Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Project Trainer Dex - Page 3

Re: Project Trainer Dex

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-13 15:37:53
Glad to hear it, got any info yourself (sorry if I'm being pushy)?

Posted by: glitchcityscientist9.65 B
Date: 2008-01-18 20:33:32
Yeah I do. There is a game called pokemon Aqua (japan version of blue I think.) this guy walks into the pokemon tower and finds a black-belt with an assortment of mewtwo and missingno (level forty or something.)  :P 

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-18 20:37:38
Japanese version of Blue? Never heard of that one. Back then, There was Red, Blue, and Green, but Red, became more popular, then Green, so Green stayed in Japan, never to be released in English. I can look it up, but there's a high chance, it could be a fake, or just a fake rumor.

Date: 2008-01-18 20:37:40
Where's the proof? (sorry if I sound rude)

EDIT: late post

Date: 2008-01-18 20:42:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVP9rTtvdv4 a rip off of blue

Date: 2008-01-18 20:43:53
If there was a Japanese Blue, I would of seen it, on the site, where I got my VBA Pokemon games, from. I got Japanese Crystal, and Green, but not a Japanese Blue. Okay, so fake.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2008-01-19 06:37:47
Yes, there is a Japanese Blue, but it is extremely rare, as it is limited edition. It uses the sprites later used in the English games.

Date: 2008-01-19 06:49:03
Awesome. Love, to get a hold of that, and see how the glitches, do on that.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-19 09:16:25
There's also Japanese Red and possibly Yellow named as something else.

Date: 2008-01-19 09:32:31
Pocket Monsters Pokemon Reddo Version, Pocket Monsters Pokemon Buru Version, Pocket Monsters Pokemon Ixero Version, I'm sure is what they'd say. Guri-n - Green Buru - Blue Reddo - Red Ixero - Yellow.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-20 13:08:32

Yeah I do. There is a game called pokemon Aqua (japan version of blue I think.) this guy walks into the pokemon tower and finds a black-belt with an assortment of mewtwo and missingno (level forty or something.)  :P  

Pokemon Aqua is a hack.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-01-20 14:38:45

Pokemon Aqua is a hack.
Or a really bad illegal copy that fails to correctly read trainer data due to editing and dumper rebranding. I did battle a trainer with the Old Man Trick which had Mewtwo, Flareon, MissingNo, Another MissingNo and a Nidorino all level 40.

In Japan, Pocket Monsters was first released as Pocket Monsters Aka (ポケットモンスター 赤,  "Pocket Monsters Red") and Pocket Monsters Midori (ポケットモンスター 緑, "Pocket Monsters Green") while Red and Blue were released in other parts of the world. In Japan, Pocket Monsters Ao (ポケットモンスター 青, "Pocket Monsters Blue"), with improved graphics as opposed to the older first-generation games, was released after the original Aka and Midori. It contained Pok?mon that could be found in places not originally in the Aka and Midori versions. An example is that Ditto was added to the Rock Tunnel. Also, Unknown Dungeon was totally redesigned, and its layout was used by the Red and Blue versions.

Although "Pok?mon Green" was never released outside of Japan, Pok?mon Blue is based on Pocket Monsters Ao's engine and graphics, with Pocket Monsters Midori's wild and trade Pok?mon. Similarly for Pok?mon Red, it too was based on Pocket Monsters Ao's engine and graphics, with Pocket Monsters Aka's wild and trade Pok?mon.

Date: 2008-01-20 14:50:06
Hmm. Sorry, my Japanese, isn't all that strong. XD But, interesting, information, there. Also, could it be, that Green, is glitch free? I've tried the Old Man, trick and it doesn't work.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-01-20 15:27:16
It isn't glitch free, you can do the ditto trick, as well as swap pokemon moves with items and other minor bugs.

Date: 2008-01-20 15:54:12
Awesome. Ditto trick? I've heard the Mew trick, and I can still remember, how that works, out.