Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Dead Red cartridge .. - Page 3

Re: Dead Red cartridge ..

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-04-20 12:16:01

For me, (who does not have that version), can you give us a picture, of some sort?

If you're talking about my Red, i'm obliging now ! I'm just charging up my GBASP and the video camera, then i'll stick a youtube video up.

UPDATE 1: i'm uploading the video to youtube now.

UPDATE 2: Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3okPpug4aMg
You can see "Trainer9>" better in this.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-20 17:20:19
That could be a song.
*DA DA DA DA!* *Snorlax cry*

Date: 2009-04-30 08:55:47
Right. After trying everything i can I have officially confirmed the cart is dead. I will keep it as I like the glitchy music however. :)

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-04-30 16:33:09
You meant you're not having a funeral? *shot* :D

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-30 16:49:06
That's one fucked up cartridge. I'm guessing far too many codes, is the cause. My late brother, had a problem, with his Crystal, when he didn't use cheats after he had to restart, and when he went to help Lance, stop the noise, there Electrode, were not there, even though he restarted and cleared his game more than once. When it was working they reappeared. So, I guess too many codes can fuck up a game.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-04-30 17:38:45
Using Gameshark codes indiscriminately can indeed corrupt the save file. If that is the case, replacing the battery will fix the problem (and wipe any existing save, of course).

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-04-30 17:43:34
OH GOD A MOUTH BREATHER

Date: 2009-05-01 11:51:07

That's one fucked up cartridge. I'm guessing far too many codes, is the cause.

I never used xploderlite codes on that cart, but the previous owner might have (pokedex was complete).

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-01 15:18:59
We have to know one thing, was the game used, or new when you bought it?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-05-01 18:26:04
Pre-owned games, half the time will get them who used codes. The Pokemon Red, my brother got had a MissingNo. on it.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-05-01 18:43:55

Pre-owned games, half the time will get them who used codes. The Pokemon Red, my brother got had a MissingNo. on it.

You mean glitches, right?

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-05-03 06:17:52

Using Gameshark codes indiscriminately can indeed corrupt the save file. If that is the case, replacing the battery will fix the problem (and wipe any existing save, of course).

I'm pretty sure he already tried that.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-05-03 10:31:13
Ah, I hadn?t caught that.

Date: 2009-05-03 13:48:22
yeah a friend of a friend gave it to me and codes probably had been used on that, but never after I got the game.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-05-05 18:50:02
Well, I know how you feel, as my beloved Gold game finally gave up the ghost as well.