Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Celebi glitch/easter egg - Page 3

Re: Celebi glitch/easter egg

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-04-30 06:13:04

Because there is no way to cause this abnormalty in the new games, the new coding does not allow the freezing of the battle in a route by way of escaping a trainer. (go on ahead and try to find the method in the new games, because I say it's hopeless. But don't allow me to stop you. If you find it, go on ahead and list me as the skeptic.)

That's what people probably claimed about R/B/Y until they found the ditto trick. Have you yourself examined the code?

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2006-05-07 05:13:19
you know, I've given it some thought, and maybe it COULD be possible (emphsis on possible).  the way it could be done is, that somehow you could create encounter data, but leave it uncomplete and then create game flags that would dump parts of data in the null data area, thus creating the HEX number to encounter Celebi. ( though some other things would have to edited in order to create string of data for celebi)

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-05-15 04:39:21
well, at any rate, this so-called "event" must be triggered by something unusual occuring in the supposed route you can find it. The berry glitch has been the blame for this, however I do not believe this allegation. The only unusual this I can think of is the Gentleman walking over the fence to battle you, however, this does not sound like a noteworthy happening that could trigger such an "event".

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2006-05-21 20:46:20
well there is a way that you could make the glitch on a R/S/E ROM, though I'm not entirely sure how…

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2006-06-12 21:27:03
Fake like the Sonic & Tails cheat for Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Both are just wishful thinking.

Posted by: zach the glitch buster
Date: 2006-07-13 12:43:20
I say that the Celebi glitch is possible. It could be somthing like the mew glitch in R/B/Y. It could be a lie. Also it could be an easter eeg. for the mew glitch theory it could be that completing a bunch of events triggers a bata event that lets you catch Celebi. fo the easter egg theory it could be the same thing except someone put it in there on purpose. Or it could just be a lie but I doent think so. 8)

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-07-14 07:41:03
I think its true.
Reading all the stuff everyone posted I think it is.
[img]http://www.pokemon-france.com/jeux/gen3/frlg/faq/images/celebi.PNG[/img]

Date: 2006-07-14 12:10:09
Ok, that's in Japan. That doesn't count.

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-07-14 21:27:06
I doubt that the game programmers would intentionally want you to catch Celebi/Serebii in wild.

Date: 2006-07-22 22:57:03

I doubt that the game programmers would intentionally want you to catch Celebi/Serebii in wild.

no they would not. but if you remember red and blue the game programmers dident want you to catch mew either. but you can catch mew so maybe you can catch Celebi without it being the intention of the game programmers.

Date: 2006-07-22 23:14:11
yeah. It's called a Gameshark. duh.

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-07-23 16:20:38
Yea, but Mew could only be catched by using a gameshark/glitch.

Date: 2006-07-28 00:34:47
It is a glitch

Posted by: Lishy
Date: 2006-09-26 18:38:59
Hey I got proof to disproove the celebi rumar.

USE A R/S/E EDITOR LOL!

It should say the pokemon that appear on the routes and celebie isnt one of em,neither is ? or ????????.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2006-11-16 16:07:22
Yea but some sort of glitch could cause celebi to appear just like the mew glitch or the sort of mechanic where you talk to a pokemon and fight it. it doesn't say mew on the map editor on r/b/y does it?