate or dislike someone but if you pretend that you don't care about them being noobs, it helps your image because it means you're able to control yourself and tolerate noobness. As a result, people will start to like you better because you are showing that you are mature and have a mature way of handling a situation even if the people or object involved is someone or something you can't stand.

Date: 2009-04-01 00:21:43
It's what I can't stand some people, they are quick to judge, others. I mean, look at me I've been judged all my life, just because I'm very different. Everyone is different, doesn't mean they are a noob. Maybe some people are slow at typing or haven't used a keyboard before in their life. It'll be best to find a game, that helps you with your typing skills. I used to have an old game like that when I was 5. It helped me in some ways, but even now in my adult years, I still screw up because of my problem. So, basecly, don't be a total dick to them who are new, and may not be used to a keyboard. Give them a chance to try and improve, and not be so mean to them. If they are trying to improve, then fine be nice, not some total asshole who thinks, that them who spell wrong, or something or are from another country, with little English, are noobs. Don't say anything unless you have something nice to say, about someone. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying, give people a chance, before you judge 'em. Never jduge a book by it's cover, as an old saying goes. So for once, if you're gonna be mean, just go outside or whatever, calm down and come back.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-04-01 14:52:35

It's what I can't stand some people, they are quick to judge, others. I mean, look at me I've been judged all my life, just because I'm very different. Everyone is different, doesn't mean they are a noob. Maybe some people are slow at typing or haven't used a keyboard before in their life. It'll be best to find a game, that helps you with your typing skills. I used to have an old game like that when I was 5. It helped me in some ways, but even now in my adult years, I still screw up because of my problem. So, basecly, don't be a total dick to them who are new, and may not be used to a keyboard. Give them a chance to try and improve, and not be so mean to them. If they are trying to improve, then fine be nice, not some total arsehole who thinks, that them who spell wrong, or something or are from another country, with little English, are noobs. Don't say anything unless you have something nice to say, about someone. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying, give people a chance, before you judge 'em. Never jduge a book by it's cover, as an old saying goes. So for once, if you're gonna be mean, just go outside or whatever, calm down and come back.

Why not just punch a pillow?

On a side note, what about Chic?

Date: 2009-04-02 00:46:25
Not everyone who signs up here, are Murph, so it would help if others wouldn't be such total dicks, to then newbies. It's nice to get new people around here, who are into glitches, and want to help or something.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-04-03 15:48:08
I have no idea who Murph or Chic are but I haven't saw them in the banned users list so I'm assuming that they were never banned but have also never came back either. Which is the least I can say can say for this guy:
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=profile;u=456

I'm sorry but I just love making jokes about this guy due to his ridiculously long user name. Don't worry, it will eventually lose its humor to me. Until then make due with my ridiculous sense of humor and share some lulz with me.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-04-03 17:16:39

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=profile;u=456

I'm sorry but I just love making jokes about this guy due to his ridiculously long user name. Don't worry, it will eventually lose its humor to me. Until then make due with my ridiculous sense of humor and share some lulz with me.

He's now a GCLF meme, isn't he?

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-04-03 18:08:01

I have no idea who Murph or Chic are but I haven't saw them in the banned users list so I'm assuming that they were never banned but have also never came back either.

Not sure about Chic, but Murph was banned for a while, then got unbanned.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-03 18:33:00
Nobody on this forum was ever named chic or even have the letter string chic besides Torchickens.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-04-03 21:48:15
I am talking about ______ the Chic, but…

I have a feeling this'll become a spam board quickly.

Date: 2009-04-04 02:52:12
I've been here 3 years and I haven't see anyone with the name of Chic, other than young Torchickens, but no one with the name of Chic.