Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Pokémon Bank Generation I transfer experiments - Page 4

Re: Pokémon Bank Generation I transfer experiments

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2017-01-31 14:17:29

If there are any 2- or 3- letter filtered words, this might open the route for a buffer overflow.

Do we have a list of all those "censored" words ?

In the "0" text file, which I assume is english, there's:

c0k
cok
fag
fap
fuk
jiz
nig
nob
sex
vag
vaj
wog
wtf
yid

my personal favourite from that list is 'funbags', quite honestly. [size=1pt]or nig-nog or chickswithdicks or bumchum or…bbwjja[/size]

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-02-01 05:28:25

If there are any 2- or 3- letter filtered words, this might open the route for a buffer overflow.

Do we have a list of all those "censored" words ?

In the "0" text file, which I assume is english, there's:

c0k
cok
fag
fap
fuk
jiz
nig
nob
sex
vag
vaj
wog
wtf
yid

my personal favourite from that list is 'funbags', quite honestly. [size=1pt]or nig-nog or chickswithdicks or bumchum or…bbwjja[/size]

Maybe upload the whole text file with all censored words? I really want it.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2017-02-01 09:04:21

As of 11 months ago, these are the lists. Note that they are regular expressions, not simply a list of words. However, it can change with every 3DS firmware update, so that list may be out-of-date now.

The list for Generation V is hard-coded into games though (since the DS doesn't have a built-in word filter like the 3DS does), which gives us this wonderful list.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-02-01 12:28:55

As of 11 months ago, these are the lists. Note that they are regular expressions, not simply a list of words. However, it can change with every 3DS firmware update, so that list may be out-of-date now.

The list for Generation V is hard-coded into games though (since the DS doesn't have a built-in word filter like the 3DS does), which gives us this wonderful list.

Looked at the reddit post, and in "0.txt" how the f*ck are domain names on here?
.*g.*
.*disney\.ne\.jp.*
.*docomo\.ne\.jp.*
.*emnet\.ne\.jp.*
.*ezweb\.ne\.jp.*
.*gmail\.com.*
.*hotmail\.co\.jp.*
.*i\.softbank\.jp.*
.*softbank\.ne\.jp.*
.*willcom\.com.*
.*xxne\.jp.*
.*yahoo\.co\.jp.*

and "badword" is on the list as well, wat?

Date: 2017-02-02 00:07:55
I've made a list of things that I think should still be tested:

Date: 2017-07-20 12:58:22
Apparently Mewtwo can now be transferred with Pay Day. I don't know when this change occurred.

Date: 2017-09-09 01:01:02
The latest Poké Transporter patch apparently fixes the Shiny check to match Gen II, and also makes gender dependent on DVs in the same way as Gen II.

It would be worthwhile double-checking that the issue for unnicknamed Mr. Mime and French Pokémon with diacritics or ligatures in their names are still present.

Date: 2017-09-23 02:13:47
In the Japanese versions of the Generation II games, there are several characters that you can now enter in nicknames/OTs that you couldn't before (the kana / , small vowel katakana, question mark, and exclamation mark).

If you put these characters in a Pokémon's nickname or OT, you can trade it back to Gen I and send it to Bank using Transporter. However, Game Freak forgot to support all of them.

/ are handled properly and appear in the nickname in Gen VII as well. However, it turns out that ! and ? are instead just ignored and converted to spaces. This is not an issue in the European language games, where the question and exclamation mark characters can normally be entered in Generation I and II, so they convert properly.

Posted by: jfb1337
Date: 2017-10-16 10:06:51
What happens if I transfer a pokemon with numbers in its nickname?

Posted by: AlmightyWalrus
Date: 2017-11-13 17:13:28
Is there any way of getting underlevelled Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres/Mewtwo through the Pokébank? I know you can get, for example, a level 7 Zapdos and level it up to at least 50 and it'll transfer just fine, but is there any way to circumvent the level checking to get a bird or Mewtwo through at lower levels than 50/70?