Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Discussion

Favorite Pokémon - Page 8

Re: Favorite Pokémon

Posted by: TheJuggernaut
Date: 2010-01-18 22:26:16
Charmander. Can't forget the old classics, eh?  :P

Posted by: ApoPhyS
Date: 2010-02-20 20:43:22

mainly Dragon/Ghost/Steel/Psychic types and stuff. Except Lucario. f**k that fucker.

Ditto for me. Except I love Dark and Poison-types, too, but Dragons less (because they're overhyped).

Additionally, I like Ditto, because it's actually a word. "Weird Al" Yankovic listed Ditto twice in his song "Polkamon", which was actually on the movie 2000 soundtrack. (Weird Al is awesome; you might have heard his song "Don't Download This Song", which he let people download for free on his site.)

As time goes by, I like more of the pokemon I had previously overlooked.

Darkrai is my favorite anime/movie character, with Mewtwo after.

I always had a soft spot for status, especially Sleep, because it was so simple and crippling, and the AI could never deal with it. It still can't. Gengar was my favorite in Gen I.

Jumpluff, because in an online MMO, sleep was glitched (things never woke), so I murdered with Jumpluff.

Porygon-Z, because it's the first competitive TCG deck I built, on the Redshark simulator. (the Great Encounters one, that can do 240 damage with 3 flips of heads)

Favorite human character: Imakuni? ("a strange creature not listed in the Pokedex." xD )

He's in the TCG version as a character, and as a card. He's also a real person, who illustrated most of the Japanese joke cards and some of the regular ones.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-02-21 09:36:57

mainly Dragon/Ghost/Steel/Psychic types and stuff. Except Lucario. f**k that fucker.

Ditto for me. Except I love Dark and Poison-types, too, but Dragons less (because they're overhyped).

Additionally, I like Ditto, because it's actually a word. "Weird Al" Yankovic listed Ditto twice in his song "Polkamon", which was actually on the movie 2000 soundtrack. (Weird Al is awesome; you might have heard his song "Don't Download This Song", which he let people download for free on his site.)

As time goes by, I like more of the pokemon I had previously overlooked.

Darkrai is my favorite anime/movie character, with Mewtwo after.

I always had a soft spot for status, especially Sleep, because it was so simple and crippling, and the AI could never deal with it. It still can't. Gengar was my favorite in Gen I.

Jumpluff, because in an online MMO, sleep was glitched (things never woke), so I murdered with Jumpluff.

Porygon-Z, because it's the first competitive TCG deck I built, on the Redshark simulator. (the Great Encounters one, that can do 240 damage with 3 flips of heads)

Favorite human character: Imakuni? ("a strange creature not listed in the Pokedex." xD )

He's in the TCG version as a character, and as a card. He's also a real person, who illustrated most of the Japanese joke cards and some of the regular ones.

I like Jumpluff too, although he is Under-Used he is really quite effective because of a high base speed and the moves Sleep Powder, Substitute and Leech Seed. If the opponent Pokémon is slower nothing can really beat it, except if the opponent wakes up on the first turn or has a first priority move such as Ice Shard, or if the opponent Pokémon is a Grass type because Leech Seed would not affect it and Jumpluff's base attack and special attack aren't the best.

You can probably guess what my favourite Pokémon is, but except for Torchic I also like Yanma.

Posted by: Sonikku1011
Date: 2010-03-29 20:46:37
As much as I love dark types, surprisingly my favorite PKMN of all time is Dialga. I love my Dialga. <3

Posted by: Reimoni
Date: 2010-04-09 10:16:44
favorites from each Gen.
1st Gen.: Magikarp (yes I know, its odd and weired for someone to like it)
2nd Gen.: Delibird
3rd Gen.: Mudkip
4th Gen.: Spiritomb

Temp. Fave till gen. V: Delibird

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-04-11 13:43:57
My current favorite of all time is Dunsparce.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2010-04-19 15:03:23
Venonat, by all means.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-04 04:57:33
@VaeporSage: Do you believe Venomoth and Butterfree's sprites got mixed?

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2010-05-05 19:37:41
Aggron

It has a kickass cry like a barreling train, has high defense, can learn multiple moves of different types, and it looks like it would be a great companion in real-life.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-05-07 02:34:11

Aggron

It has a kickass cry like a barreling train, has high defense, can learn multiple moves of different types, and it looks like it would be a great companion in real-life.

I like Aggron too, I'm raising one for my Trick Room team the funny thing is that he can learn Aqua Tail now in HG/SS. I could imagine my opponent DC'ing.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-05-23 14:54:46
I officially decided Charizard is one of my favorite pokemon, along with Pikachu. I need to make a list :|

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-05-23 14:59:53
I'd have to say any pokemon with Hypnosis and Dream Eater. Besides that, if it comes to specifics, Charizard, Typhlosion, Swampert, Rayquaza, and Giratina (Origin Forme).

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2010-06-20 18:30:39
I am a great fan of Steelix, I don't know why , but when I saw this pokémon for the first time I was like (What a crazy badass pokemon!

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2012-08-25 22:15:33
I don't care what anyone says, Meganium is, and forever will be, my eternal bro <3

Posted by: Rsrdaman
Date: 2012-09-06 20:35:16
3TrainerPoké, its colors are awesome and it has super glitch.  ;D