Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Project Trainer Dex - Page 2

Re: Project Trainer Dex

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-04 12:31:20
I also need pictures to sprite out the trainers, maybe Mutou Yami could get the pictures, or you could Guy.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-01-04 12:38:25
Well, here's Chief.
Edit: Aaaaaaand Prof. Oak.

Date: 2008-01-04 12:42:28
Thanx Guy, I'll put all of the info that is collected into the beginning of this thread.

Date: 2008-01-04 12:56:11
I took this out of guy's picture:

Date: 2008-01-04 13:00:36

I took this out of guy's picture:
Hmm, well, it isn't really a trainer on its own, just a glitch infected version of this:
[attached]

Date: 2008-01-04 13:02:46
True, but we need as much data as we can find.

Date: 2008-01-04 13:04:33

True, but we need as much data as we can find.
But we have no need for it though.

Date: 2008-01-04 13:08:07
Fine, I'll take it off…

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-04 17:40:32
Please use SGB sprites since there is no need for greyscale sprites now that we know we can get colored sprites.  If you are doing a trainer dex, use the glitch trainers from the old man trick first and then get the ones you can't get with the old man trick with an encounter code.  For name changes and party and HM/TM/badge mods use glitchcity's main site's gameshark list if needed.  If the color is part of the encounter with the trainer *pokes pink Lorelei* use that sprite and make the background white since white looks better with the main site. (I think I sound naggy here :\)

Date: 2008-01-04 18:46:46
Okay, but I'm still keeping the data that we have for later.

BTW, would it be OK if this was stickied by someone please?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-01-05 14:16:31
Topic stickied.

Although glitch trainers can have any team, I've noticed that some teams are more common than others for certain trainers. I'll list the ones I've gotten for ZZAZZ.

HEX 251:

Name: a bunch of garbled junk.

Sprite: Varies. Always garbled.

Known Teams : Glitcherino Level 0, Omastar Level 0, M    p'u[][Japanese Symbol] Lv. 0, Nidorino Level 0, Chansey Lv. 0, Clefairy Lv. 0

Notes: ZZAZZ trainer/Death Trainer. Lv.0 Team CAN be beaten without freezing, assuming you have only three Pokemon in your party. Also, when you face off against this trainer, you will either face off against his Glitcherino again, and you'll be able to beat him again, or he'll send out an unbeatable Charizard M that freezes your game when its turn comes. There is a fair chance (about 1 in 3) that encountering this glitch trainer will cause you to go to a glitchy trade center instead of battle.

HEX: 255

Name: (garbled junk) 14 S (garbled junk)

Sprite: Varies. Always garbled

Known Teams: Charizard M (PSN/BRN)

Notes: ZZAZZ Trainer/Death Trainer. Charizard CAN be beaten, but following that he will send out his next Pokemon (which is fainted), which will be the unbeatable 147 Charizard M.

These are just the teams that I've encountered with ZZAZZ, and I have not checked HEX 252 or 254 for their teams yet. Anyone who has seen other teams with these Death Trainers, feel free to mention the teams and anything else you think would be helpful or interesting.

Date: 2008-01-05 16:24:48
Thank you for the info + stickieing this.

Date: 2008-01-06 05:41:45
Trainers can have any team possibly, but just so you know we're just doing Old Man/Ditto teams. Apparently that's all so far, so good.

Date: 2008-01-06 16:44:38
[offtopic] change your name back to guy [/offtopic]

Posted by: glitchcityscientist9.65 B
Date: 2008-01-13 12:41:49
I'm totally with you on this. after all glitch trainers are glitch pokemon too. Welllll sorta anyways