Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Celebi glitch/easter egg - Page 4

Re: Celebi glitch/easter egg

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-11-16 16:15:16
This is very true. But if there was some glitch that forces it to appear then why is it such a low success rate. If you do the Mew trick it has a 99% of finding a Mew (if you do it correctly). It isn't "If you do this glitch, you have a 1 in 1000000000 chance of finding Mew".

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-11-16 21:15:38

This is very true. But if there was some glitch that forces it to appear then why is it such a low success rate. If you do the Mew trick it has a 99% of finding a Mew (if you do it correctly). It isn't "If you do this glitch, you have a 1 in 1000000000 chance of finding Mew".
Well, maybe the conditions that make Celebi appear are so strict that it's only 1 in 1000000000 times that it happens randomly.

Posted by: Ragnarok
Date: 2006-11-26 03:04:06
You know, depending on where we heard this from, a lot of the stories can be different.
What's saying that whoever claimed to find Celebi through a glitch didn't just use a Wild Pok?mon Modifier for it?
Like Izz said earlier in the topic, (and year, lol) Celebi's data isn't found on Route 123.
In R/B/Y, Mew's isn't found on Route 8.

Mew's appearance is caused by a string of events that unsettles the game's normal gameplay. (Go as specific as you want with that; you know what I mean.) There's no proof that Celebi's appearance couldn't also be triggered in an event like that.

I'm saying that there's probability for either side; The person who started the rumor could have used a cheating device, or they did something in a particular series of events, triggering the battle.
It's your choice to decide which is more logical. =\

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-11-26 12:51:56
we'd need someone who actually understands the underlying code to investigate it.

I'm good, but not that good.

Posted by: Master_M
Date: 2007-01-20 15:14:50

Sure about that think i got a screenshot could be fake it say's:Wild 'M Appeared! but i think it's 100% fake but, what about the think the circle with a ? in side and the name ???????? gender Male Symbol/Female Symbol?

Who are you, Ultra EX?

I have the picture he's talking about, and it IS fake.

Back on topic, I think the Celebi Glitch is a programming oversight or a glitch itself. Route 123 is a place where the programmers put Pokemon in, as is with any other Route, but the programmer made a miscalculation, and maybe tried to cover it up by making it incredibly rare to find. (lazy programmer…;D) 
[move]THIS IS JUST A THEORY.[/move]

EXACTLY!!!!!!  I think it was an oversight.  Now that he mentions it, changing the chances of its appearence would be ALOT easier than getting rid of it.

But you can see the wild pokemon on a route with Elitemap's "bewildered" program, and Celebi isn't there.

Well, If the HEX isn't there, it would be pretty hard to get a Celebi after all.  So much for a Celebi glitch.

Celebi glitch=FAKE

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-02-13 16:02:13
You CANT get celebi on R/S/E because you might need the national dex

Date: 2007-02-13 16:48:23
First off, it's "can't", LOTS OF BOLD AND UNDERLINE IS ANNOYING,
[size=75pt]BIG TEXT IS ALSO ANNOYING[/size]

and  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( lots of  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( this is also annoying. I can see why people don't like you very much.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-02-15 10:13:50
I think the celebi glitch is just stupid. Why? Because look at this glitch:[IMG]http://glitchcity.info/deximages/rubysapphire/question[/img]
Some say you can catch it in the wild without a gameshark at an extremely low capture rate(what I mean by capture rate(for those who don't know) is 1/____ the higher the second number means lower capture rate.) on route 117. I don't know the exeact numbers but it's higher than a shiny and lower than celebi.What ever it is ,if celebi is rarer than it then…why? This glitch in the wild is also said to also,be an error of programing,BUT celebi's capture rates are even lower so why? Why would celebi a NORMAL pokemon left in from programing have lower rates than a glitch? Why would they program celebi to have such low rates? Because if it was left in as an error then certinly that would be what the game would use. Why would it be even lower than a glitch? A place holder that the game most likely tried to stop you from finding? Think about it…

Posted by: jacob and drew glitchmast
Date: 2007-02-21 08:58:13
my friend has a celebi that is owned by him and caut in this route and he nor the rest of his friends have a cheating device and if we did (because i just got a gameshark ;D) he will refuse to use it ::)

Date: 2007-02-21 09:58:28
You actually can get celebi on route 123 with a cheating device

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-02-21 13:56:03
Where is your proof?

Date: 2007-02-21 14:46:55
Cheating device :P

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-02-21 19:59:33
[size=15pt][glow=red,2,300]Bobaloo…….everybody knos dat,wat we r trying to find out is dat if u can actually find serebii in route 123
or if its a hoax.[/glow][/size]

Date: 2007-02-21 21:20:03

[size=15pt][glow=red,2,300]Bobaloo…….everybody knos dat,wat we r trying to find out is dat if u can actually find serebii in route 123
or if its a hoax.[/glow][/size]

Couldn't you bother to actually type out words?

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-02-22 20:21:26
i find it much faster by misspelling da(the) words ::) 8)