Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokémon Bank Generation I transfer experiments - Page 1

Pokémon Bank Generation I transfer experiments

Posted by: MarcBrightside
Date: 2017-01-24 21:41:30
Not sure if this belongs in the Gen 1 thread, but I can confirm that attempting to transfer 'M (hex: 00) through the Transporter will morph it into a Charizard 'M (hex: FF) on its return to the original file. Doing so also shuffled around some of the names of the Pokemon following its place in Box 1 - my Exeggutor came into Moon nicknamed 'EXEGGCUTE' and my Exeggcute nicknamed 'KRABBY'.

I'll continue exploring this one for a while, see if anything else noteworthy comes up.

EDIT #1: Glitch hybrids, sadly, don't seem to go through. I tried L ||M 4 (hex: C6) and $ 6 (hex: FD), but no joy. Pure glitch Pokemon, unsurprisingly, don't register. Tried hiding them with Charizard 'M's cancel-exploit but that didn't achieve anything.

EDIT #2: The move legality checker has been significantly improved, to the point where it's either very hard or impossible to bypass.

Re: Pokémon Bank Generation I transfer experiments

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2017-01-24 21:50:27
I hear that Mew only transfer with OT: GF and ID: 22796.

How long before 8F/ws m payload for that?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2017-01-24 22:33:31
You can just start a new game naming yourself GF, expand your pack, make your item 30 quantity 89 and change item 31 to Burn Heal.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-01-25 07:37:40

You can just start a new game naming yourself GF, expand your pack, make your item 30 quantity 89 and change item 31 to Burn Heal.

I want to know if this actually works.

The real UK Mew has its nickname and OT name padded with 00 (blank) before being terminated by 50 at the end of the maximum name length, so it might actually check for those null characters. I don't know about the Japanese Mew.

EDIT: theSLAYER of Project Pokémon has confirmed that the 00 characters are not needed to be recognized as legal. So yes, this method would work.

Posted by: shatteredClockworks
Date: 2017-01-25 08:15:59
I don't have Pokemon bank.
I use PKSM's bank function.

I'm such a bootleg.
But if the banks can communicate with Gen 1 VC (R/B/Y), does that mean you can smuggle a Missingno. in? ( I don't have the official one)
How cool could that be?
:XD:

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-01-25 08:50:44
DID SOMEBODY SAY WIZARD 8F ?

1. Obtain 8F
2. Set up your party like so :

Mew
Pidgey with 233 current HP (I recommend getting it at level 1 through TFly then leveling it up, and using as many HP Ups as needed)
Parasect
Onix
Tentacool
Arbok (can be obtained via TFly even if not playing Red)

3. Setup your item pack like so :

8F
Any item x89
Dire Hit x58
Iron x37
X Accuracy x119
Water Stone x62
Burn Heal x50
Poké Ball x43
Antidote x43
Protein x62
PP Up x60
Ice Heal x50
Lemonade x133
Great Ball x50
Fresh Water x34
TM01 x[any qty]

4. Use 8F
5. Transfer 100% legit Mew !!!1

Hex dump, paste while having an empty bag (paste starting at $D31D) :

105D0101593A3A25252E77223E0C32042B0B2B243E4F3C0D323E8503323C22C901FF

Code :

ldd a, [hl] ; hl = $D321, 2nd item qty
ldd a, [hl] ; a = $59
dec h
dec h ; hl = $D122
ld l, $77 ; hl = $D177
ldi [hl], a ; hl = $D178
ld a, $0C
ldd [hl], a ; hl = $D177
inc b ; padding
dec hl ; hl = $D176
dec bc ; padding
dec hl ; hl = $D175
inc h ; hl = $D275
ld a, $4F
inc a ; a = $50, string terminator
dec c
ldd [hl], a
ld a, 'F' ; $85
inc bc ; padding
ldd [hl], a
inc a
ldi [hl], a
ret

(TID = $590C big-endian, "GF" is $86,$85,$50)
Someone should try, might be refused if original Trainer name was not 1 or 2 characters long.
SnorlaxMonster corrected me.

I must say…  this is way too big. This setup makes the correct data be displayed (see attached pic for a modified Charmander) but if anyone can make it smaller… it would be cool.

Posted by: MarcBrightside
Date: 2017-01-25 09:37:15
Also, for anyone who doesn't already know (and cares), the natures of the transferred Pokemon are determined by their current experience:

Posted by: MarcinTVP8
Date: 2017-01-25 10:09:41
I'm not sure it belongs to Gen I thread.

Can someone try transfer MISSINGNO. or other glitch Pokémon to Gen VII?

I'm impatiently waiting for the results of the transfer!

PS You can try to transfer any glitch Pokémon in Gen I.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-25 11:06:01
From what I heard, it blocks it and causes nickname shifting.

Posted by: MarcinTVP8
Date: 2017-01-25 11:14:10
But how it blocks it?

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-25 11:55:07
It just rejects it. That's it.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2017-01-25 14:47:20
Same thing happens when you try to transfer a Mew, caught via the Mew glitch, to the Gen VII games. It just rejects it.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-01-25 15:08:39

Not sure if this belongs in the Gen 1 thread, but I can confirm that attempting to transfer 'M (hex: 00) through the Transporter will morph it into a Charizard 'M (hex: FF) on its return to the original file. Doing so also shuffled around some of the names of the Pokemon following its place in Box 1 - my Exeggutor came into Moon nicknamed 'EXEGGCUTE' and my Exeggcute nicknamed 'KRABBY'.

I'll continue exploring this one for a while, see if anything else noteworthy comes up.

EDIT #1: Glitch hybrids, sadly, don't seem to go through. I tried L ||M 4 (hex: C6) and $ 6 (hex: FD), but no joy. Pure glitch Pokemon, unsurprisingly, don't register. Tried hiding them with Charizard 'M's cancel-exploit but that didn't achieve anything.

Cool find! This could save you from transferring Q from Yellow or having to use CoolTrainer/LG to get 'M (FF). Can you elaborate on this please? I have my box as Pidgey, 'M (00), Ninetales, Articuno (with the intention of getting 'M 00 transform into 'M (FF) and getting 'Alolan Ninetales') and Transfer detected a problem in the the box but after going back to the original file I still seemed to have an 'M (00).

Edit: Ah, it was trying to transfer box 1. I'll put my Pokémon in that box and try again.

Edit 2: I set up my box 'M (00), Ninetales, Articuno, Tentacool and did a transfer.

The game kept 'M (00) in my box but I ended up with these Pokémon, neat!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/MJCtDB4.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/XyzWzrY.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/tu8v9kj.png[/img]

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-01-25 15:50:33
I just tried to transfer an 'M (00) and got a pseudo-hybridization effect in the Pokétransporter as screenshotted here:

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7799.msg203915#msg203915

MarcBrightside talked about it becoming 'M (FF) but after refusing to transport them 'M (00) was left how it was.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2017-01-25 16:38:19
I actually posted about this glitch in the Sun and Moon topic before this topic was created. :P I should have made a topic but eh. And yep, 'M also did that to me so now I got a Venonat named " M ", Hitmonchan named "DITTO" (since I caught that Ditto at level 0 after catching 'M and the Ditto didn't get transferred), and since my Venonat was originally named "KILLERMOTH" my Ponyta which was next in the box is now named "KILLERMOTH". :V