Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokémon Bank Generation I transfer experiments - Page 2

Re: Pokémon Bank Generation I transfer experiments

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-01-25 17:08:40

I actually posted about this glitch in the Sun and Moon topic before this topic was created. :P I should have made a topic but eh. And yep, 'M also did that to me so now I got a Venonat named " M ", Hitmonchan named "DITTO" (since I caught that Ditto at level 0 after catching 'M and the Ditto didn't get transferred), and since my Venonat was originally named "KILLERMOTH" my Ponyta which was next in the box is now named "KILLERMOTH". :V

Oh cool! :)

I have some extra information. Do this with one Pokémon, 'M (00) and 18 other Pokémon. After transferring your box you can withdraw from your box on Red/Blue to pick up a Cancel which is actually a Charizard 'M (FF)!

After withdrawing it:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GxUIAon.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/xuEejCL.png[/img]

So you should be able to use this to obtain 'M (FF), unless it only works once but since the end terminator would be for Pokémon 21 (if its related to that) you can probably do it infinite times.

Edit: This Pokémon is a hybrid between 'M (FF) and 'M (00) and taking it into the Day Care would convert it back to 'M (00).
Edit 2: I dumped my save file and this 'M (FF)'s name bytes are 50 87 98 83 8e 8d 50 50 50 50 50. The bytes starting from 87 read HYDON, which is probably part of Rhydon's name who was in the box before it.

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2017-01-25 17:09:24
There are actually a lot of things that need to be tested here.
- Trying to transfer a box with more than 20 Pokemon
- Trying to transfer a box without an 0xFF terminator
- Transferring glitch Pokemon and/or hybrids
- Transferring Pokemon with levels over 100 and level 0
- How are invalid characters handled in nicknames and OT names?
- Transferring glitch moves and transferring a Cooltrainer Ditto
- Transferring invalid combinations of moves, like Exploding Bulbasaurs, Crabhammer Charizards and Surfing Pikachus
- Transferring Pokemon with underflowed PP
- Transferring Pokemon with multiple status conditions (frozen burn and so on)

Date: 2017-01-25 17:28:13

There are actually a lot of things that need to be tested here.
- Trying to transfer a box with more than 20 Pokemon
- Trying to transfer a box without an 0xFF terminator
- Transferring glitch Pokemon and/or hybrids
- Transferring Pokemon with levels over 100 and level 0
- How are invalid characters handled in nicknames and OT names?
- Transferring glitch moves and transferring a Cooltrainer Ditto
- Transferring invalid combinations of moves, like Exploding Bulbasaurs, Crabhammer Charizards and Surfing Pikachus
- Transferring Pokemon with underflowed PP
- Transferring Pokemon with multiple status conditions (frozen burn and so on)

Ah, I can test all of these maybe tomorrow.

What happened with 'M (00) is that the invalid characters were replaced with blank spaces. Additionally none of the Pokémon after having their nickname shifted with 'M (00) had invalid moves, which makes me wonder whether the game changed them to be valid moves or if the shifting only affects the nicknames.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-25 19:18:18
Considering Gen 1 had 256 possible moves and Gen 7 has… well, I won't be able to play it for at least another 3 years due to lack of system AND lack of money, I have no idea, but it's probably a metric f***ton ANYWAY… there's a valid move for every single index (except maybe 0h) so the invalid moves are being "replaced" (equivalency for the win!) with their valid Gen 2 (..?) counterparts.

Posted by: MarcBrightside
Date: 2017-01-25 19:23:10
Tried transferring a 8F-ed Pikachu with Surf and a Kangaskhan with Fly (inherited from 'M) earlier, didn't work. I'm going to try a Ditto with the Cooltrainer move but I don't expect great results.

Date: 2017-01-25 19:59:53
I've been doing some more research for a video. I noticed a Level 5 Ditto didn't make it through (due to being underleveled maybe??). Furthermore I had several glitch Pokémon that weren't Hex:00 or MissingNo. and they didn't cause the name shift glitch.

I set up a box with one Pokémon, 3TrainerPoké and 18 other Pokémon in Yellow and the results were the same as Red/Blue; so you can do this to get a Q (FF) in Yellow too but I didn't know if you can do it with MissingNo. yet.

I got a Q (FF)/3TrainerPoké (00) hybrid with no moves. The 3TrainerPoké had 'no nickname' and appeared with no nickname (probably because you can't input 3 and Trainer, Poké are actually control characters).

I stabilized the Q (FF) into 3TrainerPoké and tried it out in battle. Sadly it used Struggle instead of enabling CoolTrainer glitch. I dumped my save file like before and its name is a 50 character hidden before IDGEY  (88 83 86 84 98) probably because Pidgey was the Pokémon before it.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2017-01-25 20:04:02
Ditto with the Cooltrainer move cannot be transferred. A Ditto at level 1 will also be blocked by the app, because you can't breed a Ditto to get a Ditto after all. So you're not supposed to be able to obtain a level 1 Ditto. Likewise, Pokemon such as Kagaskhan will blocked as well if it knows Flying type moves as it's not supposed to know those moves. I caught a 'M, and evolved it to test this out. I've found another interesting glitch, if the Pokemon next to an invalid Pokemon isn't nicknamed, it's name will show up as it does in Sun and Moon. (Say for example you had a Raticate named "RATICATE" that you wanted to transfer over, and had a invalid Ditto named Ditto, "RATICATE" will change to "Raticate" rather than having the nickname/name swap glitch occur.) I'm assuming hybrids will not be able to be transferred as well, since again it'll show up as invalid. Finally Pokemon can be transferred if they are over level 100, but will automatically be dropped down to level 100 when you go to check it's stats in Pokemon Bank.

Date: 2017-01-25 20:06:23

Ditto with the Cooltrainer move cannot be transferred. A Ditto at level 1 will also be blocked by the app, because you can't breed a Ditto to get a Ditto after all. So you're not supposed to be able to obtain a level 1 Ditto. Likewise, Pokemon such as Kagaskhan will blocked as well if it knows Flying type moves as it's not supposed to know those moves. I caught a 'M, and evolved it to test this out. I've found another interesting glitch, if the Pokemon next to an invalid Pokemon isn't nicknamed, it's name will show up as it does in Sun and Moon. (Say for example you had a Raticate named "RATICATE" that you wanted to transfer over, and had a invalid Ditto named Ditto, "RATICATE" will change to "Raticate" rather than having the nickname/name swap glitch occur.) I'm assuming hybrids will not be able to be transferred as well, since again it'll show up as invalid. Finally Pokemon can be transferred if they are over level 100, but will automatically be dropped down to level 100 when you go to check it's stats in Pokemon Bank.

Thanks for the research!

Date: 2017-01-25 20:50:03
I decided to release everything in my box 1 but then set the number of Pokémon in box value to 255. This gave me a box full (20; not 30) of Level 9 Spearow. Very strange, I don't have a level 9 Spearow anywhere. O.o

There is nothing wrong with the Spearow though. Wonder what will happen if I try to transfer again.
Edit: "No Pokémon found" for the next transfer.
Edit 2: I probably did have a level 9 Spearow at some point because its OT is YELLOW and moves are Peck, Growl, Leer, Fly which are normal looking. Their nicknames are also still "Spearow".
Edit 3: After dumping the save it indeed took away 20 from the box. This left the box with 235 Pokémon.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2017-01-25 21:53:27
Has anyone tried transferring a Pokemon obtained from this glitch? I'm not quite sure of the name but I'm curious to see if Pokemon obtained from that glitch will transfer, since, outside of being obtained in an illegal location, they have legal movesets and stats.

I'd do it myself but unfortunately I haven't been able to catch the Gengar that pops up. :(

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2017-01-25 22:07:01
The following 8F code can be used to make anything you transfer shiny (sorry for the shitty formatting, I don't know these forums very well).

any item (any #), 8F, Lemonade x170 (AA in Hex), X Acc x178/177, Carbos x218, Pokeball x119, Fresh Water x201.

Put the Pokemon you want to make Shiny in the current box, then use 8F with 178x X Acc, then toss one and use it again. What this does is sets the atk/def/spc/spe DVs to 10, which makes it shiny on transfer. I didn't make this, just edited a code Chickasaurus had on the sticky.

Date: 2017-01-25 23:39:30

Has anyone tried transferring a Pokemon obtained from this glitch? I'm not quite sure of the name but I'm curious to see if Pokemon obtained from that glitch will transfer, since, outside of being obtained in an illegal location, they have legal movesets and stats.

I'd do it myself but unfortunately I haven't been able to catch the Gengar that pops up. :(

I imagine this should work but haven't tried it yet so will let you know if it does. :)

The location as far as I know doesn't matter; I caught many level 100 Pokémon in a Pokémon Center with 01xx58D0, saved the game (and injected the Game Boy save into my 3DS) and they transferred over.

The glitch is called experience underflow glitch and occurs because level 1 Pokémon with the medium-slow growth rate have a negative amount of experience due to the algorithm: (6/5n^3)-(15n^2)+100n-140.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-01-26 03:39:39
Has anyone tried to see if Transporter allows duplicate moves? You could get Kangaskhan or Clefairy with Water Gun twice (it's a legal move for both of them) by evolving them from 'M (00). Obviously you would need to replace any of 'M's moves they can't normally learn.

Posted by: Unused Trainer
Date: 2017-01-26 04:19:34
Nice finding!

Date: 2017-01-26 04:44:03

Has anyone tried to see if Transporter allows duplicate moves? You could get Kangaskhan or Clefairy with Water Gun twice (it's a legal move for both of them) by evolving them from 'M (00). Obviously you would need to replace any of 'M's moves they can't normally learn.

Good question. I caught a level 80 'M and evolved it into a level 81 Kangaskhan with a Rare Candy, and taught it Strength, Surf, replacing Sky Attack with Strength so it knows Water Gun, Water Gun, Strength, Surf.

I tried to transfer it but the game said "Attention! There is at least one Pokémon in the Box that cannot be sent. A problem has been detected with one of the Pokémon. Sorry. The problematic Pokémon cannot be sent. Any Pokémon that could not be transported have been removed from the Transport Box." Upon withdrawing it again it changed to level 61 so I fixed its glitched HP, deposited it back in box 1 and tried again but got the same error message.

Later I replaced the second Water Gun with Mega Punch (so that it knows Water Gun, Mega Punch, Strength, Surf) and it worked. So it seems the answer is Poké Transporter does detect duplicate moves and the two Water Guns were responsible for Kangaskhan not getting through.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/8vtGhht.png[/img]