Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Announcements

Treatment of new members - Page 3

Re: Treatment of new members

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-04-04 12:36:10
As the April Fools thing.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-04 12:59:22
April Fools day, is over.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-04-04 13:09:53
Yeah, but I posted it on April Fools.

Date: 2009-04-04 13:15:37
It wasn't even funny.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-04-05 19:35:59

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=profile;u=456

I'm sorry but I just love making jokes about this guy due to his ridiculously long user name. Don't worry, it will eventually lose its humor to me. Until then make due with my ridiculous sense of humor and share some lulz with me.

He's now a GCLF meme, isn't he?

I'm afraid so my friend.  His name is just so much fun to say.
lard turd mega now to you can't touch my lawnmover! The only thing is how will we use it. Oh and who was the silly goose who edited his sig. It says My NAME IS EARL! NO IT ISN'T.
I don't recall the "NO IT ISN'T being there last time I observed his signature which wasn't that long ago.

BTW My name is Earl now! XD

Anyways I'm going to be kind to the new members and I will enforce this upon other people. If they don't obey then I'll do bad stuff to them. (just kidding but obey or you are in big trouble with me. Got it? Good!)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-04-05 20:05:44

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?action=profile;u=456

I'm sorry but I just love making jokes about this guy due to his ridiculously long user name. Don't worry, it will eventually lose its humor to me. Until then make due with my ridiculous sense of humor and share some lulz with me.

He's now a GCLF meme, isn't he?

I'm afraid so my friend.  His name is just so much fun to say.
lard turd mega now to you can't touch my lawnmover! The only thing is how will we use it. Oh and who was the silly goose who edited his sig. It says My NAME IS EARL! NO IT ISN'T.
I don't recall the "NO IT ISN'T being there last time I observed his signature which wasn't that long ago.

BTW My name is Earl now! XD

Anyways I'm going to be kind to the new members and I will enforce this upon other people. If they don't obey then I'll do bad stuff to them. (just kidding but obey or you are in big trouble with me. Got it? Good!)

That was just me messing around a bit (Earl thing).

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-04-06 07:13:36
I don't think I had any trouble at all when I was new. I see some people here making mistakes constantly and other stuff, but I just ignor it unless its really annoying. If someone calls another glitch "MissingNo.", I dont care since I still know what they are talking about. On almost all previous message boards I have joined, ANYONE flaming would get a lot worse done to them than what I see here. Constant spelling mistakes seem more punishable than flaming here. I'm just used to more strict rules so the little things don't matter to me. (I'm basing this on observation only. I am not yet 100% clear every rule's detail.)

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-04-06 17:27:50
It was like that in the past, but punishments for flaming have become more strict. Shinji/CJ Miller is on moderation because he's a habitual flamer, and there isn't a problem with his grammar. Grammar alone has never been a reason to go beyond a few warnings. Usually when warned about grammar, a member will either straighten up or go to actually disruptive behavior. That behavior is what gets people banned, not grammar.

Also, another thing to remember is that around September to December 2008 the rules were completely rewritten. Since you joined in late December you probably never saw the old rules, but those rules were more comprehensive and actually allowed some forms of flaming.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-04-06 17:33:18
I propose a return to the old rules.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-06 18:28:22
No.

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-04-07 07:07:08
New members giving problems, thats a give in to be annoyed with; but the thing with getting mad at people for getting a glitch's name wrong is not always from ignorance and lack of knowlage. I had the habit of calling every glitch missingno. (only outside gen 1 though, I still called 'M, X-x and all those by "real" names) not even that long ago, and I know quite a bit about that stuff.

As long as its not completely intentional or meant to be annoying, I think it should slide since (I think) everyone knows what that person is talking about.

Side note: Someone should make an "official" sig banner for people to advertise this site on others. That might be a good way to attract more members.

Date: 2009-04-07 10:39:18
It's not the lack of new members, is the lack of politeness, hence Shinji. Axaj, can be okay but posting about glitches in my thread about my Pokemon team, was a bit silly. If I was asking how to get a bloody Q glitch, I would of gotten one years ago. I know how to get a Q, but VBA can't trade. It wouldn't kill Shinji, (other admins/mods might want to kill Shinji), to be nice to new people once and a while. I can be a bit harsh, when I'm pretty much suffering lack of sleep and I get a bit moody, at times. I like having new people here, helping them with something I know of. I can understand most calling other glitches MissingNo./'M, as I'm guessing they are unsure of the other glitches, like good old Charizard 'M, and Female Symbol. MissingNo. is a very popular glitch within the first generation, and I can understand newbies, getting Charizard 'M, confused with 'M, due to the fact Charizard 'M's name, is like 'M, with the pixels beside its name, like when you counter 'M. There's no need to be rude to the new members, if they haven't seen other glitches like most of have, then what gives you any right to call them stupid, or whatever? It doesn't. At first, when I was 7, I first encountered MissingNo. that scared me half to death, but as I got older, I was sure there was more than 'M, and MissingNo. as I look all over sites, to find out more until I came across this place 3 years ago. It's nice to have new people around here, but I'm getting fed up with the rudeness caused by either Axaj, or Shinji. For once, would it kill them just to be polite/nice?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-04-07 11:44:27
Nice guys finish last.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-07 14:07:54

Nice guys finish last.

Only because all the other people got banned or arrested by cops before they got to the finish line.

Date: 2009-04-07 14:11:47
Perhaps, Shinji if you got off your ass and be nice, you'd make friends around here. It would be nice if others started to be nice to the new members. When I first came here, 3 years ago a lot of people were nice. What the hell happened? Now we get rude people (Shinji), and it's turn this forum into an awesome glitch-forum into a flame war forum, because some people can't be nice. If Shinji, continues to be a pest, I'd say he should go back as Member-, until he behaves himself. I dunno what everyone else wants to do, but a little politeness goes a long way. Mutou Yami, is going offline, for an hour. I need some rest,  barely slept at all last night, and and I'm dead tired. So, I'll no doubt be back soon. Anyway, everyone really needs to start being nice to people, other wise something will happen.What will happen, I'm unsure but for once Shinji, be nice. You'd be surprised how much respect you'd get.