Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

Communication Breakdown - Page 1

Communication Breakdown

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-03 15:23:07
Have you ever pulled a link cable out during a battle? I have. Once. Unintentionally.

I was playing my Red vs. my Blue (Me vs. me). My Blastoise in Red had just killed a Venusaur in Red. I was sitting on the floor next to my bed, holding the GBA with the Red in it, while the Blue was sitting on my bed. I was frantically pressing buttons, when all of a sudden I see my Game Link Cable fall on the floor, still attached to my Red. My Blue was no longer attached. Uh oh. I yanked my Red GBA too hard. My Blue crashes and freezes. My Red is still working, however. I had just selected my next Pokemon in Blue (Venomoth), but the screen says "(name) sent out (bunch of glitchy blocks)!" This freakish glitched up Kingler appeared. It attacked me with Flamethrower (Huh?). I withdrew Blastoise and sent out Jolteon. I attack Kingler with Thunderbolt, but it does a VERY pitiful amount of damage to Kingler, yet the screen cries "It's super effective!" I went to withdraw Jolteon to use Golem, but the screen cries "BRYAN (my real life first name) withdrew GOLEM! BRYAN sent out GOLEM!" What the f**k? My Golem comes out, all glitched up. I go to use an attack, and I see he's got an attack called "TM51". I use it. The game instantly crashes and fills up with glitch blocks, makes a very loud BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sound, and I freak out. Very, VERY frightening. I almost never Link Battle anymore.

Have any of you encountered similar freakish experiences during Link Battles?

Re: Link Cables: Pulling Out A Link Cable During A Battle

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-03 15:29:28
I hardly ever link battle, period, but I'm considering messing with my Silver and Crystal versions in link battles to get glitchy effects. For one, it might cause the glitch trainer to appear in the Viridian house (been having a terrible time getting him to appear)

I've heard stories of a pink Butterfree appearing during glitched link battles, with over 2 bars of HP.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-03 15:35:35
Done it, only gotten an eternal "Waiting".

Date: 2007-10-03 15:38:56
I think you have to do it multiple times, at critical points (like when you've just issued an order or are about to change Pokemon). Have a really dusty cable also helps :P

Date: 2007-10-03 15:40:14
I have battled only once since then. I ended up getting my first ever draw.  D:

This happened a year ago, but I STILL remember it. I had THE MOST HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE OF MY LIFE that night.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-03 15:40:24
Mine's busted now, can't try, ****!

Date: 2007-10-03 15:46:08
Why is it broken?

The nightmare I had that night is that Missingno. burst out of my Red game, then proceeded to murder my Mom and Dad right before my very eyes…  O_o O_o O_o D: D: D: :'( :'( :'( I cried and cried in my dream. Yes, I know for some people here that would be a good dream ("yay! my parents died!!!!!! yeah!!!! awesome!!!!!!" I bet some of you'd go), but it was, to me, a very horrible, frightening, sad dream. It felt VERY REAL.

I also have officially given up Link Battling forever as a result of this.

Date: 2007-10-03 15:49:23
O_O

Can't say I'd care for that much either.

As a side note, you could also have the cables connectly very loosely. Many glitch linked battles begin when an attack hits on one version and misses on the other, or when a Pokemon is asleep and then wakes up on one version, while it stays asleep on the other.

Date: 2007-10-03 16:06:16
So NOW you understand why I don't Link Battle anymore.

Date: 2007-10-03 16:37:56
Indeed XD

Meh, I'm probably gonna try it out anyway :P.

Date: 2007-10-03 17:16:50
I am STILL emotionally traumatized by the link cable and the dream. I hope I NEVER have another dream like that.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-03 17:52:19

Why is it broken?

The nightmare I had that night is that Missingno. burst out of my Red game, then proceeded to murder my Mom and Dad right before my very eyes…  O_o O_o O_o D: D: D: :'( :'( :'( I cried and cried in my dream. Yes, I know for some people here that would be a good dream ("yay! my parents died!!!!!! yeah!!!! awesome!!!!!!" I bet some of you'd go), but it was, to me, a very horrible, frightening, sad dream. It felt VERY REAL.

I also have officially given up Link Battling forever as a result of this.

I too have had frightning dreams.

Date: 2007-10-03 18:00:27
Oh, you're a mod now? Nice.

Also, anybody HAD an experience similar to me? (An experience that should NOT be remembered…)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-10-03 18:25:56
I have glitch link battled before. I have many stories about it and one that involves how I got my username.

1.  I was glitching the link battle at the start when I faced the other person (myself) the pokemon were screwed up a bit.

2.  I kept attaching and reattaching the cables and got Blue to make the trainer send out a pokemon with glitchblocks for names who had the PZN/BRN/SLP status.  The poke didn't attack, but It did make the helath bar go down forever.

3. Same, but on yellow except it was a Muk

4. Blue was one step ahead of Yellow. on Yellow the Mewtwo's attack missed Blastiise, but on Blue it killed it. I used the attack Bubble to send out a pokemon and got a lv. 158 (Scrambled Bulba 2) that was named (lots of Random junk) GARY '(randomly changeing character chaned into an m once) 9887 (lots of random junk) It had TM 52 and could kill my Lv. 100s in one hit.  I used the only part of the name that made sence (GARY 'm 9887) and made it simpler to make my username.

5.  I made Blue encounter a glitch trainer called 6 who would always send out 8 but 8 looked like a 250 and froze the game.

The possiblites are almost endless during a glitch link battle.

Date: 2007-10-03 18:38:36
Oh…I was wondering why you called yourself "GARY M 9".

Wait…why aren't you "GARY M 9887?"

Yes. Glitch link battles are ALWAYS gonna be freaky, NO MATTER WHAT.

I am STILL trying to forget what happened. I can't seem to, though.