Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Celebi glitch/easter egg - Page 2

Re: Celebi glitch/easter egg

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-03-24 21:25:25

When does locke get ungrounded? I'm still waiting for that proof…

He was grounded for nine weeks, starting March 16.

And Izz could provide whatever proof Locke can, if it involves Elitemap.

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-04-14 12:42:58

Sure about that think i got a screenshot could be fake it say's:Wild 'M Appeared! but i think it's 100% fake but, what about the think the circle with a ? in side and the name ???????? gender Male Symbol/Female Symbol?

Who are you, Ultra EX?

I have the picture he's talking about, and it IS fake.

Back on topic, I think the Celebi Glitch is a programming oversight or a glitch itself. Route 123 is a place where the programmers put Pokemon in, as is with any other Route, but the programmer made a miscalculation, and maybe tried to cover it up by making it incredibly rare to find. (lazy programmer…;D) 
[move]THIS IS JUST A THEORY.[/move]

Posted by: Master_M
Date: 2006-04-15 17:01:12

Sure about that think i got a screenshot could be fake it say's:Wild 'M Appeared! but i think it's 100% fake but, what about the think the circle with a ? in side and the name ???????? gender Male Symbol/Female Symbol?

Who are you, Ultra EX?

Back on topic, I think the Celebi Glitch is a programming oversight or a glitch itself. Route 123 is a place where the programmers put Pokemon in, as is with any other Route, but the programmer made a miscalculation, and maybe tried to cover it up by making it incredibly rare to find. (lazy programmer…;D) 

EXACTLY!!!!!!  I think it was an oversight.  Now that he mentions it, changing the chances of its appearence would be ALOT easier than getting rid of it.

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-15 20:33:22
I personally am not believing anything at all until someone cracks the game open in a hex editor and gives solid, concrete evidence to prove/disprove these theories. I'm not one to take leaps of faith, as more often than not, I land flat on my behind.

Date: 2006-04-16 20:29:19
I didn't say I could prove it, Robjoe.

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-19 16:10:33
I wasn't neccesarily talking to you, just people in general. I'm staying neutral until I see fit to believe one way or the other, and would advise others to do the same.
I wanna know, what is known about R/S/E's inner workings? What are the chances of someone actually checking this out in the ROM's coding?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-04-21 21:20:27
I was saying advancemap, but elitemap is okay too. Izz, get to it.

Posted by: Izwzyzx
Date: 2006-04-22 10:16:22

Who are you, Ultra EX?

EXACTLY!!!!!!  I think it was an oversight.  Now that he mentions it, changing the chances of its appearence would be ALOT easier than getting rid of it.

But you can see the wild pokemon on a route with Elitemap's "bewildered" program, and Celebi isn't there.

Date: 2006-04-22 17:22:36

I wasn't neccesarily talking to you, just people in general. I'm staying neutral until I see fit to believe one way or the other, and would advise others to do the same.
I wanna know, what is known about R/S/E's inner workings? What are the chances of someone actually checking this out in the ROM's coding?

Ehe, Sorry. :P Everyone has their own opinion.

Date: 2006-04-23 20:32:33

Who are you, Ultra EX?

But you can see the wild pokemon on a route with Elitemap's "bewildered" program, and Celebi isn't there.
and that's all the proof I need.

Date: 2006-04-23 20:43:25

Who are you, Ultra EX?

Mew doesn't appear anywhere when you use Pokemap to view Pokemon Red's maps, but you can find it. :-/

Date: 2006-04-25 10:02:38

Who are you, Ultra EX?

Mew doesn't appear anywhere when you use Pokemap to view Pokemon Red's maps, but you can find it. :-/
no, you can't. not technically, since you must cause a string of misplaced data to be set up in a certain way.

Date: 2006-04-30 01:37:19
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I don't want an explanation.

Date: 2006-04-30 02:14:10

Who are you, Ultra EX?

no, you can't. not technically, since you must cause a string of misplaced data to be set up in a certain way.

How do you know Celebi isn't triggered in the same manner?

Date: 2006-04-30 02:59:37
Because there is no way to cause this abnormalty in the new games, the new coding does not allow the freezing of the battle in a route by way of escaping a trainer. (go on ahead and try to find the method in the new games, because I say it's hopeless. But don't allow me to stop you. If you find it, go on ahead and list me as the skeptic.)